Ryan Stevenson

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

On Tuesday night, next to Suso, Ryan Stevenson played his socks off in the second half to get us back into the game. He didn't have a good game yesterday but then going forward the ball spent a lot of time flying over the top of him to Kyle.

This. Our play was completely one dimensional yesterday, absolutely everything going up to Kyle. We had run out of ideas by about half an hour gone. Got two good wingers on the park and all we do is hammer it upfield at every opportunity.

Yeah, he's been very disappointing this season. Watching him, I do think that there's a bit of ability there, but I'm starting to think that he's got ability in the way that Dennis Wyness did: good at first division level, average for a lower SPL club, not good enough for Hearts.

I too was comparing Stevenson with Dennis Wyness. A good enough player at his level but just not quite good enough to give it that little bit extra. But then the same could be said about Black.

Says much about Hearts; not going the extra mile to get Hartley and Bryson.

I don't think Stevenson has what it takes.

He is too slow not in the physical sense but mentally, he doesn't seem to read passes for him or track opposition runs.

Yesterday we were crying out for a ball wining midfielder but he was playing left back.

Couldn't believe that Stevenson wasn't the first player subbed yesterday.

Stevenson had a poor game yesterday - but some of the criticism on here is OTT.

That said, there is no doubt that there is something seriously lacking in our midfield at the moment. We desperately need a midfield playmaker who can take control of a game in the middle of the park and "run the show". We haven't had such a player since Hartley left the club.

ToadKiller Dog

Stevenson is suffering from the lack of a prefered formation in the side(some ways due to injuries ) we are forever chopping and changing just now ,We dont have a balanced squad more so at the back and central midfield areas .There is also still a slight hangover from the style of play under Csaba .

Also on a larger level the lack of discipline running right through the side on a personal player level and a wider team level . Until all that is sorted we will struggle and players moving up a level like Stevenson like some of kids are always going to struggle .

I think we will get it right in the course of the season and Stevenson will become a useful squad player just hope we are still in the run in for 3rd ,Our home record at this time aint good enough , teams enjoy playing us at Tynecastle and have done for a good few years now.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

FFS it was only a couple of weeks ago everyone on here was pinning our hopes for the season on this guy, he has one bad game and the knives are out, he was far from the worst out there today, the whole midfied were missing for 90 minutes :yucky:

It was only a few seasons ago when everyone from fan to media would judge if a Lithuanian was 'Fit to wear the jersy' on his first touch of the ball

You can see quite clearly if Stevenson had off signed for St Johnstone he would have struggled to get in the their side on his performances

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll still turn out to be a decent signing for us.

I think he can be a clever player who has decent technique.

That being said he was dreadful yesterday, looked totally uniterested and unfit. I dont know if he was told to stay deeper yesterday with the front two and two wide men doing most of the attacking but it never worked. Maybe he is struggling physically with the demands of his first full season at SPL level after a hard shift on Tuesday but he did seem to just stroll about a bit too much yesterday. Both him and Ruben were anonymous yesterday. Although our insitence on punting balls forward over the midfield maybe never helped.

We really need someone to get a grip of the game in midfield, a lots been said about Michael Stewart but love him or hate him he always wanted on the ball and tried to make things happen, we miss that at the moment.

The guy seems to genuinely appreciate the chance that JJ has given him and he was been in the papers enough saying so. Time now to buckle down and repay that faith, he's had a pre season, he's in the team, time to deliver.

I was looking forward to seeing him playing slightly deeper and getting on the ball and maybe trying to dictate the game, sadly he lacked a bit of everything yesterday. He was overan and did look out of his depth by a very hardworking Motherwell midfield.

I agree Stevensons pish but its not just him. Centre midfield is dire, Pala is pish, Jonsson has been pish this season and Black, well, the less said the better. The midfield don't seem to be helping the defence and that is whats hampering us. They need to track back, they need to assist the defence. We all know our defensive problems, we can't afford to have passengers in midfield because with a defence that bad they need protection. I think its bottom 6 this season to be honest. We'l get nowhere with that defence and that midfield.

there are times when i think he has something about him and he could become a very good player

unfortunately today was not one of those days and i said at half time we should take him off

This must be one of the most over used phrases on JKB,Nade,Obua,most FCUK Kaunas Lonee's,to many to mention,fans seem to be living in hope now.

Archived