Lee Wallace

future is maroon

future is maroon

I would say Wallace is our best defender and also our main attacking threat/outlet (with Driver out) so it almost feels like we are missing two players at the moment.

His pace is a great asset for doing his own job but I've lost count of the number of times that he used it to cover for centre half's over the past few seasons. This has been highlighted even more so recently as he aint been there to do that.

The fact he bombs on to the bye line and could swing the crosses in for Kyle is greatly missed too as the players we have been playing at lb recently have been floating high hopeless balls in from deep areas.

This aint a slant on any of the players who have been covering at left back recently as they are trying to do their best while playing out of position. What it has highlighted is how short of cover we left ourselves at left back unless JJ expected to rely on Ruben who just aint a defender?

a safe pair of sells

I would say Wallace is our best defender and also our main attacking threat/outlet (with Driver out) so it almost feels like we are missing two players at the moment.

His pace is a great asset for doing his own job but I've lost count of the number of times that he used it to cover for centre half's over the past few seasons. This has been highlighted even more so recently as he aint been there to do that.

The fact he bombs on to the bye line and could swing the crosses in for Kyle is greatly missed too as the players we have been playing at lb recently have been floating high hopeless balls in from deep areas.

This aint a slant on any of the players who have been covering at left back recently as they are trying to do their best while playing out of position. What it has highlighted is how short of cover we left ourselves at left back unless JJ expected to rely on Ruben who just aint a defender?

I MISS YOU SO MUCH, IT HURTS SOMETIMES? (much like at 3 o'clock today) :cry:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Wallace is out best player and most important player by a million miles.

Why the **** could it not have been any number of other Hearts 'players' to pick up that injury?

Without a doubt. It becomes even more apparent every game that he's not playing. :verymad:

What I don't understand is that there doesn't seem to be a left back coming through from the youth team ranks?

Where is the backup left back?

Not only is Lee Wallace our best player, he is the only player we cannot come close to replacing from within.

Park must be given the chance now.

I saw Lee at the match today, was surprised that he didnt have any crutches though he was walking with quite a limp. Losing him was an absolute hammer blow to our chances this season and could well be the difference between challenging for europe and mid table obscurity.

Huge lose, started great with Wallace in the back four, so much more composed overall. Since Lee got injured we've doubled the amount of goals conceded compared to when he was playing, and with no direct replacement on the horizon it doesn't look too good.

Massive blow attacking wise also, as Wallace is a terrific out-ball up the flank, and can run us out of trouble easily.

Its not all doom and gloom though, when he and Driver are back fit we'll rip most SPL teams apart down the left wing creating lots of chances for goal machine Elliot...

Jambof3tornado

Does this not give a real indication of his value? We don't cope without him and haven't even got a youngster worth a punt coming through!

PRICELESS!

We miss him more than we miss Zaliukas.

His defensive skills, organisational skills and attacking skills are invaluable to our team.

Why Park or any other young left back isn't being given an opportunity instead of shoehorning other players in is beyond me tbh.

We miss him more than we miss Zaliukas.

His defensive skills, organisational skills and attacking skills are invaluable to our team.

Why Park or any other young left back isn't being given an opportunity instead of shoehorning other players in is beyond me tbh.

Same reason I would imagine why McGowan doesn't get off the bench for the defence.

Same reason I would imagine why McGowan doesn't get off the bench for the defence.

Another mystery to me. Surely he's a better option than Palazuelos in the middle of the park, if that's where JJ thinks he should be playing.

Why the **** could it not have been any number of other Hearts 'players' to pick up that injury?

Because none of the others are good enough to get a sniff of the Scotland squad.

Guest jambomickey

Not only is Lee Wallace our best player, he is the only player we cannot come close to replacing from within.

Park must be given the chance now.

how many times have you seen park playing?

Not enough, but that is the point.

The only time I saw Park play, he looked to have real promise against a good C*lt!c youth side. However, he got a bad injury and now seems to be out of the picture. We are trying square pegs in round holes, Palazuelos didn't work, Jonsson didn't work and now we are looking round the club for somebody to play left back. Why look at our midfield when we have a left back on our books?

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

I admit I previously was never LW's biggest fan but he matured last season into an international LB and he now looks a player and a half.

Hearts will likely lose him sooner rather than later but it looked like JJ/Vlad were happy to bring in players for other positions during the summer. The injuries to LW and MZ (and to a lesser extent DK) have been a blow as the defensive cover is thin to non-existent. Why is there no LB understudy, why is it always a player shuffle rather than bringing in an out & out LB from the U19s. There is plenty cover for RB, but playing Eggy, Ruben or Obua out of position is clearly not the answer.

I wonder what JJ will try next.

Did your lads enjoy the session, Mikey?

What one were you by the way?

Matty Park has an awful attitude and has got rid of the legendary Dave McPherson as his agent as he believes he can get more. Dire attitude man.

Matty Park has an awful attitude and has got rid of the legendary Dave McPherson as his agent as he believes he can get more. Dire attitude man.

Is that why he is not being considered for selection?

Is that why he is not being considered for selection?

I really dunno. Supposedly his actions haven't gone down too well with the management team but he's just back from a massive injury as well.

Guest jambomickey

Did your lads enjoy the session, Mikey?

What one were you by the way?

kids had a great day, i was in the centre circle.

Guest jambomickey

Not enough, but that is the point.

The only time I saw Park play, he looked to have real promise against a good C*lt!c youth side. However, he got a bad injury and now seems to be out of the picture. We are trying square pegs in round holes, Palazuelos didn't work, Jonsson didn't work and now we are looking round the club for somebody to play left back. Why look at our midfield when we have a left back on our books?

i've seen him a few times and tbh he certainly wouldn't do any worse than palazuelos in there but he gets caught out in behind very easily.

Archived