The Passage - Justin Cronin

londonjambo

I read this post apocalyptic neo-Vampire morality tale on holiday and thought it was very very good though with a very depressing final few words

Anyone else read it ? What did you make of it ?

GC

Read it a couple of months ago, very well written, particularly for a genre book. It's like two books really, but the end did leave some fairly big questions, after journeying with these people for 800 pages to only have a glimpse of what becomes/became of them is hard.

Although I love sci-fi I don't often enjoy sci-fi novels (Cory Doctorow would be the exception), but this really captured me. Best book I've read this year, and actually for several years.

Read it a couple of months ago, very well written, particularly for a genre book. It's like two books really, but the end did leave some fairly big questions, after journeying with these people for 800 pages to only have a glimpse of what becomes/became of them is hard.

Although I love sci-fi I don't often enjoy sci-fi novels (Cory Doctorow would be the exception), but this really captured me. Best book I've read this year, and actually for several years.

Yes in some ways its good to know that it is the first of a trilogy as this way, we may get to know what happens although as mentioned in my OP, the final two or three words of the book give a pretty large hint.

Thought it was very well written and it was one of those books that once you have finished it, you miss reading it.

GC

Archived