Lithuania Vs Schottland

Guest vanbasten1874

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's all this German nonsense. Surely it's Lietuva v ?kotija?

sergent garcia

Lithuanian squad

Vartininkai:

1. Giedrius Arlauskis (Kazan?s ?Rubin?, Rusija)

2. ?ydr?nas Kar?emarskas (Gaziantepo ?Gaziantepspor?, Turkija)

3. Paulius Grybauskas (Baku ?Neftchi?, Azerbaid?anas)

Gyn?jai:

4. Andrius Skerla (Balstog?s ?Jagiellonia?, Lenkija)

5. Marius Stankevi?ius (Genujos ?Sampdoria?, Italija)

6. Ar?nas Klimavi?ius (Novosibirsko ?Sibir?, Rusija)

7. Ram?nas Radavi?ius (Panev??io ?Ekranas?, Lietuva)

8. Marius ?ali?kas (Edinburgo ?Hearts?, ?kotija)

9. Tadas Kijanskas (Balstog?s ?Jagiellonia?, Lenkija)

Saugai:

10. Edgaras ?esnauskis (Maskvos ?Dinamo?, Rusija)

11. Deividas ?esnauskis (Salonik? ?Aris?, Graikija)

12. Deividas ?emberas (Maskvos CSKA, Rusija)

13. Linas Pilibaitis (D?ro ETO, Vengrija)

14. Saulius Mikoli?nas (Kijevo ?Arsenal?, Ukraina)

15. Vytautas Luk?a (Kijevo ?Arsenal?, Ukraina)

16. K?stutis Iva?kevi?ius (Tel Avivo ?Bnei Yehuda?, Izraelis)

17. Mindaugas Panka (Lodz?s ?Widzew?, Lenkija)

18. Dominykas Galkevi?ius (Panev??io ?Ekranas?, Lietuva)

Puol?jai:

19. Darvydas ?ernas (Lodz?s ?Widzew?, Lenkija)

20. Tomas Danilevi?ius (A.S. ?Livorno?, Italija)

21. Andrius Veli?ka (Glazgo ?Rangers?, ?kotija)

22. Ri?ardas Beniu?is (Marijampol?s ?S?duva?, Lietuva)

23. Robertas Po?kus (Baku ?Inter?, Azerbaid?anas)

Lithuanian squad

Puol?jai:

Feck me, a couple of pullovers.

Jambo Martin

Lithuanian squad

Vartininkai:

Gyn?jai:

Saugai:

Puol?jai:

7 players in this squad have played for Hearts.

Goalkeepers: Marshall (Cardiff), McGregor (Rangers), Gilks (Blackpool)

Defenders: Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Broadfoot (Rangers), McManus (Middlesbrough), Weir (Rangers) McCulloch (Rangers), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers), Whittaker (Rangers), McNaughton (Cardiff)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Man Utd), Morrison (West Brom), Robson (Middlesbrough), Hartley (Aberdeen)

Strikers: Boyd (Middlesbrough),Fletcher (Wolves), Iwelumo (Burnley), McFadden (Birmingham), Miller (Rangers) Naismith (Rangers)

And 5 of this one have played for us.

So 12 in total!!

The only reason I'm looking forward to seeing this game is for the Heart of Midlothian related players in the Lithuanian team.

sergent garcia

Lithuanian squad

Vartininkai:

Gyn?jai:

Saugai:

Puol?jai:

i think (hope) our starting eleven...

johnnythejambo

Anyone going to the game ?

Yes i'm leaving for kaunas on thurs morning come back sun tea time. If i bump into Vlad will tell him to back JJ all the way!

Anyone going to the game ?

I went to the last Scotland Lithuania game and I've not been to a Scotland game since. The whole anti hearts nonsense from a very large portion of the crowd that day made my mind up that it's club over country every day of the week.

I went to the last Scotland Lithuania game and I've not been to a Scotland game since. The whole anti hearts nonsense from a very large portion of the crowd that day made my mind up that it's club over country every day of the week.

Well Said.

don't know if you mean over there or at Hampden.

