William Hague / "we Occasionally Shared Hotel Rooms" (Merged Threads)

Deek

Ooh La La, Nelson and Lady Hamilton, had a heterosexual affair 200 years ago and nobody cared.

Shaun this is 2010, so why hide if you are gay or Bi sexual? Are you saying that nothing has changed since then.

I could give you a list of openly gay MPs and other prominent members of society and nobody would give a hoot. Even a wife beating Stella drinking alcoholic probably wouldn't care.

So if a Tory front bencher was gay or Bi sexual why doesn't he just come out and say? Probably because he would lose his job, wife, some friends and influence. Instead he may, have lied, as it is the Tories who are living in the past.

The Lib Dems are full of gays and nobody cares. Simon Hughes is a prime example. Their most vote-able MP!!

Hmm. Hughes is a rank hypocrite, who was complicit in a homophpobic election campaign against Peter Tatchell over 2 decades ago, and that probably swung the seat for Hughes.

Hughes of course only came out as being gay or bisexual himself in very recent times.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already explained why. How do you know that if he is gay, William Hague's family would be OK with it? I've also pointed out the many, many areas in which our oh so tolerant public actually aren't tolerant at all.

And when you have a society notorious even now for being sexually repressed, it stands to reason that homosexual members of it are often even more repressed. If he's gay, maybe it's simply that Hague himself can't come to terms with it; it's very obvious that applied in David Laws' case too.

Shaun, I work beside many gay people, they are not treated differently from anybody else. As Big D has suggested.on this side of the border nobody really cares.

But the question is why do some MP's who are possibly gay! and caught with their breeks down feel the need to deny same. Then rabbit on about their wife and miscarriages to bolster his defence. I must re iterate the possibly gay aspect,to appease you.

I have to admit though, that I have told lies in the past, for nefarious reasons. :whistling:

I'm not homophobic so I agree with you Shaun.

On the other hand, I hate hypocrisy. William Hague may well have travelled a journey of enlightenment in reappriasing his former views. It may be a genuine journey or it may be a convenient journey. But as leader in 2001 he opposed same-sex civil partnerships.

So when politicians pontificate on social mores and personal relationships, they better be 100% honest about what may be hiding in their own closet. Hague may or may not be in that closet and questions will be raised now about his honesty and integrity.

I find his aides resignation mysterious - and entirely unjustified if theres nothing to hide. If it now transpires that his aide is gay (and the media will be hunting deeply for former boyfriends and/or girlfriends) then William is in deep personal doo-doo.

I completely disagree with anyone opposing same sex civil partnerships. But if Hague was gay, how would his opposing them in 2001 constitute "hypocrisy"?

You can be gay, and simultaneously oppose same sex civil partnerships. It'd be an odd view; but hypocritical? 'Fraid not.

Hmm. Hughes is a rank hypocrite, who was complicit in a homophpobic election campaign against Peter Tatchell over 2 decades ago, and that probably swung the seat for Hughes.

Tatchell is a man I admire, due to his convictions and willingness to put himself in the front line to highlight issues he is concerned about.

You can be gay, and simultaneously oppose same sex civil partnerships. It'd be an odd view; but hypocritical? 'Fraid not.

Shaun that just doesn't make sense. :mellow:

Geoff Kilpatrick

The tabloids will be smelling blood. If Hague is being economical with the truth and something else comes out, he is finished!

Shaun, I work beside many gay people, they are not treated differently from anybody else. As Big D has suggested.on this side of the border nobody really cares.

But the question is why do some MP's who are possibly gay! and caught with their breeks down feel the need to deny same. Then rabbit on about their wife and miscarriages to bolster his defence. I must re iterate the possibly gay aspect,to appease you.

I have to admit though, that I have told lies in the past, for nefarious reasons. :whistling:

Including parents, in all cases? Are you being serious?

I have two gay sisters. My father's relaxed about that, and my parents are very liberal in general. But he's already acknowledged that if either myself or my brother was gay, he wouldn't be anywhere near as relaxed. And that's just one example: one basically liberal man in a nation of 60 million, many of whom are far less liberal.

And as for "nobody really caring"...

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/7409/Homophobic-attack-victim-helps-launch.6112152.jp

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/scotland/at_home/2798.asp

:rolleyes:

Shaun that just doesn't make sense. :mellow:

Sure it does. Someone can also be straight and oppose marriage if they wish. That wouldn't be hypocritical either.

