We are gonna pump the wee team when it comes tae it

HMFC-1874

Depends who their manager is by the time the derby comes round I think. If they are to make a change I would rather they do it a couple of games in advance of playing us as you know what usually happens in the first game after a team get a new manager in.

The manager and the timing of any change will have an effect on the scale of any pumping.

Form means nothing in this sort of game, how many times have we gone into a derby on a pash run and pulled a great result out the bag. likewise we have gone into hibs games in excellent form and been beaten like at the start of 05/06. having said that its usually ours to loose and aslong as the lads dont get complacent or do anything daft its not out of the question to give them a proper hiding to christen their new shack

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hearts are soft touch FC. If Hibs don't win a home game before we visit then I'll be very concerned.

Jam Tarts 1874

Hearts are soft touch FC. If Hibs don't win a home game before we visit then I'll be very concerned.

Exactly, how many teams have broken their losing or non-scoring runs against us? I hope they get a win of some kind before we play them.

Frankenstein Jambo.

FFS, everyone knows form goes out the window for derbies.

We generally beat them regardless of how we are playing.

Yep.

Form counts for nothing in Derby matches. I have been there and seen it when we are playing well and vice versa and the team whose form isn't so great wins. Passion and pressure usually takes over.

This thread will be irrelevant to the final outcome of the result.

If you believe this to be a jinx then you probably also believe in santa, the tooth fairy and god.:thumbsup:

If you believe this to be a jinx then you probably also believe in santa, the tooth fairy and god.:thumbsup:

I'm glad you didn't include my favourite in that list, The Easter Bunny. :teehee:

Passion?

At hibs?

Nae chance. They don't know how to play as a team while we do.

Agreed form goes out the window but I can't see them doing anything against us because I don't think their players care that much.

The Mighty Thor

It's a bank holiday.

Technically it's a local Edinburgh holiday (basically cooncil workers) if you want to split hairs :thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

Technically it's a local Edinburgh holiday (basically cooncil workers) if you want to split hairs :thumbsup:

Traditionally it used to be Edinburgh vs Glasgow with both Hearts and Hibs playing the Old Firm. One fixture in Edinburgh the other in Glasgow

The Mighty Thor

Traditionally it used to be Edinburgh vs Glasgow with both Hearts and Hibs playing the Old Firm. One fixture in Edinburgh the other in Glasgow

And a large number of Edinburgh's industrial workers would be heading back from the traditional weekend in Blackpool as we speak!

Please delete this thread mods! If ever a comparisson with hibs was due it's this, they spout pish like this every time they play us. I prefer to be quietly confident and let them mouth off as it makes a win all the sweeter.

Very poor Hibs team and if they dont start winning they will end up being in a relagation battle.Think we will rattle 3 past them easily.

linkin- hearts

Ok a derby win is always nice but i'd rather see us beating the old infirm on a regular basis, as i think that would inspire more belief in the team.:thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Oh dear, Oh dear,

See here

Very well pointed out Davy, I hate threads like this!

On another note, Hibs won 9 out of their first 13 matches of that season according to the table, that has to be their best season since the 70's and yet they still finished outside the top 3 :thumbsup:

Oh dear. There's over a month to go til we go there.

On current form I'd be quietly confident but lots can change in 6 and a half weeks.

John Gentleman

I ****ing hate these threads. :down:

Lets save the childish gloating till we actually beat them.

Indeed, indeed.

Archived