Settle an argument.

Eckauskas

Currently engaged in an argument with a part time Celtic fan, who claims that our glorious leader said we'd be European champions in 3 years, though I'm certain that he said we'd be SPL Champions in three.

Anyone know where I can find his actual quote?

Currently engaged in an argument with a part time Celtic fan, who claims that our glorious leader said we'd be European champions in 3 years, though I'm certain that he said we'd be SPL Champions in three.

champions league winners within 5 years

I thought he said we would challenge for the European Cup in 5 years. Regardless of what his exact words were, they were stupid.

jamboinglasgow

I still reckon what he said is tounge-in-cheek, imagine the journalist asks Vlad what his aim for Hearts is, he has his usual odd sense of humour says "we will win the champions league in 5 years." Journalist doesn't have a sense of humour and thinks he is serious.

I still reckon what he said is tounge-in-cheek, imagine the journalist asks Vlad what his aim for Hearts is, he has his usual odd sense of humour says "we will win the champions league in 5 years." Journalist doesn't have a sense of humour and thinks he is serious.

i believed him.

I'm almost certain he said we'd be winning the SPL in 3 years and Europe in 15.

Hmmmmmm.

Was definitely Europe in 5, there was no way he meant it though IMO.

I'm sure he meant the SPL but I think he was winding up the press and others with the Europe chat.

Was definitely Europe in 5, there was no way he meant it though IMO.

I'm sure he meant the SPL but I think he was winding up the press and others with the Europe chat.

Wasn't these quotes before he found out how bent the SFA was? :whistling:

The problem with all of this is that, no matter what Romanov says and how ridiculous it might be, someone will try and bail him out later by claiming that - in fact - he wasn't talking out of his erse yet again but was "trying to be funny...". :ninja: I don't suppose Romanov gives a journalistic monkey's either way, but maybe if he actually talked sense now and again people could and would take him seriously...

(But then again, why should he care? :turned:)

jamboinglasgow

The problem with all of this is that, no matter what Romanov says and how ridiculous it might be, someone will try and bail him out later by claiming that - in fact - he wasn't talking out of his erse yet again but was "trying to be funny...". :ninja: I don't suppose Romanov gives a journalistic monkey's either way, but maybe if he actually talked sense now and again people could and would take him seriously...

(But then again, why should he care? :turned:)

You usually find his speeches make more sense if you look at it tounge-in-cheek. He has a very different sense of humour.

You usually find his speeches make more sense if you look at it tounge-in-cheek. He has a very different sense of humour.

Yes: he's certainly "different"...! :blink:;)

As everybody ahs said it was Europe in 5 years. Champions League no less! I was actually thinking about that the other day there.

The Sun said he said it. Never believed it and it just became part of the xenophobic attack on "Mad Vlad" by Hobos, Journos and GFA supporters. Could never understand why Jambos believed it. Having said that he said some prety amazing things so maybe the Hobos, Journos and GFA were right.

Guest GhostHunter

It was on a BBC documentary that he said it.

And, IIRC, it was said tongue in cheek.

He actually meant he's striving for Global Domination within 5 years.

You could maybe try Hibs.net:whistling: , if anyone would have it then surely it can be found there, as certain posters are totally obssessed with anything to do with Hearts .

This was the quote widely reported at the time.

?Our goal has to be champions of Europe. I want us to be at the stage where to do anything else, to come back without the trophy, would be shameful. I think we?re looking at three years.?

? Vladimir Romanov, October 15, 2005

Surely it is your mate who has to come up with proper evidence of what Vlad said, and where and when he said it.

As long as such a quote cannot be found, you're ahead in the argument.

It is no advantage to you to find the quote.

i believed him.

So did I...

Look at my avatar from his press conference in which he said "our aim is to be champions of Europe" and when pressed he said 5 years.

Surely it is your mate who has to come up with proper evidence of what Vlad said, and where and when he said it.

As long as such a quote cannot be found, you're ahead in the argument.

It is no advantage to you to find the quote.

Exactly. Part time 'Tic fan will be pissing himself at you scrambling around trying to prove him wrong.

tartofmidlothian

I always remembered it as him trying to explain the then-unknown players he was signing, thought he said something like "I could buy players for ?10m each and then Hearts would win the Champions League in five years, but why should I spend all of my money?" The press got wind of it and ran with it.

Willing to accept my memory's playing tricks, though.

Archived