Ruben

Bigchef

Barr has got it tight but a few times last night he had to cover/help out ruben.

i dare him to stick a tackle in. he always stands back and lets the player run at him. just close the ***** down and again TACKLE.

The Old Tolbooth

I think it's clear Ruben ain't no left back, that much is for sure.

I actually think we would be better with Eggert at left back and Ruben in the holding role, both we're useless last night.

Barr has got it tight but a few times last night he had to cover/help out ruben.

i dare him to stick a tackle in. he always stands back and lets the player run at him. just close the ***** down and again TACKLE.

very similar to comments I was making last night on the walk back to the car tbh.... you could have driven a bus through the gap in our central defence but I think that was in large part down to the fact we had no real full-backs on the pitch so the central defenders were continually dragged wide.

Bouzid & Barr will come good as a partnership IMO, but they need some real defenders alongside them.

I take it nobody remembers Ruben's goal-saving challenge in the first half?

Bringing his foot from behind the player, trapping the ball and coming away with it.

Mistime that by a second, and you give away a penalty.

Bouzid & Barr will come good as a partnership IMO, but they need some real defenders alongside them.

And a midfield in front of them?

Do we have a better option right now though?

I wouldn't be playing Eggert anywhere near the left back role, Skacel isn't fully fit yet and in the left back position, you need to be able to run for 90 minutes.

My personal choice would be Craig Thomson but I'm assuming he will be suspended for the next two games or so.

Gregory House M.D.

Why are people thinking its compulsory to play Ruben? I've put him in my team for saturday at LB but if he isn't good enough there he shouldn't be on the park because he's nowhere near good enough in CM or the holding role... The last time i remember him having a good game he was playing on the wing but those positions are full.

Why are people thinking its compulsory to play Ruben? I've put him in my team for saturday at LB but if he isn't good enough there he shouldn't be on the park because he's nowhere near good enough in CM or the holding role... The last time i remember him having a good game he was playing on the wing but those positions are full.

why don't we give the U-19 player that plays in that position a few games, whats the worse that can happen, a proper left back that can tackle and not let players just stroll past them, yes Barr had a bad game, but i feel he was also concerned on covering Rubens lack of tackling and allowing players get past him.

The whole back 4 where shocking last night but it was not the first time this season we have been ripped open in defense.

I don't mind the odd game where we play a player out of position, but no way can we keep Rubens as left back until the next transfer window if Wallace takes longer to return.

<br>why don't we give the U-19 player that plays in that position a few games, whats the worse that can happen, a proper left back that can tackle and not let players just stroll past them, yes Barr had a bad game, but i feel he was also concerned on covering Rubens lack of tackling and allowing players get past him.<br>The whole back 4 where shocking last night but it was not the first time this season we have been ripped open in defense.<br>I don't mind the odd game where we play a player out of position, but no way can we keep Rubens as left back until the next transfer window if Wallace takes longer to return.<br>
<br><br>excatly what i as thinking aswell. may get pelters but david obua can play LB aswell. played there a few times last season am sure. <br>

<br><br>excatly what i as thinking aswell. may get pelters but david obua can play LB aswell. played there a few times last season am sure. <br>

I agree mate I think compared to rubens he is more suited to that role think he could do a decent job if he keeps it simple

Anywhere but Black's position right?

Gregory House M.D.

Anywhere but Black's position right?

No... check the "team for saturday" thread and you'll see Black is nowhere near the squad...

Palazuelos is not a left back. It is particularly galling that we have a fit left back that is not even getting a chance.

Don't mean to say "I told you so", but I did say just before the closing of the window that Wallace was the one player in our team that we couldn't replace and that Driver could be replaced with greater ease.

Archived