Scotland U19s Euro Qualifying

Footballfirst

Jason Holt played the full 90 minutes for Scotland in their opening tie as they beat Liechtenstein 7-0 in the first match of their qualifying group earlier today. ?Scott Robinson missed out on the trip due to injury. Scotland?s next game is against hosts Estonia on Thursday 30th Sep. ?Estonia won their opening match 2-0 against Norway.

http://en.uefa.com/u...1627/index.html

Johanes de Silentio

Jason Holt played the full 90 minutes for Scotland in their opening tie as they beat Liechtenstein 7-0 in the first match of their qualifying group earlier today. ?Scott Robinson missed out on the trip due to injury. Scotland?s next game is against hosts Estonia on Thursday 30th Sep. ?Estonia won their opening match 2-0 against Norway.

http://en.uefa.com/u...1627/index.html

Thanks for the update, bud! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, bud! :thumbsup:

Scotland won their 2nd game against Estonia 2-1. Jason Holt was on this bench for this one. Norway beat Liechtenstein 5-0 in the other game.

These results mean that Scotland will progress to the next stage of the competition unless they lose by 3 goals to Norway in the last game and Estonia have to beat Liechtenstein by 5 goals. Given that Norway lost to Estonia in their first game, I'd hope that the Scotland would go through with a 100% record.

Footballfirst

Scotland won their qualifying group despite a 4-2 defeat against Norway earlier today. Jason Holt was sub and came on for the last 10 mins, by which time the score was already 4-2. Estonia won their final game 3-0 against Liechtenstein.

jamboinglasgow

Turns Scotland came third in the group, but i don't understand how, 3 teams on 6 ltd. Scotland have more goals scored and a better goal difference.

Footballfirst

Turns Scotland came third in the group, but i don't understand how, 3 teams on 6 ltd. Scotland have more goals scored and a better goal difference.

That's an odd one. i can only assume that the tie break between teams on the same points is not straight GD or GS, but on results between the tied teams.

That would leave

1. Estonia 3 for 2 against = +1

2. Norway 4 for 4 against = 0

3. Scotland 4 for 5 against = -1

We may still go through as a best 3rd place team

Getintaethem

I dont think the games against lichtenstien count. If you take out those games, Estonia would be top, Norway second and Scotland third. :down:

donnie darko

If three teams are level on 6 points, the results between those three teams only are considered for placings. Therefore the results against Liechtenstein are effectively discounted.

Estonia +1 GD

Norway + 0 GD

Scotland -1 GD IIRC

Norway and Estonia qualify automatically.

Hopefully Scotland will be (and should be) one of the best 3rd placed teams.

It would be typical Scotland to miss out ridiculously though!

edit - beaten to it!

Aye, its weird. It isn't goal diff, it's the results against those teams tied on points. And even though we beat Estonia, we finish 3rd! I guess it comes down to a mini-league for 1st place. Each team has 1 win against each other but Estonia have the best goal diff in that mini-league (+2, compared to our -1 and Norway's -1). So, with 1st decided, it's between us and Norway for 2nd and they get it cos they beat us in our head to head.

I think!

SFA site says we still have a chance to quialify as the 3 3rd place teams from the 13 groups with the best records against the top two of their group go thruogh. We beat the group winners so should be strong position.

Shame to see Jason didn't get as much time on the pitch in our most recent two games after playing 90 against Licht. I guess he'll be one of the younger members of the squad though and still has 2 or 3 years at this age group...?

Footballfirst

Shame to see Jason didn't get as much time on the pitch in our most recent two games after playing 90 against Licht. I guess he'll be one of the younger members of the squad though and still has 2 or 3 years at this age group...?

He will only have this season and next season at this level.

Charlie-Brown

Typical Scotland keeping one of their most talented laddies on the bench whilst Celtic & Rangers players and others who are bigger laddies that can run & jump for fun are preferred .... one day Scotland will realise that it's talent not physique or an Old Firm badge that wins international matches.

Archived