JJ's subs today

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

JJ gets a lot of stick for his substitutions, but he got them bang on today, imo.

When Black went off injured, it woulda been easy to replace him with Mrowiec, but he brought on Kyle and dropped Stevo back a bit - totally changed the game, and Stevo improved, and chipped in with a goal.

Then, when it looked like Ruben might be on the verge of a second yellow, he withdrew him, brought on Mrowiec in centre-mid, and slotted Eggert in at LB.

Tremendous!

(not sure about Obua, though! :ninja: )

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Aye he got it spot on today. The logical sub would have been Mrowiec as you say but he realised Kyle could make an impact against as guff defence.

No surprise though and will hopefully shut some of his critics up for a while.

I think his starting formation was the wrong one and he rectified it with a great sub.

In defence of not starting Kyle, I think JJ was trying to keep KK fit and you can't fault him too much for that.

Cardiac Rucksack

Id have given McGowan a wee run out in midfield and given stevo a rest. But thats just being picky.

The Obua sub was a bit odd, I'd have played him on the left with Temps moving to the right, and kept Clum upfront.

Given our tendency to start lumping the ball from front to back in the last few minutes of a game, I'm guessing that he thought the Big O might help it stick?

Mrowiec has looked like a useful player to have in the squad so far.

He is great in the tackle, good work rate, aggressive, good in the air and is content to play an easy pass.

I met this guy who played Pro football in Poland for 10 years not so long ago and he told me that Mrowiec was about the most mental guy he'd ever met.

Said that he was completely off his rocker and has a rep for being a wild man in Poland.

I'm starting to warm to the guy. Whenever we need some strength and aggression to shore things up and see out a game, he more often than not does the trick.

Mrowiec has looked like a useful player to have in the squad so far.

He is great in the tackle, good work rate, aggressive, good in the air and is content to play an easy pass.

I met this guy who played Pro football in Poland for 10 years not so long ago and he told me that Mrowiec was about the most mental guy he'd ever met.

Said that he was completely off his rocker and has a rep for being a wild man in Poland.

I'm starting to warm to the guy. Whenever we need some strength and aggression to shore things up and see out a game, he more often than not does the trick.

I like chat like this. It's good to have some characters in the squad IMO. Lightens the air and these guys tend to look after the young lads, I'm thinking Kyle and Stevenson here plus Mrowiec.

Archived