Player ratings v Falkirk

Gambo

Kello 6 Some scary moments

Thomson 2 Not really in it until sending off.

Barr 4 Shocking first half, better second

Bouzid 4 Bombscare first half, better second

Ruben 3 Lost at left back

Jonsson 4 Shocking first half, bit better second

Stevenson 6 Poor first half, but rolled sleeves up second half.

Suso 7 Quiet first half, wanted to get involved in silly things, let his feet do the talking second half with an excellent display.

Temps 5 Had the beating of the right back, but had poor ball control, lucky not to fully connect with his tackle on Falkirk player.

Elliot 2 Not in game when subbed

Kyle 7 Leader, rallied the troops at 2-0 down, a constant menace second half.

Mroweic 6 Got stuck in well, contributed to us getting back in game.

JJ gave Falkirk a boost by sending out Obua to warm up near the end.:verymad:

I think if we had scored a 4th many a fan would have made it onto the pitch, that advertising hoarding was not going to hold out for much longer.

Now C.T. it may be proved was technically a sending off, but why oh why do 4th officials only see incidents involving our players................are all other clubs angels? There was a high card count and not one dirty tackle in the game. How did the Falkirk player escape unpunished at the penalty? How did the referee miss the ball striking a Falkirks player arm early second half, an arm the stopped a shot heading for goal?

I said it on the game thread but it looked as though at the sending off the ref was pleading with everyone to give him a reason to send off a Hearts player, even although he was only a few yards from the incident he seen eff all wrong, he then went to his linesman who was also close to the incident, he seen eff all wrong so he then run to the 4th official...............you can bet your bottom dollar that Pressley (who again had nipped the 4th officials ear) was next. Funny how the same 4th official missed a disgraceful late lunge by a Falkirk player in the second half.

P1sh poor first half, a lot better second half.

Kello 6 Some scary moments

Thomson 2 Not really in it until sending off.

Barr 4 Shocking first half, better second

Bouzid 4 Bombscare first half, better second

Ruben 3 Lost at left back

Jonsson 4 Shocking first half, bit better second

Stevenson 6 Poor first half, but rolled sleeves up second half.

Suso 7 Quiet first half, wanted to get involved in silly things, let his feet do the talking second half with an excellent display.

Temps 5 Had the beating of the right back, but had poor ball control, lucky not to fully connect with his tackle on Falkirk player.

Elliot 2 Not in game when subbed

Kyle 7 Leader, rallied the troops at 2-0 down, a constant menace second half.

Mroweic 6 Got stuck in well, contributed to us getting back in game.

JJ gave Falkirk a boost by sending out Obua to warm up near the end.:verymad:

I think if we had scored a 4th many a fan would have made it onto the pitch, that advertising hoarding was not going to hold out for much longer.

Now C.T. it may be proved was technically a sending off, but why oh why do 4th officials only see incidents involving our players................are all other clubs angels? There was a high card count and not one dirty tackle in the game. How did the Falkirk player escape unpunished at the penalty? How did the referee miss the ball striking a Falkirks player arm early second half, an arm the stopped a shot heading for goal?

I said it on the game thread but it looked as though at the sending off the ref was pleading with everyone to give him a reason to send off a Hearts player, even although he was only a few yards from the incident he seen eff all wrong, he then went to his linesman who was also close to the incident, he seen eff all wrong so he then run to the 4th official...............you can bet your bottom dollar that Pressley (who again had nipped the 4th officials ear) was next. Funny how the same 4th official missed a disgraceful late lunge by a Falkirk player in the second half.

P1sh poor first half, a lot better second half.

COMEONTHEHEARTS

Largely agree with the op so not gonna split hairs but suso ? Even if he hadn't touched the ball in the first half should still be a ten for his overall contribution

Kello - 5 Been playing well but I thought he might have done better with the first goal, would need to see it again though

Thomson - 1 If guilty. 4 otherwise

Barr - Woeful

Bouzid - 4 Not his best game but Barr's positioning was pulling the defence apart.

Ruben - 5 Improved as the game got on. Clearly not afullback but thats not really his fault

Eggert - 5 Still not found his feet this year

Stevenson - 6 Rolled gthe sleeves up and had a decent second half

Templeton - 6 Started the game brightly but fell out of it

Suso - 9 The guy deserved so much more. Gave everything

Elliot - 5 Not in the game before going off

Kyle - 8 Along with Suso and Stevenson got us back in the game

Mrowiec - 6 Steadied us in midfield

JJ - Should have brought on fresh legs for Suso towards the end. Practically 9 men because Suso could barely move.

