What Type Of Dog Do You Have?

sumo108

After the devil dog thred. I was wondering what dogs people have? ANd what type of temperment said dog has.

I have a Staffie cross Boxer. She barks like mad when someone comes to the house but is a big softie when somebody walks in tail wagging and jumping. Soft as sHit but twice as nasty lool.

We've always had black Labradors. Our last one, Paddy, was the softest, most laid-back dog you could ever hope to meet - not a bad bone in his body. His successor, Sid, is also very laid-back - virtually never barks - and thinks the entire world should be his friend - unless you are a rabbit, pheasant, deer, etc, which he will happily chase until the cows come home. Gamekeeper-bred, he doesn't mind gunshot noises, bird-scarers, etc, but becomes a nervous wreck when it comes to firework time.

CavySlaveJambo

I had a westie who died in January.

He was 11.

Still have another westie with my dad. He's 12. And thinks he's a Puppy.

Say What Again

He was 11.

ARRGGHHH KILL THE DEVIL DOGS!!

Devil-Dog.jpg

I had a Westie myself years ago - which had to be put down at only 1 year old :(

He was 11.

Labs tend to be a bit like that too - still remain puppies at heart!

Mum and dad have a border terrier. Very soft and laid back until someone comes in, always dying to meet them and get attention. Not a nasty bone in her body.

Likes to chase rabbits, hedgehogs, cats and pigeons though. Barks at other dogs until they come up to her when she cowers behind the nearest person :lol:

I'm convinced if a burglar broke into the house she would go up and greet them and expect a clap.

After the devil dog thred. I was wondering what dogs people have? ANd what type of temperment said dog has.

I have a Staffie cross Boxer. She barks like mad when someone comes to the house but is a big softie when somebody walks in tail wagging and jumping. Soft as sHit but twice as nasty lool.

Annoying person has annoying dog shocker !!!!ohmy.gif

The People's Chimp

Fairly gutted that my girlfriend can't stand dogs. She's really scared of them, even tiny wee yappy things. Meanwhile I'd always planned to get a dog. I sense a major debate on this issue at some point relatively soon.

Annoying person has annoying dog shocker !!!!ohmy.gif

I am so glad i annoy you. All you are is an annoying parasite who slags people off on a chat forum. Do you have a dog by any chance?

I own a Devil Dog type post IMO!! Why the Fek would anyone want a Staffie or a Boxer? Worse still one that's a mix of both!?

I have a Westie, i bought it for the wife's 30th Birthday 7 years ago...Or as she'll say 2 years ago!! It's a great natured dog, only barks when someone comes to the door or when Cats come into the garden...Never actually does anything to the Cat, Just runs up and barks. All the cats in the area know this now and don't give a **** anymore...Useless Pot Licker of a Dug! dry.gif

Kalamazoo Jambo

We have a 70 pound dog who (we think) is a beagle lab mix. When my wife adopted him as a puppy, she was told he was a beagle jack russell mix who would max out at about 30 pounds. Whoops. Unfortunately he thinks he's a lapdog :unsure:

Just a big, whiny softy, really (the dog, that is).

codylowres.png

Say What Again
Never actually does anything to the Cat, Just runs up and barks. All the cats in the area know this now and don't give a **** anymore...Useless Pot Licker of a Dug! dry.gif

:lol:

I own a Devil Dog type post IMO!! Why the Fek would anyone want a Staffie or a Boxer? Worse still one that's a mix of both!?

I have a Westie, i bought it for the wife's 30th Birthday 7 years ago...Or as she'll say 2 years ago!! It's a great natured dog, only barks when someone comes to the door or when Cats come into the garden...Never actually does anything to the Cat, Just runs up and barks. All the cats in the area know this now and don't give a **** anymore...Useless Pot Licker of a Dug! dry.gif

Mate she is soft as anything. She loves my 18 month old. Her bark is the worst then her bite. She wouls lick you to death more then anythin.

The People's Chimp

We have a 70 pound dog who (we think) is a beagle lab mix. When my wife adopted him as a puppy, she was told he was a beagle jack russell mix who would max out at about 30 pounds. Whoops. Unfortunately he thinks he's a lapdog :unsure:

codylowres.png

That's a seriously nice looking dog. :thumbsup:

codylowres.png

You can tell that it's a softy with that face :)

A bit gutted I can't get a dog of my own actually. Useless landlords not letting you keep dogs in their flats :angry:

Ive got a brown and white border collie who would have a square go with a rottweiler or alsation but is scared of cats. :(

The wee fella on the left is fairly well known in Gorgie, barks at motorbikes. Gets up close to one, he doesn't know whether to bite it, kick it, or pee on it. As long as I walk him, feed him and pick up his s**t, he allows me to live with him.

