Take the pressure off the Egg man, Make KK captain now!

Walter Bishop

Kevin Kyle is an inspiration, he imo should be captain of our club his stature is clear for everyone to see and from what im told he acts like the unofficial captain before and after the games, his attitude is exactly what i want to see from a Hearts player. The pressure on young Eggert appears to be affecting his performances, so its a win win situation as far as im concerned.

Mid Calder Jambo

Absolutely and without question this man is one of the best things to have arrived at Tynecastle for a long time. He wants to be the leader and has shown these qualities in most of the games he has played in.

Kevin Kyle is an inspiration, he imo should be captain of our club his stature is clear for everyone to see and from what im told he acts like the unofficial captain before and after the games, his attitude is exactly what i want to see from a Hearts player. The pressure on young Eggert appears to be affecting his performances, so its a win win situation as far as im concerned.

Just seems like another excuse for kickback favourite Mr average Jonsson.Black,Ruben,Stevenson and Jonsson have been poor so far.The lack of leadership has been a worry for a few seasons now.

When i walked in last night KK was directing the shooting warm up. He seemed to be the one laying off all the balls and the one to decide when they changed to another scenario / move.

Kevin Kyle for captain!!! :thumbsup:

Last night he was even trying to direct our center backs, saw him turn round and tell them to tighten up.

I mean FFS that's how much a shambles the two imposters were last night.

In what sense?

I have never been Eggert`s biggest fan, however i feel he is to young to be captain of HMFC, and i genuinely believe between being captain and being played in different positions he is totally out of form. I would rather he just got on with playing rather than worrying about captaining the side.

Goldstone Wonder

He's already the de facto captain on the pitch and given Zaliukas's imminent departure, he should be made team and club captain asap.

Just seems like another excuse for kickback favourite Mr average Jonsson.Black,Ruben,Stevenson and Jonsson have been poor so far.The lack of leadership has been a worry for a few seasons now.

Totally agree Benny, Black and Ruben are just average players.

Stevenson should now be finding his feet at SPL level.

Eggy has been disappointing - I thought he was awful at Inverness and believe he wasn't much better last night. I respect he gets moved about which doesn't help but looking for a bit more aggression from him and consistency.

I've been thinking about it and came to the conclusion that Kevin Kyle should be the captain regardless of Zal coming back or when Lee returns from injury.

Eggy might have had a few less than perfect performances but I'm not going to get stuck into him over it. For quite some time now he's been one of our most reliable and consistent players, he's been through some amount of crap with us and never once grumbled about being shoved around from pillar to post. I have a massive amount of respect for him and I'm delighted that he's ours. The issue of his recent performances and the captaincy shouldn't be intertwined imo. It's very unfair to him. I really don't think the performance stuff has anything to do with the captaincy, I think it's simply symptomatic of the problems inherent in our defence and nothing more. To use it as leverage in a Kyle for captain campaign leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

In saying that, Kyle certainly has the credentials and has demonstrated some seriously impressive leadership qualities in the last few weeks. However, I think we've had enough jumping around between captains lately and there's no point in doing that yet again. Kyle has just walked in the door. I'm good with the 'wait and see' approach.

You can be a leader and not Captain.

Im happy with both Eggy and KK on the pitch - no need to rock the boat or change things.

Eggy is calm and considered. KK has passion and drive.

At the moment id rather we had a calm Captain, KK can still do his job of rousing the troops and driving them on without being captain.

no need to change this just because we lost to Falkirk - unnecessary reaction.

Kyle is a natural leader and will talk players through games regardless of whether he's captain. If we take the armband from Eggert it may be detrimental to his confidence and most likely won't make any difference to KK. Leave it with Eggert IMO.

while i agree kyle has leadership qualities we are now 6 games in and already onto our third captain. i don`t see that extra pressure is being put on eggert. hes been p`sh the last two games, nothing to do with being our captain imo.

let kyle continue leading from the front but let eggert stick as skipper for now.

You can be a leader and not Captain.

Im happy with both Eggy and KK on the pitch - no need to rock the boat or change things.

Eggy is calm and considered. KK has passion and drive.

At the moment id rather we had a calm Captain, KK can still do his job of rousing the troops and driving them on without being captain.

no need to change this just because we lost to Falkirk - unnecessary reaction.

I think that's pretty much what I was trying to say. There's room for both.

:thumbsup:

I never get the change for the sake of change approach from Hearts fans hurting from a bad result.

A measured and sensible approach is what's needed, nothing else.

I think that's pretty much what I was trying to say. There's room for both.

:thumbsup:

Always here to help, and you do often need help....

I could be wrong, but was it not the case that when KK was given the armband at Killie, his performance got worse, I remember an article where jj had suggested that the armband left Kyle carrying too much weight on his shoulders or something.

I do however agree that he seems inspirational when he plays, everyone gets a lift from his presence and he challenges everything, which is great to see.

Absolutely and without question this man is one of the best things to have arrived at Tynecastle for a long time. He wants to be the leader and has shown these qualities in most of the games he has played in.

Agreed

Jambof3tornado

Giving kk the armband would be a great move. Eggy is still learning his game and could do better without the added pressure. Big kev on the other hand knows his game and could easily lead from the front!

Archived