Ref for Everton v Newcastle

Rudolf's Mate

Been a horrible start to the campaign for Everton. Really thought they would have kicked on today after the amazing comeback v United.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Been a horrible start to the campaign for Everton. Really thought they would have kicked on today after the amazing comeback v United.

Get the feeling the Moyes - Everton relationship is doomed and they are about to slip out of the top 10 in the next few years (probably for Birmingham or Newcastle).

Just don't spend enough money to maintain the sort of performances they have had recently.

Get the feeling the Moyes - Everton relationship is doomed and they are about to slip out of the top 10 in the next few years (probably for Birmingham or Newcastle).

Just don't spend enough money to maintain the sort of performances they have had recently.

They always seem to have a really poor start, then go on an amazing run and climb the league. Like you, I do wonder if this season could be a bridge too far.

Moyes has done a brilliant job at that club - you wonder (when he does leave them) what size of club his next would be.

Moyes does seem a lot more stressed than he usually is these days. There really is only so much he can do with the budget he gets given tbf to him.

Moyes does seem a lot more stressed than he usually is these days. There really is only so much he can do with the budget he gets given tbf to him.

He seemed pretty chilled out and honest in the post match interview.

I have a feeling he will be at Everton for a long time, until they get an owner with unrealistic expectations based on their small budget.

The ref will get punished for his handling of this game! And in Scotland they are worse and get away with murder!

The ref in the West Brom game wasn't much better let Lee Bowyer away with a shocking studs up tackle choosing to only book him. McLeish then whipped him off.

He seemed pretty chilled out and honest in the post match interview.

I have a feeling he will be at Everton for a long time, until they get an owner with unrealistic expectations based on their small budget.

Could just have been my interpretation.

I think you could be right, was thinking about who he could move to and never really thought that any teams bigger than Everton will take a gamble on him. Would imagine that if he was to leave it would be a sideways move.

Just my opinion mind, I've been known to be wrong before rolleyes.gif

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was strongly linked to Villa was he not?

Can't see him being happy with just (?) Beckford this summer. He'll have one eye on a big job and you don't get big jobs by finishing 8th/9th with Everton.

What's holding Everton back?

Kenwright, a stable owner but doesn't have the funds to improve the team. Their spending is lower than some Championship sides over the last couple of seasons. He also seems reluctant to sell the club, I'm not sure if that's emotional attachment or looking for the right buyer who'll take the club he loves to the next level.

The strikeforce is just pitiful. Other than Saha, it's completely devoid of quality, and he has some big injury problems. Yakubu is nothing like the player he was before that tendon injury. It's seriously worrying, and it doesn't look like he's ever going to get back to the form he had shown when he first came to the club. When West Ham were allegedly offering ?6m in the summer I was just thinking 'SELL SELL SELL'.

Beckford might come good, he might not. It wasn't a massive risk that's been taken on him, I think it might just be a bridge too far. We'll see how he does in time, and adapts to a different formation.

If you look more long-term, the issues around the stadium and the debt could only be solved by major investment. I fear that they'll sink into obscurity, spending season after season like a Bolton or a Blackburn.

The no penalty decision, and it definitely was, was abysmal. He had a clear view of it!

Another terrible blunder with Blackburn's goal! Diouff blatantly fouled Schwarzer! Earlier, Schwarzer's "save" outside the box, was blatant and in both cases the ref had a clear view!

Both referees have lost their EUFA cert but, have applied to the SFA and been accepted.

Hugh Dallas said,

"We are pleased to accept the applications as both have clearly demonstrated all the qualities needed for refereeing in Scotland! Plus, I understand that they have already accepted the "Alternative OF Rule Book!"

I never understand why people always get UEFA wrong. :blink:

I always thought it was a piss poor attempt at humour.

Although it could very well be that the poster is a complete dingus.

I always thought it was a piss poor attempt at humour.

Although it could very well be that the poster is a complete dingus.

:teehee:

I think Everton will be OK. I've been very surprised they've started so poorly - but, for example, they pummeled Villa a couple of weeks back, and were ridiculously unlucky to lose 1-0. It's just not clicking for them up front: as happens to many sides at times.

LP mentioned Kenwright and the stadium. Both are critical factors - and that a club as sensible as Everton are ?38m in debt and making a year on year loss says everything about the madness in the English game. As long as they've got Moyes, though, they'll be fine, and still top eight (or nine, if Newcastle's resurgence gathers pace); and as a long term replacement when Moyes finally moves on, I think Paul Lambert fits.

Archived