JKB shoutbox

Ulysses

Subscribed members will be aware that the JKB shoutbox was given a trial run today. It seemed popular, and we're thinking of opening it on a limited basis at different times during the week.

But we're interested to find out what members thought of it, so over to you.

Worked well. A definite plus for match days.

Much easier than the match day thread to voice a quick opinion.

:thumbsup:

Although a bit of pain having to scroll down to know which page I was on.

Not a fan either, but there is an option to hide it so I don't find it that annoying.

Just seems to be a load of random comments that don't relate to each other.

Not a fan but if there is a demand for it, then so be it .......... would be less obtrusive if moved to the bottom of the page though

I think it is great for match days. I'd have it on for an hour before the match, during the game and an hour after.

Also if there was any other big games it would be good to have on: e.g. Scotland international, World Cup, Champions League final etc.

I was going to suggest also on days when we sign someone/someone leaves but I'd be tempted just to leave it for matches.

You can hide it.

I hid it but any time I jumped between the shed and the terrace it appeared for a few seconds before hiding again.

It was as if it was reminding me that it was there.

Other than that it was ok. Neither good nor bad.

I liked it, I think it would only be effective on matchdays or when there is other football on, like Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday nights for European games and Saturday/Sunday afternoons.

The good thing about it on a matchday, you can see comments instantly and get updates on games where ever you are on the forum.

On a non-matchday, I don't think it will work because there wouldn't be a focus point and it would probably end up in members abusing and insulting others, random rumours popping up "ah just got a text" etc.

:thumbsup: from the Boof jury.

Hearts games only, then if it's not abused, maybe roll it out for other big games.

Some of the language in there today was appalling... :lol:

i liked it, but it was a little in the way.

would there be perhaps a way of making it like a pop up so its not actually intruding on the screen??

i would definitely keep it solely for matchdays though

a thumbs up from the Beverley jurythumbsup.gif

Don't like it. Can minimise it. If others like it then so be it.

i didnt like it. if other people enjoy it then keep it, but i'd like to be able to minimize it.

Not a fan but if there is a demand for it, then so be it .......... would be less obtrusive if moved to the bottom of the page though

Goes for me, too.

Agree with all the shouts for having it open during matches.

Seems the best time for it.

Maybe if there is a bit of 'breaking news' like a Banderson exlusive as well.

Thought it worked and served a purpose.

And was easy to minimise when I wanted to. :whistling:

This, and I would support the "Only on Match Days" and would add also, end of transfer windows/other 'events'!

I would like it only on matchdays, and, if possible, only on the Terrace/Shed main pages (i.e. if you go into a thread, you shouldn't have to scroll past the chatbox before getting to the content).

All in all though, a good feature in moderation.

It can be set to only show on the index page which is my preference

I'd go with this and as others have said, only on Hearts match-days for the moment.

If it is only on the index page, can there be a link somewhere inside the terrace etc, as my history always brings me straight to the terrace and I'd end up forgetting it was there.

Liked the Shoutbox, added a bit of amusement to those who couldnt attend the game.

Altho Bevs idea is a good one - can you link a button so once you click it, it opens into another window.

Would also add as not everyones stream was in Sync yesterday can be frustrating for those who are 5-10 seconds

behind in a game. Nothing worse than seeing GOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL when your stream is still on a goalkick.

Think it's perfect for the usual live match thread as there is no need to keep refreshing the page and at least then it relates to one topic. Otherwise if it's there all the time at least we have the option to minimise it. Great work again by the administrators, working hard to keep JKB relevant and the best on the web.

Guest GhostHunter

Liked the Shoutbox, added a bit of amusement to those who couldnt attend the game.

Altho Bevs idea is a good one - can you link a button so once you click it, it opens into another window.

Would also add as not everyones stream was in Sync yesterday can be frustrating for those who are 5-10 seconds

behind in a game. Nothing worse than seeing GOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL when your stream is still on a goalkick.

That happens on the match day thread tho, and is pretty much unavoidable I'm afraid....

John Gentleman

i liked it, but it was a little in the way.

would there be perhaps a way of making it like a pop up so its not actually intruding on the screen??

i would definitely keep it solely for matchdays though

a thumbs up from the Beverley jurythumbsup.gif

...and thumbs up to you Beverley. Excellent viewpoint.

Archived