Largely agree with the op so not gonna split hairs but suso ? Even if he hadn't touched the ball in the first half should still be a ten for his overall contribution

Don't get me wrong Suso was a 9+/10 in the second half, but do we just ignore the first half? Do you not want him to play like that first and second half?

Kello - 6- Not to blame for any of the goals

C. Thomson - 4 - From my seat in row J it looked like the Falkirk player kicked out at him not other way round but if his sending off was justified he should be fined heavily by the club. His sending off cost us dearly, the players were out on their feet at 3-2.

Barr - 2 - Woeful. So slow it is frightening. For the 2nd goal he had 2-3 yards start on the striker twice and stil lost out. Looked completely lost.

Bouzid-3- Generally as bad as Barr, again has less pace than my granny and she uses a zimmer...

Ruben - 5 - Not looking as comfortable at LB as i hoped he might.

Overall defence is currently a shambles. Worrying.

Suso - 8 - Great fight in the 2nd half, great composure for the goal and tore the boy for arsepaper. didn't deserve to be on the losing side. keep up the good work wee man.

Stevenson - 5 - Woeful 1st half, improved massively after the break. Was concerning seeing our midfield so outplayed by a 1st division mob 1st half but he better 2nd half.

Eggert - 5 - Much better when at RB than at CM. Was also pish 1st half.

Temps - 8 - How you can only give him a 5 is beyond me. Brilliant to watch. Skinned players at will and got 3 or 4 Falkirk players booked. Lacked final ball a few times but was generally a clas above most of his teammates.

Elliot- can't comment as subbed early due to CT's sending off.

Kyle - 8 - Great effort, great goals. Really like this guy, a winner who cares about what is going on. Didn't stop running, what a shift when he was left up top alone.

Overall- Kyle, Suso and Temps couldn't be faulted. The rest have to have a real look in the mirror esp over their 1st half performances.

JJ - Should have brought on fresh legs for Suso towards the end. Practically 9 men because Suso could barely move.

Extra time would have been interesting, Suso was running on empty but his adrenalin was seeing him through. I f we were going out (Falkirk should have had us out of sight in the first half tbh) i am glad it was over 90mins with 10men and not 120 with ten men.

Don't get me wrong Suso was a 9+/10 in the second half, but do we just ignore the first half? Do you not want him to play like that first and second half?

Wingers never perform like that for 90 minutes. Anybody who contributes to three goals and puts on as exciting a performance as that deserves ten it of ten for me. Kyle and suso must feel badly let down by our defnce tonight.

Saturday is now make or break for me. If we perform like that in attack we could win easily. If we defend as badly we could end up with another doing from Motherwell.

Also on your ratings I'd reduce Barr and pala to a one. Both filled a jersey but done little else

I think Rudi is a must for the left back position until Lee gets back.

I agree and Jason Thomson at right back. Barr can hardly get any worse so I'd leave our central pairing as it is to see if they can't get some sort of partnership going (for now)

Kello 7 - Good handling but what can you do with that defending in front of you? Off his line more than once to bail out our centre halves when we were cut open.

Thomson 1 - Couldnt see if he flicked out but either way he looks like a guy who spends half his game moaning and in the team for delivery only

Barr 2 - Getting worried about this lad - people say he lacks height but on tonight also lacks pace, positioning and strength

Bouzid 5 - Not as bad as Barr but needs to organise more

Ruben 6 - Didn't think he was that bad for a guy playing slightly out of position

Suso 9 - Hands up, not a fan last season but outstanding. Commitment, workrate and great close control. Plus no bookings for talking back (let him off with celebration)

Stevenson 6 - Got a nice touch and had a better second half but needs to impose more

Jonsson 6 - Solid enough, typical Eggy very steady player, cant decide his best position though. Central defence is so weak just now do we put him there to shore it up but then leave us short in centre mid.

Templeton 6 - Started very well then faded. Thought both there intial rb and sub rb looked poor and nervous, could have got at both more

Mroweic 5 - Didnt really notice him much

Kyle 8 - Poor first half partly due to poor service, heard him from the other end of the pitch though geeing up the team. His header will get lost in the defeat but what a finish. Plus 90 mins under the belt.

Conclusion - If we had held on at 3-2 it would have hidden such an inept performance. I have always felt Hearts are known for having good solid centre halfs but tonight I have never seen us look so spineless. I still cant decide whether we werent stopping balls coming from midfield into the forwards but the centre halfs were all over the place. At the second goal Barr got wrong side of his man twice in the build up!! I'm not one to write off players after two months but that was unacceptable. If Craig Thomson did lash out (couldnt see at time) I would have Jason in the team for a few weeks, not a huge fan but few options. Like it or not we miss Zal for his presence and organisation, although I agree with not playing him due to circumstances.