At Hampden the TA booed throughout their national anthem, so Miko's penalty was only a smokescreen for the hatred shown that day.

A later game against Iceland had Eggert being booed on for his full debut.

common theme "Hatred of anything Hearts", just glad that I didn't attend any of those games. I would have ended up in a fight.

I will be cheering on Lithuania next week, good luck to all the Hearts players involved off course but especially big Zal.

Guest GhostHunter

Looking forward to seeing Chesney and Miko again....

Can't believe Pillowbiter is in the national side.....:ninja:

Guest Dipped Flake

Yes i'm leaving for kaunas on thurs morning come back sun tea time. If i bump into Vlad will tell him to back JJ all the way!

Couldn't make this game and the Czech one so will just be watching on the telly. Had a fantastic time the last time we were over there, although like most fans I stayed in Vilnius and just travelled to Kaunus for the game.

Well Said.

At Hampden the TA booed throughout their national anthem, so Miko's penalty was only a smokescreen for the hatred shown that day.

common theme "Hatred of anything Hearts", just glad that I didn't attend any of those games. I would have ended up in a fight.

What a load of absolute nonsense.

You didn't attend those games and yet you know exactly what happened???

Hopefully Lithuania will take points from the Czech Republic which they are capable of at home but we have a decent record against them and I'd expect us to take a minimum of 4pts from them over the two games, hopefully 6.

Exactly. I was at both games and heard nothing approaching that. I think in the Lith game, a small group of Hobos piped up and were rounded on by all nearby to keep club shit out of it.

K?stutis Iva?kevi?ius

God, all I did was read his name and instantly felt my blood pressure rising. Without question my most hated player Hearts player ever. Gormless git.

(A member of the current squad runs him a close second but lets just stay on topic)

Dont know why young Novi would think it would be an upset for his country to beat us at their ground ' whichever one that may be ' i think the bigger suprise would be us getting a result over there!

Spot on mate. :thumbsup: Scotland are pish and the TA are an utter embarrassment. I hope we get a tanking.

can't believe so many want our national team to get beat. :angry:

I think I'll start taking an interest in our national team when it's not run by a bunch of out of date, jobs for the boys, arse licking ******s.

I will be cheering on Lithuania next week, good luck to all the Hearts players involved off course but especially big Zal.

Yup, me too. :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

I think I'll start taking an interest in our national team when it's not run by a bunch of out of date, jobs for the boys, arse licking ******s.

i agree with you as far as the people running the country but it's still our national team, loads of people don't agree with the way hearts have been run but we still support the team.

i agree with you as far as the people running the country but it's still our national team, loads of people don't agree with the way hearts have been run but we still support the team.

Good point mate.

Although I've never really given a rats arse about the national team whereas I'd walk across hot coals for my club.

With you there JM. Under Craig Brown I refused to go to Scotland games, but I still wanted my national team to do well. I now get to as many games as I can (every game before I left Scotland last year) and I have to say none of what the anti-TA stuff you see on here is true. It's just guys having a laugh and supporting their team. The atmosphere with other fans is always top notch and the majority of guys you meet just love their footy. You're getting guys who support the smaller teams in Scotland and aren't tainted by the OF pish or even our delusions of grandure and they tend to take football for what it is - a passionate form of entertainment (one, mind you, which you'd bleed for, bankrupt yourself for and live your life consumed by nothing else).

If that's wrong and embarassing, then sorry I don't take a red face. I'd rather be in that atmosphere than beside the drab, expectant, beligerant, often racist and sectarian idiots I've often found myself next to at Tynecastle.

Of course idiots watch Scotland, who'll maybe boo an opposition anthem or something, but I'll tell you what, they're shot down a hell of a lot quicker than I've ever seen anyone being at Tynie.

Not saying you have to want us to win (although it smacks of an almost plastic paddy mentality to me and if not political, then the reasons for not wanting us to win can only be glory hunting at its most severe), but to belittle the guys who do follow Scotland shows a complete misunderstanding of how football should and can be viewed. It's a serious business, but why not have fun at the same time?

