Falkirk 6 Hearts 0

Colonel Kurtz

I remember the Aberdeen match - some scarves ended up on the pitch in front of the shed. I was just shell-shocked, didn't see that result coming at all.

If I recall correctly, Eoin Jess gave one of the best individual performances I have seen against Hearts that day, on a par with Kevin McCallister for Falkirk in the 1998 Scottish Cup semi final.

If I recall correctly, Eoin Jess gave one of the best individual performances I have seen against Hearts that day, on a par with Kevin McCallister for Falkirk in the 1998 Scottish Cup semi final.

He sure did, Martin.

If I also remember right, he made a **** you gesture to the shed after scoring.

Some player on his day - never done it often enough though,

Drylaw Hearts

He ran absolute riot that day.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Why don't you name them then?

I would imagine it would be the players that played in the 1986 team. I know Jordan and Connor tried to sell Robbo - one of the management didn't like him and the other didn't like Crabbe (who they sold to Dundee U). I think it was about then that Smith, Levein, Mackay & Robbo went to Mercer & got Jordan sacked.

He ran absolute riot that day.

First goal is a peach. But we never learned to track their runners from deep midfield all day. Quite painful to be reminded how easily we were cut open in the middle.

Wasn't sure that Hearts players would chuck a game, but after seeing that useless prick Brian Rice waltz past our defence and score i am now more than convinced that we never tried a leg.

ps can we stop posting videos of Hearts getting a pasting.

You're getting two different games mixed up. Samuel would've been about twelve years old when the Hearts players disgraced the jersey. Personally, becasue it was a meaningless game, I headed off to Fir Park with a car load from the Pans Club and saw the reserves clinch their title.

a couple of mates and i went to motherwell that day too. glad we weren`t at falkirk!!

like others have posted the story i heard most was about hogg refusing to play for jordan.

I would imagine it would be the players that played in the 1986 team. I know Jordan and Connor tried to sell Robbo - one of the management didn't like him and the other didn't like Crabbe (who they sold to Dundee U). I think it was about then that Smith, Levein, Mackay & Robbo went to Mercer & got Jordan sacked.

So if I've got this right, the OP is suggesting that Robbo, Levein, Mackay & Smith are a disgrace to the jersey of Heart of Midlothian?

Nurse!

Nurse3_tnb.png

andfultons baggio

I think he is thinking of the 4-0 Scottish Cup defeat - we were ripped apart that day by Samuels speed.

Was that Craig Gordon's debut? remember standing in the pishing rain in a windy open away end three down after about 20 mins.

I think I remember Jordan asking Gaeme Hogg (sub) to get stripped that day in the last 10 mins or there about.

Hogg told him to ###### off!

i remember that. it must be one of the most miserable games i've had the displeasure to be at. to think i spent ?3 of my paper round money (and two quid on the bus) going to watch it still turns my stomach.

a bloke on my supporters bus witnessed the Jordan/Hogg exchange. can't say i can blame Hogg for it!

Was that Craig Gordon's debut? remember standing in the pishing rain in a windy open away end three down after about 20 mins.

I think Gordon's debut came in a 1-1 draw at Livingston earlier that season

Did the Hearts player's chuck it? Let's put it this way I was working in London that year and didn't get too many games and I was getting phone calls from mates telling me different rumors from training ground bust ups, slagging matches and it was obvious Mercer was fed up with Jordan who was after more funds for players (sound familiar?). The day after the game I phoned 3 mates (who were not in the same group) and every one said Hearts chucked it. Anyway, I've met a Hearts player who played that day and when I asked him about it I was given a knowing look, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to get what he was thinking. Disgraceful, yes. It happens though even last year you could see the Hull players weren't playing for Phil Brown. The club may mean everything to fans, it's the gravy train to most players.

Colonel Kurtz

Did the Hearts player's chuck it? Let's put it this way I was working in London that year and didn't get too many games and I was getting phone calls from mates telling me different rumors from training ground bust ups, slagging matches and it was obvious Mercer was fed up with Jordan who was after more funds for players (sound familiar?). The day after the game I phoned 3 mates (who were not in the same group) and every one said Hearts chucked it. Anyway, I've met a Hearts player who played that day and when I asked him about it I was given a knowing look, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to get what he was thinking. Disgraceful, yes. It happens though even last year you could see the Hull players weren't playing for Phil Brown. The club may mean everything to fans, it's the gravy train to most players.

You are correct

I repeat my original point ,could you imaginge John Cumming , Donald Ford or Neil Berry participating.

I wouldnt have liked to be the player who even approached dave Mackay with the suggestion.

There is also the betting implication if this was pre conceived,and not kept totally secret

Charlie-Brown

You are correct

I repeat my original point ,could you imaginge John Cumming , Donald Ford or Neil Berry participating.

I wouldnt have liked to be the player who even approached dave Mackay with the suggestion.

There is also the betting implication if this was pre conceived,and not kept totally secret

Neil Berry wore no.10 for Hearts at Brockville in this game CK.

Ah you noticed a point I was trying to make

So Robbo, Levein, Smith & Mackay were a "disgrace to the jersey" but Neil Berry wasn't because he's your source for all of this guff? Makes a change from Jamie Goal I suppose.

I can just see Berry saying..."Aye Colonel, they aw chucked it but ah didnae cos am like Dave Mackay & John Cumming".

Sheesh.

Edited by Genghis Khan

Colonel Kurtz

So Robbo, Levein, Smith & Mackay were a "disgrace to the jersey" but Neil Berry wasn't because he's your source for all of this guff? Makes a change from Jamie Goal I suppose.

I can just see Berry saying..."Aye Colonel, they aw chucked it but ah didnae cos am like Dave Mackay & John Cumming".

Sheesh.

Unlike you I was at the match being discussed.

In your haste to get a pat on the heid from the big boys you have missed the point.

You must get through a lot of mouthwash when they let you go to a night oot,or do you swallow

winston churchill

I don't think Neil Berry ever threw a much on purpose.

Although given some of his performances it was hard to tell.

he was never the same player after he de- tashed.

a bit like samson after he had a number 1

• 9 years later...
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

What I witnessed today and the shit we are in reminded me of this game.

i disagree, the players had a real go in the first half and didn't score. Brockville was a blatant lie down on the part of the players to get the manager sacked.

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

What I witnessed today and the shit we are in reminded me of this game.

I was thinking Falkirk 2-0 in (95/6 season?) when Rousset made his debut and we went bottom of the league. Difference being, at least JJ was splashing the cash.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, annushorribilis III said:

I was thinking Falkirk 2-0 in (95/6 season?) when Rousset made his debut and we went bottom of the league. Difference being, at least JJ was splashing the cash.

Yes sorry your right that's the game i meant. 

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

No transfer window in these days. 

On 02/09/2010 at 20:04, chimpos said:

Wasn't sure that Hearts players would chuck a game, but after seeing that useless prick Brian Rice waltz past our defence and score i am now more than convinced that we never tried a leg.

ps can we stop posting videos of Hearts getting a pasting.

Exactly? Things are bad enough 🙈🙈🙈🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Brand new timberland jacket on that day  and some fud put a fag burn hole in it a was feking raging lol

Edited by andi17