Gary Locke On 5Live Now!

Goldstone Wonder

Goldstone Wonder

Gethin Jones show now. GJ's brother in law Tosh is a Hearts fanatic. Lockey was never on the losing side of an Edinburgh derby.

Goldstone Wonder

Tosh is a good lad. Always shoehorns a mention of Hearts into this show when he's on. Proper fan as well. He was at the Millwall game. Wonder if he's on jkb? There's at least one Cardiff-based Jambo on here, I'm sure.

jamboinglasgow

Ta

only caught the end of it but good to hear Hearts on 5live

its times like these where my digital bug radio comes in handy. Wasn't paying attention to it until I heard "won midweek against Elgin" and the scrolling text on the screen said "Hearts legend - Gary Locke" so paused the radio, rewound it and listened from the start of Gary coming on.

Great to hear Gary on the radio, and good knowledge Tosh. Great question the last one, asking Gary if he would swap the 1998 Cup win for a draw at Dens Park in 1986. Gary chose 1986 eventually arguing that if Hearts won the league that day they would of beat Aberdeen next week and got the double. Love the fact that as a player, Gary never lost a game against Hibs.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Ken Tosh, good pal often watched games with when I lived in Cardiff, and he kindly drove me up the road for that Semi Final! Think he's on JKB.

If anyone missed it it was on Gethin Jones 5 live show between 9.45-10.00am, should be on later

Thought he came across quite well on the show.

Normally I can't stand hearing Scots on the radio/tv, "An a wiz like, he played naw bad ya ken...."

Not sure about the intro song tho!

Thought he came across quite well on the show.

Normally I can't stand hearing Scots on the radio/tv, "An a wiz like, he played naw bad ya ken...."

Not sure about the intro song tho!

The Bonnyrigg accent is well suited to the modern media imo. :cool_shades:

SouthWalesJamTarts

Hello! I am on jkb! Thanks all for your comments. Curriehearts.... My mum lives in Lanark road west! Handy for the 44 to tynie!

Steve meik is modest- he asked mr to ask lockey what his favourite hearts games were.

I had to ask him about 86 or 98. Dens was the worst day off my life bar none but 98 easily the best (other than my wedding and the boys being born!).

I am sure geth appreciated you listening so thanks and keys hope for another 4 0 tomorrow!

Cheers tosh

Couldn't agree more!!

It's surely only a matter of time before Question Time or The Culture Show is held in Bar 33.

SouthWalesJamTarts

iPhone text prediction is the culprit ref my post! Mr and keys. Meant to be me and let's.

Goldstone Wonder

Hello! I am on jkb! Thanks all for your comments. Curriehearts.... My mum lives in Lanark road west! Handy for the 44 to tynie!

Steve meik is modest- he asked mr to ask lockey what his favourite hearts games were.

I had to ask him about 86 or 98. Dens was the worst day off my life bar none but 98 easily the best (other than my wedding and the boys being born!).

I am sure geth appreciated you listening so thanks and keys hope for another 4 0 tomorrow!

Cheers tosh

Well done Tosh. I've been meaning to start a thread about your appearances on the show. Good to have a Hearts presence on 5live other than Nicky Campbell.

haha that intro was class.

agreed :thumbsup:

Nice little interview from Gary, a little bit more sober sounding than the last time i spoke with him, that being him jumping all over my back as we queued up to get in to hampden for the cup final :woot:

Well done Tosh. I've been meaning to start a thread about your appearances on the show. Good to have a Hearts presence on 5live other than Nicky Campbell.

oh now youve gone and done it :ninja:

SouthWalesJamTarts

Cheers goldstone! That's my second summer now done. Hoping I get asked back next year. Might have won a cup by then!

pennyjambo22

agreed :thumbsup:

Nice little interview from Gary, a little bit more sober sounding than the last time i spoke with him, that being him jumping all over my back as we queued up to get in to hampden for the cup final :woot:

I must admit after hearing GL today and BB last week,it makes for a better listening, rather than some off the slavering that we have had to listen to for the last for years.

Not being racist in any way!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Ha cheers for the shout out Tosh! For that I'll send that Scotland Spain brief by first class recorded!

Yes teepee GL does sound a bit more level headed. Sat 2 seats along from me at ER for the New Year derby last year, belting out "Ooh Zemmama Peadophile!!" ha!! what a legend!!

Cheers goldstone! That's my second summer now done. Hoping I get asked back next year. Might have won a cup by then!

Loving your radio presence, Tosh.

Is cf11jamtart simon mcqueenie?

yes.

I knew you would be on here somewhere, tosh, I wasn't sure where though

Guest jambomickey

Is cf11jamtart simon mcqueenie?

is this the tosh i know so well from mayfield and gorebridge bus years ago? it's mihael g if it is. :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

Gary Locke is brilliant! He was my first ever favourite Hearts player and is still my favourite i've ever seen play!

Yes yours comes through quite well. :yucky:

Cheers tosh

I heard the show yesterday and thought it was very entertaining.

Good to hear some Hearts chat on National radio, well done.

oh ah grantona

gary locke is the man shared a beer with him at that semi final asked what it was like to play against the hibs and he told me that fact and some quality stories about him and mackay bangng on hibs door telling them to hurry up so we could hammer them certinly got me buzzin fo a great day :thumbsup:

is this the tosh i know so well from mayfield and gorebridge bus years ago? it's mihael g if it is. :lol:

Beer.jpg

Jambomicky, not the same tosh unfortunately mate. Sorry.

alcohol-free.jpg

its times like these where my digital bug radio comes in handy. Wasn't paying attention to it until I heard "won midweek against Elgin" and the scrolling text on the screen said "Hearts legend - Gary Locke" so paused the radio, rewound it and listened from the start of Gary coming on.

Great to hear Gary on the radio, and good knowledge Tosh. Great question the last one, asking Gary if he would swap the 1998 Cup win for a draw at Dens Park in 1986. Gary chose 1986 eventually arguing that if Hearts won the league that day they would of beat Aberdeen next week and got the double. Love the fact that as a player, Gary never lost a game against Hibs.

Gary Locke is a legend,remember walking up the Hampden steps,emotionally drained after the penalty shoot-out win over Gretna and seen this absolute nutcase,face red from shouting,standing on the seats singing his hearts out and looking like the happiest man in the world....tapped my mate on the shoulder and said" check Lockie out,the mans a legend"

• 11 months later...
SouthWalesJamTarts

Hello all. As I entertained you all so much last summer and summer before by bringing hearts to radio 5 live in the mornings, please could anyone help me with a ticket for spurs away game!?!?

Cheers tosh

Coburg Hearts

Hello all. As I entertained you all so much last summer and summer before by bringing hearts to radio 5 live in the mornings, please could anyone help me with a ticket for spurs away game!?!?

Cheers tosh

He who dares ..............hopefully gets a ticket. Good luck. :-)

Archived