Noxious substance released in pub

RosscoC

Last Updated: Saturday, 15 March 2008, 09:58 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Noxious substance released in pub

Two women were treated for breathing difficulties after a "noxious substance" was released in a pub.

Police said a number of people in the Callendar Arms in Falkirk reported feeling unwell and emergency services were alerted at about 0040 GMT.

Seven people were treated for itchiness to their eyes and respiratory problems. Two women, aged 23 and 25, were treated in hospital but later released.

The premises were ventilated and decontaminated.

They will be subject to a forensic examination and are expected to open for business later.

Police said the substance was "unknown" at present.

A Central Scotland Police spokesman said: "This was clearly a very serious and concerning incident which resulted in a significant number of people falling unwell."

This isnae the first time this has happened. If anybody has had to stand next to the old boys after they've had a couple of pints of Heavy in the Diggers they'll know what I'm saying.

duckandcover
This isnae the first time this has happened. If anybody has had to stand next to the old boys after they've had a couple of pints of Heavy in the Diggers they'll know what I'm saying.

I remember not so long ao being in a boozer that was attacked with CS Spray by mindless followers of Hibernian. A very unpleasant experiance.

I remember not so long ao being in a boozer that was attacked with CS Spray by mindless followers of Hibernian. A very unpleasant experiance.

Is there any other kind ?

Le chat, i've never seen a thread where you don't slag hibs or the vermn.:P

I just don't like Hibs very much.

:fing25:

Commander Harris

I find Deuchars IPA to be the worst for this!

Belhaven Best doesn't agree with my constitution.

Ben Elton;

You can always tell when guys have given up, they get into real ale. Lager's not good enough, it's not real, it's got be real ale, preferably with the fingernails and foreskin of the brewer in to give it body.

You might not get the women, but you do some cracking farts.

Commander Harris
Belhaven Best doesn't agree with my constitution.

Ben Elton;

You can always tell when guys have given up, they get into real ale. Lager's not good enough, it's not real, it's got be real ale, preferably with the fingernails and foreskin of the brewer in to give it body.

You might not get the women, but you do some cracking farts.

I gave up when I was 18 then! :eek:

(probably before)

Archived