Player ratings vs ICT

tcjambo

Kello - 7 Mr reliable again

Thomson - 5 We looked vulnerable down the flanks. Not his best game

Bouzid - 7 decent game. Had to leave his post to snuff out the danger on a few occasions.

Barr - 6 Still finding his feet

Ruben - 5 A real mixed bag. At sea at times but also some crucial interceptions

Temps - 9 Best player on the park

Black - 5 Little time

Jonsson - 5 Difficult game

Stevenson -6 First goal

Suso- 7 more effective in the second half

Elliot - 7 different player with Kyle on after an ineffective first period

Kyle- 7 game changer

Mrowiec- 4 Ok

Obua 2 - lttle time to make his mark

JJ -7 crucial substitution from Mr Grumpy

Brines -1 Standard display of incompetence

Thought Hayes and Odihambo looked quite good for them

Kello - 6

Thomson - 7

Bouzid - 7

Barr - 6

Ruben - 5

Temps - 8

Black - 4

Jonsson - 6

Stevenson - 6

Suso- 7

Elliot - 8

Kyle- 7

Mrowiec- 5

Obua - 3

Kello - 7

Thomson - 5

Bouzid - 8

Barr - 7

Ruben - 6

Temps - 8

Black - 4

Jonsson - 5

Stevenson - 6

Suso- 7

Elliot - 8

Kyle- 7

Mrowiec- 5

Obua - 3

Kello - 7

Thomson - 5

Bouzid - 8

Barr - 7

Ruben - 6

Temps - 8

Black - 4

Jonsson - 5

Stevenson - 6

Suso- 7

Elliot - 8

Kyle- 7

Mrowiec- 5

Obua - 3

Thought temps was excellent again and it is also clear Elliot can't play up front on his own. Played very well in the 2nd half with Kyle along side him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Kello - 8 - MoM

C Thomson - 6 - Reasonably solid after a shaky first half

Bouzid - 6 - Did what he had to

Jonsson - 7 - Far better in the second half

Barr - 6 - Gash first half, good second half

Palazuelos - 6 - Was awful till that goal line interception. Improved immensely after that

Suso - 7 - ICT didn't like him running at them

Black - 3 - Injury was a blessing in disguise

Elliot - 7 - Good work and deserved his goal

Stevenson - 7 - As per Elliot

Templeton - 8 - Best outfield player by a distance

Subs

Kyle - 7 - Changed the game

Mrowiec - 4 - Did ok

Obua - 2 - Couple of touches

I also thought Barr did really well today, some excellent last ditch tackles and blocks. Good day at the office, another goal for Elliot as well !

I also thought Barr did really well today, some excellent last ditch tackles and blocks. Good day at the office, another goal for Elliot as well !

While I agree with the statement in bold it would be nice if he thought ahead a little and read the game. Then everything wouldn't be so last ditch.

That said I think Barr and Bouzid did well today considering how poor the full backs were.

Kello - 7

Thomson - 6

Bouzid - 6

Barr - 6

Ruben - 5

Temps - 8

Jonsson - 6

Stevenson - 6

Suso- 7

Elliot - 7

Kyle- 7

Mrowiec- 5

Obua - 5

I'd give all of the defence a 6.

Each had decent individual performances but we clearly lacked proper organisation at the back and on another day ICT could have scored quite a few more.

Guess The Crowd

I'd give all of the defence a 6.

Each had decent individual performances but we clearly lacked proper organisation at the back and on another day ICT could have scored quite a few more.

I'd agree with that. Was saying to my mate at the game, that I can hardly remember the last time that Hearts were considerably better in the opposition's half than in their own (apart possibly from 05/06 when they were pretty good in both..

Kello 7 good performance again. Looks like he's growing in confidence every game.

C Thomson 5 not convincing.

Barr 7 needs time to gel with bouzid but better

Bouzid 7 good game (see Barr)

Pala 6 some good work in the middle but struggled at times. Simply never a left back

Suso 7 finding consistency. Looked dangerous

Black 4 just not good enough AGAIN

Jonsson 6 not great but needs a run in one position

Temps 8 man of the match. Never hid. Tricky, confident. Class apart.

Stevenson 6 glad he got the goal. Improved when pushed deeper into midfield

Elliot 7 not a lone striker. Much better when Kyle came on.

Kyle 7 changed shape of team. Good game

Mrowiec 7 best central midfielder

Obua 4 ok

JJ 7 great result after a tricky week. Delighted for him

Kello - 7 done a good job. fine.

Thomson - 6 not a right back but decent

Bouzid - 7 good in the air today

Barr - 7 some important challenges/blocks

Ruben - 4 holocaust at left back, disaster waiting to happen

Temps - 9 what a talent

Black - 2 the game turned in our favour without him in the team. not a coincidence.

