Hearts & the Diddy Cup (merged threads)

Jambo2006

Ok we call it the diddy cup and so on but it's still part of the 3 major trophies up for grabs in this country....we always take the piss out of Hibs over their scottish cup Hoodoo, but this is a trophty we havent managed to win in my lifetime 36 years old now and yet again another year goes by and we are out...a trophy is a trophy and disappointment yet again...season starts no bad and now this set back

Roy Croppers Handbag

Well said, fella.

I would love to see Hearts win any trophy again, anyone who thinks we are in a position to turn our nose up at one of the biggest honours we can compete for are idiots.

I completely agree.

At the risk of giving Hibs supporters some much-needed ammunition, our League Cup record pains me.

Still, if we win the Scottish Cup I will get over it.

Howdy Doody Jambo

1962 , this is a disgrace for Heart of Midlothian Football Club

This is becomming a monkey on our backs now , the Hobos have won it 3 times since we last won it .

Who on JKB have seen Hearts win it ?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anybody on JKB seen Hearts win the League Cup ?

Our record in this competition is a disgrace in the last 35 year i have been supporting the Jambos

It really rips ma knitting to see First Division teams like Airdrie , Falkirk and lowly SPL St Mirren pump us in cup games recently

Our record in this competition is a disgrace in the last 35 year i have been supporting the Jambos

It really rips ma knitting to see First Division teams like Airdrie , Falkirk and lowly SPL St Mirren pump us in cup games recently

I've been fortunate enough to see them win it on all four occasions, and also the three BIG cup wins. :thumbsup:

Hearts record in the League cup is still better than Hibs in the Scottish. I'll bet that's really ripping some folks knitting.

I saw them v Kilmarnock in 62-63 when Norrie Davidson scored the only goal of the game. Killie thought they had equalised but their goal was disallowed.

Honestly who gives a flying.

I was there last night and yes I was gutted that we lost - espically after getting back into the game.

However in the cold light of day the CIS remains for a me a 3rd rate trophy that needs some kind of injection to breathe life back into it. Give it back a Euro place and make the final before Christmas and then it will become what it was 20 years ago - a more than decent trophy to win.

Sniff Sniff,anyone smell Hobo???

Hearts have won all 3 domestic trophies in my lifetime.

I was too young to see the League Cup and Championship victories first hand but I was in attendance at our 2 most recent Scottish Cup wins.

I suppose seeing 2 major trophy wins in half a century is maybe not the greatest of records but is still better than the vast majority of football fans can boast and one that I'm sure many fans would give anything to see.

J.T.F.Robertson

What a pisspoor effort at trolling by the OP! Try harder in future.

It is a bit suspect, but anyway, I was at the Killie win in '62, my first "away" game.

On a different topic, I'm back until October 13th should anyone wish to show their appreciation for my many insightful contributions to the board.:whistling:

I'm sure there are many. I have and have also seen them win the League twice and of course the SC.

A much more difficult question - has anyone on here seen the wee team win the Scottish cup? Now don't all rush at once.

Archived