As for bemoaning the SFA. I hate them too, but if you hate them so much that it turns you off wanting your nation to win matches, why not try to change things??

jamboinglasgow

Will always support Scotland no matter what the poltics and team is. If you dont support Scotland because they are poor at the moment then your no more then a glory hunter...

IgnatiusReilly

Well Said.

Jesus wept. Get over yourself.

With you there JM. Under Craig Brown I refused to go to Scotland games, but I still wanted my national team to do well. I now get to as many games as I can (every game before I left Scotland last year) and I have to say none of what the anti-TA stuff you see on here is true. It's just guys having a laugh and supporting their team. The atmosphere with other fans is always top notch and the majority of guys you meet just love their footy. You're getting guys who support the smaller teams in Scotland and aren't tainted by the OF pish or even our delusions of grandure and they tend to take football for what it is - a passionate form of entertainment (one, mind you, which you'd bleed for, bankrupt yourself for and live your life consumed by nothing else).

If that's wrong and embarassing, then sorry I don't take a red face. I'd rather be in that atmosphere than beside the drab, expectant, beligerant, often racist and sectarian idiots I've often found myself next to at Tynecastle.

Of course idiots watch Scotland, who'll maybe boo an opposition anthem or something, but I'll tell you what, they're shot down a hell of a lot quicker than I've ever seen anyone being at Tynie.

Not saying you have to want us to win (although it smacks of an almost plastic paddy mentality to me and if not political, then the reasons for not wanting us to win can only be glory hunting at its most severe), but to belittle the guys who do follow Scotland shows a complete misunderstanding of how football should and can be viewed. It's a serious business, but why not have fun at the same time?

As for bemoaning the SFA. I hate them too, but if you hate them so much that it turns you off wanting your nation to win matches, why not try to change things??

Good post. Sums it up.

I love Scotland and I'm glad young Arvy isn't playing against us because he wont get run out the country by a bilious and bitter campaign by the Weedgie press.

So the TA did not boo the lith anthem? I clearly heard it on TV.

So the TA did not boo Eggert coming on as a sub? I clearly heard it on TV.

Stick to singing doh a ****ing deer

My only worry for this game is Lee Wallace and Big Zal come through the game uninjured.

If neither player was playing, I'd rather watch Deal or no Deal (Or some program as equally pathetic as that).

K?stutis Iva?kevi?ius

Id like to see how this lads fairing these day, all idiots aside there was a bit of talent there.

K?stutis Iva?kevi?ius

God, all I did was read his name and instantly felt my blood pressure rising. Without question my most hated player Hearts player ever. Gormless git.

(A member of the current squad runs him a close second but lets just stay on topic)

And when he scored against the Tic at the tattie dome or Rangers at Tynie??

People talking about mass Anti-Hearts displays at Scotland games are talking crap in my opinion. I was at both the Lithuania and Iceland games and I didn't hear any booing of Eggert. The Lithuania game, people had the right to boo Mikoliunas. I was in the front row shouting my t*ts off at him calling him every name under the sun. It was no smokescreen to the so called mass hatred of Hearts at that game. Bottom line is he cheated, fans booed and he was slated rightfully so in the papers afterwards.

I attend a lot of Scotland game and find noone really cares about the club crap unless it's banter like the half time announcements when people boo jokingly when the announcer says a club name etc.

Also the fact that people are supporting Lithuania is a disgrace. I don't care if you don't watch Scotland games/go to Scotland games but to wish your own country to get beat is ridiculous. It's beside the point that Zal is in the squad. Lee's in the Scotland squad! And most of the Lith squad left Hearts on bad terms in my opinion.

Bottom line is he cheated, fans booed

Did you boo Gary O'Connor's antics? :rolleyes:

Did you boo Gary O'Connor's antics? :rolleyes:

I always boo that Hubz arse. ;)

Actually, I don't remember the incident you're talking about.

And when he scored against the Tic at the tattie dome or Rangers at Tynie??

I leapt around like an erse like I always do. Why would I do any different just because a player I didn't like scored?