I was at Gretna when McGowan made his debut and thought he was excellent, not seen him since but he must be considered if he is continually in the squad. Most worrying is the lack of spine in the team. Attacking wise Im happy enough but we must sort the defense.

The ratings for Mrowiec are incredible.

Anything more than a 2 is waaaay too much.

He was all over the place.

I actually thought he dine not too bad.

Barr on the other hand. I just dint get it there were times he didn't tackle didn't nlock or put the falkirk player off just ran into the box alongside him.

Never seen a central defender play so badly in years

I actually thought he done not too bad.

Barr on the other hand. I just didnt get it there were times he didn't tackle didn't block or put the falkirk player off just ran into the box alongside him.

Conclusion - If we had held on at 3-2 it would have hidden such an inept performance. I have always felt Hearts are known for having good solid centre halfs but tonight I have never seen us look so spineless. I still cant decide whether we werent stopping balls coming from midfield into the forwards but the centre halfs were all over the place. At the second goal Barr got wrong side of his man twice in the build up!! I'm not one to write off players after two months but that was unacceptable. If Craig Thomson did lash out (couldnt see at time) I would have Jason in the team for a few weeks, not a huge fan but few options. Like it or not we miss Zal for his presence and organisation, although I agree with not playing him due to circumstances.

As poor as the defence were first half (and they were shocking), they got very little help from the midfielders, Falkirk had players running at the defence from all angles, either with the ball or without it. Jonsson was just as bad in the first half as the defence. Mroweic made us more solid in the middle of the park.

The ratings for Mrowiec are incredible.

Anything more than a 2 is waaaay too much.

He was all over the place.

Harsh. He came on and did not too badly IMO. Contributed a lot in the second half and gave us a bit of steel to build on going forward.

1st half was a write off. First goal was so soft through the middle as it was on Saturday. WTF was Barr doing at their second?!

2nd half was better. Kyle and Suso in particular were excellent. Gutted, but think they regained a bit of pride with their second half display. How about we start like that next time guys, eh?!

I actually thought he dine not too bad.

Barr on the other hand. I just dint get it there were times he didn't tackle didn't nlock or put the falkirk player off just ran into the box alongside him.

I don't think Mrowiec won a tackle or passed the ball to a Hearts player once.

As for Barr..............

He makes Fabien Leclercq look like Franco Baresi.

I don't think Mrowiec won a tackle or passed the ball to a Hearts player once.

Mroweic was the first Hearts man to actually make a tackle and win it. He tackled a many a time and played the easy pass for others to get us going. He was not great but as other have stated he added a bit of steel into the midfield that was sadly lacking in the early part of the game and that allowed us to get back into the game.

Mroweic was the first Hearts man to actually make a tackle and win it. He tackled a many a time and played the easy pass for others to get us going. He was not great but as other have stated he added a bit of steel into the midfield that was sadly lacking in the early part of the game and that allowed us to get back into the game.

He was/is absolutely pish.

Kello 7 - Good handling but what can you do with that defending in front of you? Off his line more than once to bail out our centre halves when we were cut open.

Thomson 1 - Couldnt see if he flicked out but either way he looks like a guy who spends half his game moaning and in the team for delivery only

Barr 2 - Getting worried about this lad - people say he lacks height but on tonight also lacks pace, positioning and strength

Bouzid 5 - Not as bad as Barr but needs to organise more

Ruben 6 - Didn't think he was that bad for a guy playing slightly out of position

Suso 9 - Hands up, not a fan last season but outstanding. Commitment, workrate and great close control. Plus no bookings for talking back (let him off with celebration)

Stevenson 6 - Got a nice touch and had a better second half but needs to impose more

Jonsson 6 - Solid enough, typical Eggy very steady player, cant decide his best position though. Central defence is so weak just now do we put him there to shore it up but then leave us short in centre mid.

Templeton 6 - Started very well then faded. Thought both there intial rb and sub rb looked poor and nervous, could have got at both more

Mroweic 5 - Didnt really notice him much

Kyle 8 - Poor first half partly due to poor service, heard him from the other end of the pitch though geeing up the team. His header will get lost in the defeat but what a finish. Plus 90 mins under the belt.

I was at Gretna when McGowan made his debut and thought he was excellent, not seen him since but he must be considered if he is continually in the squad. Most worrying is the lack of spine in the team. Attacking wise Im happy enough but we must sort the defense.

Can't believe this comment given our top scorer last season amassed 7 goals - but you are right!

Archived