Kevin Kyle's performance

Ryan Gosling

When Calum went off I was a bit unsure, because of JJ's comments on KK's fitness.

All I can say is that, for a lone striker in a 10-man team, he was outstanding. This is the centre forward we've needed for years. He didn't deserve to lose, along with Stevo and Suso.

When Calum went off I was a bit unsure, because of JJ's comments on KK's fitness.

All I can say is that, for a lone striker in a 10-man team, he was outstanding. This is the centre forward we've needed for years. He didn't deserve to lose, along with Stevo and Suso.

Sounded like he more than held his own.

Both our strikers have scored 4 goals by the end of September. Really couldn't have asked for any more.

And with Stephen Elliott coming back, and stories from training are true, we could be on for a winner on the striker front at long long last.

jamboinglasgow

Those three were just incredible up front. Suso destroyed the Falkirk left side and even toyed with them when he got in the box, a superb performance. Kyle went up for everything, but also showed how handy he is when he got the ball on the ground as you say a real center-forwards performance. And Ryan while an average first half, second half battled for everything and even did a few good turns including play the ball on the ground then getting up and beating the man.

Also thought Temps did very well first half, arguably our best player in that half, but faded in the second.

I am taking to KK very very quickly.

As early as 2-0 down in the 1st half he was back for a corner talking to the defence and trying to help reorganise them.

He put in a phenomenal shift tonight as a lone striker, having also changed the game for us on Saturday when he came on.

2 goals tonight and much like Suso, did not deserve to be on the losing side. Was absolutely messed by the end but it said a lot about him that he lasted the full game.

Personally i'd make him captain.

Chad Sexington

After watching Kyle against Hamilton I said he would score 15+ goals this season.

I stand by that,

Our player of the season. (Nap) :thumbsup:

Sounded like he more than held his own.

Both our strikers have scored 4 goals by the end of September. Really couldn't have asked for any more.

And with Stephen Elliott coming back, and stories from training are true, we could be on for a winner on the striker front at long long last.

What are the stories from training mate?!? Must have missed them!

Chad Sexington

What are the stories from training mate?!? Must have missed them!

JJ said he was flying in training today apparently.

He's in contention for Saturday.

I dunno if big Kev will have the energy to start on Saturday... I dunno if I have the energy to go after tonight.

But if I see our subs bench with an international striker and Rudi Skacel on it, I will be pleased.

Excellent delighted to hear it. Roll on Saturday.

I was wrong about Kyle. So very, very wrong. He was excellent.

Didn't think much of Stevenson though.

I thought Stevo's effort was terrific, and he set up Suso and Kyle's goal IIRC.

The Old Tolbooth

Kyle was magnificent tonight and the shift he put in deserves special credit, he was everywhere for a big man!

Temps was great in the first half but I thought he should have kept tormenting the left back after he got him booked, because he was skinning him all the time and it would only have been a matter of time before he was sent off.

Chad Sexington

I was wrong about Kyle. So very, very wrong. He was excellent.

Didn't think much of Stevenson though.

Takes a big man etc ;)

Hopefully Ryan will prove you wrong too. :)

Kyle ran his socks off. Definately didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Big man was gutted at the end.

I too would make him captain!

Lynn :ninja:

Kyle was magnificent tonight and the shift he put in deserves special credit, he was everywhere for a big man!

Temps was great in the first half but I thought he should have kept tormenting the left back after he got him booked, because he was skinning him all the time and it would only have been a matter of time before he was sent off.

They took that full back off at half time.

Once every one is fit our squad will be very strong Esp our midfield, Driver,Temps, Rudi, Suso, Stevo, Rubens, Eggert, Adrian. Problem we will have though is Playing them all(good problem) Wouldnt want to drop Temps or Suso after there very strong start to the season. Maybe if Rudi proves to be good he will be the more attacking midfielder, but what about Driver?? I have always been a fans of Rubens as a holding Midfielder andhope he gets his chance there again. I feel Stevenson is still slightly off the pace but do rate him.

Also We will soon have Stephen Elliot fit. Callum has proved really good this year, I have always been a fan of him, gives his all makes great runs, but never got the service.

I think we have a strong team now and strikers will defo get good servie esp with kyle up front holding the ball up and knocking the ball down.

I really hope everyone stays fit and our team will be very strong, JJ just needs to sort out the defence, I do feel a younger pacey CB is the answer.

I was bit meh when he signed, but he was excellent in the 2nd half today. The best thing apart from the goal was his intelligent today. To give you a example, when some how templetin got booked, we were suppose to give the ball back to Falkirk. Klye took the throw in and past the ball in between the box and the touchline, knowing the goalkeeper was the only one back. He then ran into the box to stop the keeper bringing the ball into the box and picking it. Don't know if I have explain it well but I thought that was good thinking.

I was bit meh when he signed, but he was excellent in the 2nd half today. The best thing apart from the goal was his intelligent today. To give you a example, when some how templetin got booked, we were suppose to give the ball back to Falkirk. Klye took the throw in and past the ball in between the box and the touchline, knowing the goalkeeper was the only one back. He then ran into the box to stop the keeper bringing the ball into the box and picking it. Don't know if I have explain it well but I thought that was good thinking.

I noticed that and very clever, then the keeper fluffed it out and we got possession back

He should be captain.. Eggert is never a captain, and has hardly kicked a ball this season.

Eggy is still one of the best players at the club but I feel the responsibility of being captain is maybe affecting his own game at times.

KK was outstanding last night. The way he was running the channels, holding the ball up and bringing others into play was immense. If he stays fit he could have a great season.

I don't want to get too excited about Kyle BUT...y'know how we've been waiting for a new Tynie hero sort of character for quite some time now? I think it might be him. It won't be Skacel, he'll be welcomed back and everything but I can't see adoration levels being quite the same. If Kyle continues to play like this, have this sort of impact and demonstrate massive levels of commitment in a maroon jersey I think he's in the running to become a bonafide Jambo legend.

Bit early to make sweeping statements like that when it's just a hunch but I've had too much caffeine this afternoon and feel the need to share my thoughts. :biggrin:

I thought Kyle would do well over his time at Hearts, I didn't expect him to start quite this well and slot in to this side with such ease. If he's fit to play on Saturday, hopefully he'll carry his good performances back through to the league and we can cause Motherwell some real problems at the back.

I can see him being the key player for us when it comes to the sides outwith the OF, games where we've been dropping points for the last couple of seasons. Kyle gives us that intimidating factor in attack, it's something we've lacked.

tartofmidlothian

(seriously) Could he do a job for us at centre half? It's great that we're scoring so many, but we're leaking goals.

I was thinking that too, hasn't he played there for Killie before? I want to see him causing problems up front, but he could be a last-ditch option.

I can't wait for him to do the flag pole celebration at Easter Road.

Man is going to be a Hearts great imo.

This and this.

He's what we have been lacking upfront for ages, top bloke aswell. With Zal out of the team for who knows how long I think it's time JJ gave the armband to big Kev. Fantastic performance from him last night & the fitter he gets the better his performances are going to get. Gutted about last nights result but the thought of having KK up front with the inform clum or S.Elliott cheers me up!

Kyle was brilliant last night.He got us going and between him and suso were the diffrence between us getting a real hiding. If i were JJ i would make him captain now the ice man is to young and i think it is to much pressure on him and effects his game.

As I've said on another thread he is doing everything I hoped he would and aint fully fit yet. Potentially a fantastic signing and very much a team player. :thumbsup:

Archived