Vote for Sport

P-Dizzle

On Tuesday, the VoteforSport campaign was launched. There are more details on the site (www.voteforsport.com), but basically the idea of the campaign is to get MSPs and PPCs (prospective parliamentary candidates) to sign up and agree to champion sport when voting in parliament.

What we need is members of the public to sign up to the Pledge and support the campaign. It will take only seconds of your time, and a few days before next years elections you will receive an e-mail telling you who is running in your constituency and which ones have signed up to champion sport.

Even if you're not registered to vote in the Scottish elections, have a look at the site and maybe send it to people who are. The site explains it far better than I can, so have a look.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

On Tuesday, the VoteforSport campaign was launched. There are more details on the site (www.voteforsport.com), but basically the idea of the campaign is to get MSPs and PPCs (prospective parliamentary candidates) to sign up and agree to champion sport when voting in parliament.

What we need is members of the public to sign up to the Pledge and support the campaign. It will take only seconds of your time, and a few days before next years elections you will receive an e-mail telling you who is running in your constituency and which ones have signed up to champion sport.

Even if you're not registered to vote in the Scottish elections, have a look at the site and maybe send it to people who are. The site explains it far better than I can, so have a look.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Laurie, I think our country is facing bigger problems than whether the curling team are getting enough funding.

Might set up a website called dontvoteforsportyoumug.com.

Laurie, I think our country is facing bigger problems than whether the curling team are getting enough funding.

Might set up a website called dontvoteforsportyoumug.com.

It's more about utilizing resources we already have, trying to remove some of the barriers that prevent sport achieving it's potential in Scotland.

It's not a fundraising drive, I really don't want to go into the shitstorm that is Sport funding. But this is more about helping sport move forward in Scotland, rather than protecting our own interests.

It's more about utilizing resources we already have, trying to remove some of the barriers that prevent sport achieving it's potential in Scotland.

It's not a fundraising drive, I really don't want to go into the shitstorm that is Sport funding. But this is more about helping sport move forward in Scotland, rather than protecting our own interests.

Fair enough, but if my MSP prioritised sport I would punt him in the balls. (I probably wouldnt)

Fair enough, but if my MSP prioritised sport I would punt him in the balls. (I probably wouldnt)

It should be taken into consideration, especially during times like these when the NHS is looking at preventative spending. Sport should, in my opinion, be the first port of call.

So it's not about securing some more money for us all, it's about MSPs acknowledging the contribution sport makes to Scotland, and hopefully gaining support and interest from them on parliamentary issues.

It should be taken into consideration, especially during times like these when the NHS is looking at preventative spending. Sport should, in my opinion, be the first port of call.

So it's not about securing some more money for us all, it's about MSPs acknowledging the contribution sport makes to Scotland, and hopefully gaining support and interest from them on parliamentary issues.

There is an argument that competitive sport only helps a small elite group of athletes and even then sport is unhealthy with long term injuries, back, knee problems in the future from straining your body in competitive sport for many years.

Of course i would be in favour of local council gyms setting up running/jogging groups, swim classes, local schools being given better facilities, community groups being more accessible, but its not really a 'sport' issue - its more about your constituents leading an active healthy lifestyle. healthly living and being active isnt the same as building a multi purpose centre for weightlifters or a new boxing ring to improve our commenwealth hopes.

Like all things I just want to see the average guy on the streets life get a little better. Addressing Scotlands drinking culture was a good start but it has been shouted down by the other parties - one rare thing I agreed with the SNP's about.

There is an argument that competitive sport only helps a small elite group of athletes and even then sport is unhealthy with long term injuries, back, knee problems in the future from straining your body in competitive sport for many years.

Of course i would be in favour of local council gyms setting up running/jogging groups, swim classes, local schools being given better facilities, community groups being more accessible, but its not really a 'sport' issue - its more about your constituents leading an active healthy lifestyle. healthly living and being active isnt the same as building a multi purpose centre for weightlifters or a new boxing ring to improve our commenwealth hopes.

Like all things I just want to see the average guy on the streets life get a little better. Addressing Scotlands drinking culture was a good start but it has been shouted down by the other parties - one rare thing I agreed with the SNP's about.

We're talking about participation, at all levels. This isn't looking out for the elite hundreds of athletes, this is about a group of people who want to play badminton in their area, but the local school wont open in the evenings. It's about the kids who don't get 2 hours of quality P.E. because their school can't afford a P.E. teacher.

It's a sport issue because the clubs that use these facilities are supported by their Governing Bodies, who are there to make sure that their respective sport is doing well.

In a time when surgeons are saying it's more cost effective to fit gastric bands than care for the obese then we should be trying to get more people into sport.

Archived