If you are seriously suggesting that Scots are, by some miracle of geography, less homophobic than their English counterparts, or that there are no homophobic SNP voters anywhere, I think you've finally entered the realms of self-parody, D. :thumbsup:

Come on Shaun, we've been repelling jobby-jabbers at the border for 2000 years FACT ! So much so that the Romans had to erect a wall across the country so they could keep at it uninterrupted and out of sight in England-shire. Then Robert the Bruce smudged Edwards makeup at Bannockburn :thumbsup:

Even the bananas up here are straight FFS :whistling:

Tatchell is a man I admire, due to his convictions and willingness to put himself in the front line to highlight issues he is concerned about.

Ditto. My respect has grown for him over the years.

I should have put "Oo-er" on the end of the sentence above, but I mean it. He's fearless.

One thing to add - Horatio Nelson regularly stuck it right up Pierre and Juan in them good old days, so can take a bag off with whomever he ruddy well pleases. :thumbsup:

William Hague did give me a baseball cap with his name on it (and "a fresh future" on the back) once though; nice guy, if a little too leaning in a certain direction for my taste. And no, I'm not talking about that direction...

One thing to add - Horatio Nelson regularly stuck it right up Pierre and Juan in them good old days, so can take a bag off with whomever he ruddy well pleases. :thumbsup:

William Hague did give me a baseball cap with his name on it (and "a fresh future" on the back) once though; nice guy, if a little too leaning in a certain direction for my taste. And no, I'm not talking about that direction...

Clearly, that's just the kinda guy he is, Thommo. :thumbsup:

Regardless, not the best picture to portray 2 macho guys out for a stroll was it :lol:

article-1307900-0AE0634D000005DC-159_468x546.jpg

:rofl:

If you are seriously suggesting that Scots are, by some miracle of geography, less homophobic than their English counterparts, or that there are no homophobic SNP voters anywhere, I think you've finally entered the realms of self-parody, D. :thumbsup:

I used the word intelligent to distinguish Scots from Unionists. I trust this clarifies.

Shaun , the coallition is going through sex and marital scandals at an amazing rate. All this in the last 3 months !

Chief Secretary to the Treasury, David Laws ,resigns after a campaign to out him

Prisons Minister, Crispin Blunt ,seperates from wife and announces he is gay

Secretary of State for Energy, Chris Huhne, dumps his wife to be with bi-sexual Carina Trimingham (who dumped her own civil partner)

Foreign Secretary, William Hague, and advisor Christopher Myers in possibly some hot hotel action

Shaun , the coallition is going through sex and marital scandals at an amazing rate. All this in the last 3 months !

Chief Secretary to the Treasury, David Laws ,resigns after a campaign to out him

Prisons Minister, Crispin Blunt ,seperates from wife and announces he is gay

Secretary of State for Energy, Chris Huhne, dumps his wife to be with bi-sexual Carina Trimingham (who dumped her own civil partner)

Foreign Secretary, William Hague, and advisor Christopher Myers in possibly some hot hotel action

I know. :) But it also depends on what we consider a scandal. The Blunt and Huhne ones are totally 'meh' if you ask me; the other two more interesting.

jambos are go!

I dont care but it beggars belief that a prominent politician like Hague with a high profile marriage stood at hotel desks up and down the country and booked into a hotel room with another man and not think that tongues will wag.

I know. :) But it also depends on what we consider a scandal. The Blunt and Huhne ones are totally 'meh' if you ask me; the other two more interesting.

Is it ok to villify Charles Charles for being a ginger scottish pisshead, hard working family abandoning, labour sympathiser?

Hauge was the only man to better B(lair)when he was at his most popular and is a Politician that I have a wee bit time for. He's still a cory tunt but. If he is gay or not does not mater to me but, if he's gay and hidden it by putting down other gays, then that's politics. That's what they do.

Thats a very camp walk that young Chris has got there.

Myself, I walk like John Wayne.

John Wayne walked like that because he sat on horses all day, your excuse? :whistling:

jambos are go!

I dont care but it beggars belief that a prominent politician like Hague with a high profile marriage stood at hotel desks up and down the country and booked into a hotel room with another man and not think that tongues will wag.

And can I add with a man half his age whose job it is to keep him out political trouble!!

Jam Tarts 1874

I assumed that Haugue would be hoping that there would be some wagging of tongues - preferrably Christopher Myers' tongue around his ring!

All William "14 pints" Hague was doing was living out the Cameronian Big Society dream.

Letting someone else spend the night in his twin room was an act of selfless charity and thrifty on expenses too.