He's not the brightest, for a Westie, but read aforesaid terms and conditions of his ownership of me.... :whistling:

jt

I got a Shih Tzu (7 year old) named Jambo

& a Westie (4 year old) named Lolo (was going to call her lothian) but settled for Lolo

Mate she is soft as anything. She loves my 18 month old. Her bark is the worst then her bite. She wouls lick you to death more then anythin.

OMG !!

it's been allowed to breed ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

codylowres.png

I would love to kiss your dog.

Anyone else sick of these type of posts?

"MY DOG IS A BIG SOFTIE, HE LOVES KIDS, PICKS FLOWERS AND WRITES DOG POEMS"

crazy-dog-8299.jpeg

Anyone else sick of these type of posts?

"MY DOG IS A BIG SOFTIE, HE LOVES KIDS, PICKS FLOWERS AND WRITES DOG POEMS"

crazy-dog-8299.jpeg

"just stood in dog shit" type post IMO biggrin.gif

But you're right yucky.gif

Sterling Archer

You can tell that it's a softy with that face :)

A bit gutted I can't get a dog of my own actually. Useless landlords not letting you keep dogs in their flats :angry:

Don't let them stop you. whistling.gif

Got an 8 year old black lab b!tch.

Had to leave her down with my mum when I went to uni.

She is the runt of the litter and is only about 2/3 of the size of an average female lab.

People ask 'how old is your puppy?' when I have her out.....they get a bit of a shock when you tell them how old she is.

Wish I could have her up here as I miss the walks more than anything to be honest - always feel a bit like a d!ck when I go out walking on my tod - having a dog gives you an excuse to get out a couple of times a day!

Third black lab we have had but the first female, you definitely notice the different tempraments between dogs and b!tches.

I've got a 2 year old Patterdale Terrier and he's a cracking dog. Great hunter off lead and good with people indoors.

This isn't him, but it's the closest I can find online.

20020605221148_172152_2.jpg

DSC00386.JPG

theeye.jpg

we had 2 Yorkshire terrier's one of whom had to be put down 5 weeks ago, he was 12 years old, the other dog was fretting, they had been together since they were pups, so after a discussion we now have a Lhasa Apso, who has cheered us all again as well as her new friend the yorkie

Jambof3tornado

Chocolate Lab called Taz,or Standhill Castle Townsend if its a sunday. Brilliant dog,fetches the post from the door mat etc. Only barks when walking at night if people are near and we like it that way!

Chocolate Lab called Taz,or Standhill Castle Townsend if its a sunday. Brilliant dog,fetches the post from the door mat etc. Only barks when walking at night if people are near and we like it that way!

Do you walk it out Glenochil way with the hearts training gear on? :ninja:

Two retired greyhounds (a dog and a bitch) both 5, both great with people and big dogs, unsure of wee dogs and think cats are the hare they used to chase so would probably pull it apart.

Really easy pets as they are lazy (like me) and don't need much exercise(like me). Unlike me, they are pleasant creatures who like people.

We've got Tess - a lurcher. Border collie(3/4) x greyhound (1/4).

Getting on a bit and missing her big bro Blue who had to be put down in June.

Doesn't really do very much interesting but loves the beach near our house.

Had a white boxer for ten years until she developed a brain tumour last year. She started having fits and eventually we had to put her down. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Both my wife and I were in tears and I still feel the pain to the extent that I don't wish to go through that again.

We will get another dog, probably a boxer, but the gap they leave when they go is ................. huge.

North Berwick Jambo

I have a 5 year old german shepherd female called zara, i find it funny the amount of people who cross the road to aviod walking past her yet she is soft as hell & much more likely to lick you to death!

Jambof3tornado

Do you walk it out Glenochil way with the hearts training gear on? :ninja:

Aye,and frequently round gartmorn dam and on the bridleway/cycle path from kincardine to dunfy!

Have a Springer Spaniel, the breeder told us that the males are " head strong", the fella was'nt wrong. Nice dog but I don't trust it.

Currently two German Shepherds, an English Springer Spaniel and a black Labrador. The old GS barks on command and looks mean when the word Hibees is mentioned, she hates them.

We've got a miniature schnauzer. She's 4 and currently lying upside down on the chair snoring.

She's a great wee dog. :thumbsup:

Khan a sable GSD and is 18 months old. Loves everyone and I'm more likely to run after you and bite you.

I suppose you'd need to know me to know how difficult that would be.

Aye,and frequently round gartmorn dam and on the bridleway/cycle path from kincardine to dunfy!

I think I know who you are then. In a non stalking kinda way :unsure: I'm up the dam most nights with the dog.

i have a Doberman,second one i have had. when i got the first i was quite hesitant but found them to be intelligent dogs with a massive daft streak who are great with kids

my current one is still under 2 years and a big mad pup,but he sits and watches my sisters kids,just sitting with them the whole time

still evrybody craps themselves when they see him running about but he is a big softie p134001210609.jpg

Archived