Jonsson - 6 couldnt get involved but like him centre mid

Stevenson - 6 good to see him getting his first HMFC goal

Suso- 8 some nice runs and took as out of danger by running with ball

Elliot - 8 4 in 4 for callum, keep it up!

Kyle- 8 need him in the team every week, won his headers and created us chances, set up goals

Mrowiec- 5 not much time but kept ball well when he came on

Obua - 1 no time

Kello 7 - Reliable, with a couple of excellent saves. Developing into one of the best Keepers in the league.

Thomson 5 - For someone with excellent technique, he seems to miss place alot of his passes/crosses. Seems nervous but must be given time.

Bouzid 7- Competent and aerially commanding.

Barr 6 - Decent performance, but yet to inspire confidence.

Palazelous 4 - Struggled against Hayes and is not in harmony with the rest of the defense. Played Rooney onside which could have been costly.

Suso 7 - Lively but perhaps picked the wrong option until he set up Elliot.

Black 5 - Was tidy but game passed him by until he was replaced.

Jonsson 5 - Poor ball retention in 1st game back in midfield. Needs a run there.

Templeton 8 - Destroyed Proctor at will and gave a 90 minute performance. Deserved a goal.

Stevenson 6 - Looked more cumbersome and one paced than normal. Good finish.

Elliot 6 - Was poor until Kyle entered the fold. Nice finish but link up play was suspect at times.

Kyle 7 - Added another dimension and helped free up Elliot. Link up play has excellent.

Obua 3 - Not enough time to make any impact. Tried to keep possession.

Mriowec 5 - Steadied the ship with some composure.

Kello 7 - Very solid.

Thomson 5 - Very average.

Bouzid 6- Better, although he did go on walkabout a couple of times and is going to get done for penalties if he's not careful.

Barr 6 - Not too bad in his own slightly harem-scarem sort of way.

Palazelous 3 - All at sea.

Suso 7 - He never is going to lift his head all that much, is he? Decent shift though and a good assist for Elliot's goal.

Black 4 - Was a stick-on not to complete the 90 minutes - one way or another.

Jonsson 5 - Very untidy. Actually looked better at LB today.

Templeton 8 - Superb, but needs to improve end product.

Stevenson 6 - Good goal, otherwise anonymous.

Elliot 7 - Didn't get much support until Kyle came on. Came on leaps and bounds thereafter. Decent on the right as well.

Kyle 8 - Best we've seen from him. Held the ball well and brought others into play. Just pips Temps as my MOM.

Mrowiec 5 - Unshowy but steady, which is better than the other way round I suppose.

JJ 7 - Churlish to suggest Black's injury forced him to adopt the team and tactics we should have on from the start?

We_are_the_Hearts

Kello 7 - Very solid.

Thomson 5 - Very average.

Bouzid 6- Better, although he did go on walkabout a couple of times and is going to get done for penalties if he's not careful.

Barr 6 - Not too bad in his own slightly harem-scarem sort of way.

Palazelous 3 - All at sea.

Suso 7 - He never is going to lift his head all that much, is he? Decent shift though and a good assist for Elliot's goal.

Black 4 - Was a stick-on not to complete the 90 minutes - one way or another.

Jonsson 5 - Very untidy. Actually looked better at LB today.

Templeton 8 - Superb, but needs to improve end product.

Stevenson 6 - Good goal, otherwise anonymous.

Elliot 7 - Didn't get much support until Kyle came on. Came on leaps and bounds thereafter. Decent on the right as well.

Kyle 8 - Best we've seen from him. Held the ball well and brought others into play. Just pips Temps as my MOM.

Mrowiec 5 - Unshowy but steady, which is better than the other way round I suppose.

JJ 7 - Churlish to suggest Black's injury forced him to adopt the team and tactics we should have on from the start?

Agree with all of this, spot on!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

There's something endearing about the way Suso just puts his head down and charges at the opposition like a bull. It'll probably come off a quarter of the time - if that - but it's still a good thing.

Apart from scoring a goal Stevenson looked what he is,a first division player,having seen him about 4 or 5 times now I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

TBH the game was pretty dire,but Hearts were marginally better at trying to play the bloody game than caley were.

I never saw the game, can I ask if Kyle looked fitter or does he still look like he's dragging a few tyres?

He did to me. He changed the game. His flick ons and chest lay offs were superb. I said before he came he'd be an excellent signing and his attitude to being dropped was spot on. I'm sure he said after the game the squad had been given days off but he went in anyway to work on his fitness. Captain material imo

Kello 7 safe pair of hands

Thomson 6 Okay, still needs to improve.

Bouzid 7 Good game from him today

Barr 7 Best game in his best position

Ruben 5 At sixes and sevens

Jonsson 5 Poor today in his best position.