Whether or not they ended up reaming each other is really none of my business.

William H is not gay as he's said so . Fine by me . But I'm having trouble with this -

Mr Myers, 25, was employed by Mr Hague during the election campaign as a constituency aide and after the election worked for the foreign secretary as a policy adviser.

An experienced (very) 49 YO politician is being advised on foreign policy by a 25 YO ? Must be another Tory wunderkind.

I assumed that Haugue would be hoping that there would be some wagging of tongues - preferrably Christopher Myers' tongue around his ring!

Felchist post imo. I'm sorry but this whole scenario stinks.

William H is not gay as he's said so . Fine by me . But I'm having trouble with this -

Mr Myers, 25, was employed by Mr Hague during the election campaign as a constituency aide and after the election worked for the foreign secretary as a policy adviser.

An experienced (very) 49 YO politician is being advised on foreign policy by a 25 YO ? Must be another Tory wunderkind.

David Cameron was a wonderkid when he was advising Norman Lamont.

Can't remember what happened. Oh yes, Black Wednesday.

Apologies to Popbitch, but worthy of comment...

2000: William Hague is leader of the Conservative party and happily lobbies for benefactor Michael Ashcroft to get a peerage, despite knowing he would be a non-dom, not paying full UK tax, then denies these facts for 10 years.

2010: Hague shares a twin hotel room with a junior aide.

Question: which of these got the press and Conservative MPs in a lather about Hague's "lack of judgement"?

jambos are go!

apparently the tabloids are trying to establish Myers sexual preferences. If it turns out he is gay then

Hague is toast IMO.

The whole episode is disgusting.

Not the fact he's been accused of being a battyboy more the thought of a sha**ing tory. Still could be worse, he could have been photographed 'the morning after' wearing a Cheslea top. :whistling:

I hate the Torys but Hague is a bloody good politician and a knob and I don't care if he's photographed with a belt round his neck, an orange in his mouth and his aide giving him a nosh as long as the aide is consenting and It's not on expenses. We have too few of them to let the good ones go because of their sexual preferences.

jambos are go!

I hate the Torys but Hague is a bloody good politician and a knob and I don't care if he's photographed with a belt round his neck, an orange in his mouth and his aide giving him a nosh as long as the aide is consenting and It's not on expenses. We have too few of them to let the good ones go because of their sexual preferences.

He will not have to resign for being gay/bisexual but for but for saying loudly he was not.

Can't stand hague, remember him giving a speech at a tory conference when he was just a lad. Pompous little git! Had all the 'blue rinses' wetting their knickers over him. Probably wishing he was the son they never had!

Couldn't give a 'monkeys' if he's gay,just don't like him, and all his motley tory cronies. :verymad: :verymad:

He will not have to resign for being gay/bisexual but for but for saying loudly he was not.

Utterly ridiculous post.

Why. He will have lied loud and clear and got caught. Let's hope not.

Sorry mate but if lying was a sackable offence in Westminster, then we'd have anarchy.

Why. He will have lied loud and clear and got caught. Let's hope not.

It's obvious and completely understandable why he'd have lied. Has he done anything illegal? Nope.

Last week, Tony Blair admitted he lied to various parties throughout the Northern Ireland peace negotiations. I take it you think he should've resigned at the time - because shock horror, he lied?

Ridiculous. And if this was a Labour MP at the centre of all this, I bet we wouldn't hear a peep out of you.

jambos are go!

It's obvious and completely understandable why he'd have lied. Has he done anything illegal? Nope.

Last week, Tony Blair admitted he lied to various parties throughout the Northern Ireland peace negotiations. I take it you think he should've resigned at the time - because shock horror, he lied?

Ridiculous. And if this was a Labour MP at the centre of all this, I bet we wouldn't hear a peep out of you.

Being caught lying is political suicide regardless of party. Ask Archer or Thorpe. Or Henry McLiesh. Or Nixon.

Maybe next week..............yucky.gif

The Real Maroonblood

Being caught lying is political suicide regardless of party. Ask Archer or Thorpe. Or Henry McLiesh. Or Nixon.

Very true.

That's a cheap shot Shaun. I thought you were better than that. Con-Dems ringing the wagons...

As I commented above, Hague has already been shown up as a liar over the Ashcroft non-dom affair.

Being gay isn't illegal but you have to ask serious questions about a man's judgement that allows him to legislate and lobby in a homophobic way yet still indulge in homosexual activities. A tad hypocritical, no?

Archived