Black 4 Poor before going off

Templeton 7 Some good runs today, chose wrong option a couple of times, but i like to see him taking on and beating his man.

Suso 6 Decent game from him, unselfish cut back for Elliots goal

Stevenson 6 Good take for goal.

Elliot 6 Poor on his own, good running for second goal and good take for his own goal

Kyle 7 Made a huge difference

Mroweic 6 Got stuck in and found his man with the ball

Obua 1 No time

There's something endearing about the way Suso just puts his head down and charges at the opposition like a bull. It'll probably come off a quarter of the time - if that - but it's still a good thing.

Agreed.

No way can people award JJ a 7 -- this was a more by luck than judgement victory.

The substition was forced upon him as was the subsequent change in formation -- that was the reason for the victory and remember it was JJ who dropped Kyle in the first place -- JJ should have recognised that, like us, Caley had injury problems at the back and played 2 up front from the start but he was scarred by last weeks showing and went safety first.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

In this league we should be confident enough to go to at least 6 or 7 away grounds and think positive knowing if we play well we will win -- sometimes a negative attitude leads to encouragement for the opposition.

Hearts of Vladland

No way can people award JJ a 7 -- this was a more by luck than judgement victory.

The substition was forced upon him as was the subsequent change in formation -- that was the reason for the victory and remember it was JJ who dropped Kyle in the first place -- JJ should have recognised that, like us, Caley had injury problems at the back and played 2 up front from the start but he was scarred by last weeks showing and went safety first.

In this league we should be confident enough to go to at least 6 or 7 away grounds and think positive knowing if we play well we will win -- sometimes a negative attitude leads to encouragement for the opposition.

Ian Black, a midfielder got injured he was replaced by a striker would itnot have been easier to replace him with another midfielder like say Mrowiec?

Ian Black, a midfielder got injured he was replaced by a striker would itnot have been easier to replace him with another midfielder like say Mrowiec?

Exactly. Realised the shape of the side wasn't working and made the right change which then turned the game.

Could easily be argued we should have started with Kyle but jj made the right call in the end.

Scoring 3 goals away from home? Rarer than hens teeth last season. Well done Jim jefferies

Kello 7

C Thomson 7

Barr 6

Bouzid 7

Palazuelos 5

Suso 7

Jonsson 6

Black 6

Templeton 8

Stevenson 7

Elliot 8

Kyle 8

Mrowiec 7

Obua 5

ICT weren't all that bad and Tokely, Ross, Cox, Hayes and Odihambo all deserve pass marks for them.

Kello 8 Great game

CT 6

Bouzid 7

Barr 6

Pally 6

Suso 7

Black 4

Jonsson 6

Temps 9

Stevenson 7

C.Elliot 7

subs:

Kyle 8

Mrowiec 6 1/2

Obua 1/2 Am still very scared when I see this guy playing.

Kello 8 Great game

CT 6

Bouzid 7

Barr 6

Pally 6

Suso 7

Black 4

Jonsson 6

Temps 9

Stevenson 7

C.Elliot 7

subs:

Kyle 8

Mrowiec 6 1/2

Obua 1/2 Am still very scared when I see this guy playing.

JJ 5 He always gives every team way to much repect. 1 up front against ICT. Hopefully he can see that we need to go into every game with little respect for an opponent. Wheather this is Celtic, Rangers or Hibs or East Fife, penicook and edinburgh city

ToadKiller Dog

Kello - 7 a top keeper ,excellent punch out and some resonable sweeper type play

Thomson - 5 not his best

Bouzid - 7 good performance

Barr - 7 much better needs to take command of the back line as he was a capt at Failkirk

Ruben - 5 stuck to his task even if he is clearly not a left back or nearly one a good few errors because of that,controlled himself after booking in a bigger game the ref would have found a 2nd yellow .

Temps - 8 MOM loads of running a wee bit more needed at the final pass at times but looking better every time

Black - 4 unlucky to get injured but to be honest did not show that much

Jonsson - 5 an out of sorts look about him hope he gets to settle in one position for a while

Stevenson - 6 doesnt work for me him playing behind Elliot better when moved back ,got his goal well done for that

Suso- 7 a good game today more so in the second half ,better player when he cuts out the Drama but then he wouldnt be Suso

Elliot - 8 put in a shift and got his goal rewritting himself so far this year

Kyle- 7 made the difference barking orders on the pitch and causing bother

Mrowiec- 5 a decent start looked to make passes

Obua - 3 no real time but put in a effort while on

Overall a good win if not a great performance against a Stuffy Caley who have 2 or 3 players of a decent standard .

I think Caley will keep taking the odd points off better sides above them , We should be happy but lots of work still needed .

Maybe if Kyle hadn't been dropped he'd have been as rank as las week?

So maybe good tactics, JJ did say intention was always to bring KK on?

Well played JJ

Archived