Didn't change the fact that he was honking. Way out of his depth. But what really made me detest him was that he clearly wasn't trying a lick, nor did he care. He was taking the piss and I resented the fact that he was playing for my team with that attitude.

Hated him.

So the TA did not boo the lith anthem? I clearly heard it on TV.

So the TA did not boo Eggert coming on as a sub? I clearly heard it on TV.

Stick to singing doh a ****ing deer

Of course you clearly heard it clearly because it was obviously what you wanted to hear. A few idiots booed the anthem and were shouted down. You make it sound like the whole ground was doing it.

No, the TA didn't boo Eggert. Maybe a few hobos did but no more than that. Anyway, he was playing for the opposition that night so who cares. You are telling me that if you were at the game and some Hobo player came on for the other country you wouldn't boo!. Come on.

To say that the TA is anti-hearts is an absolute joke. I would say from my experiences of going to Scotland games that Hearts fans are probably the second largest represented amongst the Scotland support behind the sheep botherers.

Is there another country in the world with such self loathing? I leave that to the weegies. Scottish and proud. Alot of posts on here are pathetic.

Of course you clearly heard it clearly because it was obviously what you wanted to hear. A few idiots booed the anthem and were shouted down. You make it sound like the whole ground was doing it.

No, the TA didn't boo Eggert. Maybe a few hobos did but no more than that. Anyway, he was playing for the opposition that night so who cares. You are telling me that if you were at the game and some Hobo player came on for the other country you wouldn't boo!. Come on.

To say that the TA is anti-hearts is an absolute joke. I would say from my experiences of going to Scotland games that Hearts fans are probably the second largest represented amongst the Scotland support behind the sheep botherers.

More revisionist nonsense from the racist TA. :rifle:

Anthems, though, are a serious business, at least as far as Uefa are concerned. The SFA still wait to discover what sanction may be imposed upon them because of the unexpected outbreak of jeering during the playing of Lithuania's signature tune ? Tautiska Giesme (The National Song) ? prior to the Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden Park earlier this month.

telegraph

Excerpt taken from the above link, Scots fans disgraced themselves that day, you were obviously to drunk to notice. I could post another link about HOME Scots fans booing another National Anthem recently but it would get the thread closed.

My posts were backing up another poster's message of Anti-Hearts feeling at the Lithuania game that day. The script was already written before Miko's dive. Yes, I too was disappointed in Miko that day. Were you of O'Connor & McFadden?

Would I boo a Hibs player? No, I dont boo any player in another county's shirt.

For your info, I am very patriotic about watching scotland, but the Hampden support in particular can be a bunch of t0ssers.

Guest Dipped Flake

Anthems, though, are a serious business, at least as far as Uefa are concerned. The SFA still wait to discover what sanction may be imposed upon them because of the unexpected outbreak of jeering during the playing of Lithuania's signature tune ? Tautiska Giesme (The National Song) ? prior to the Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden Park earlier this month.

telegraph

Excerpt taken from the above link, Scots fans disgraced themselves that day, you were obviously to drunk to notice. I could post another link about HOME Scots fans booing another National Anthem recently but it would get the thread closed.

My posts were backing up another poster's message of Anti-Hearts feeling at the Lithuania game that day. The script was already written before Miko's dive. Yes, I too was disappointed in Miko that day. Were you of O'Connor & McFadden?

Would I boo a Hibs player? No, I dont boo any player in another county's shirt.

For your info, I am very patriotic about watching scotland, but the Hampden support in particular can be a bunch of t0ssers.

What is wrong with booing an opposition player???? I take it when Mcgeady comes here for the tic you will applaud him???

On the point, there was some booing of the anthem that day but it was a very small minority. In Lithuania, their anthem was fully respected by the whole of the Scotland support. You will always get a few numpties at Hampden but they are far, far outwieghed by the general Scotland fans who don't give a toss about club football for 90 minutes and support our country. And your bit about another nationakl anthem is I presume about the province of northern ireland using gstq as their anthem. The only time I have ever booed gstq is when Scotland used to use it but I can fully understand why some did.

Guest JamboRobbo

More revisionist nonsense from the racist TA. :rifle:

We all know who the real racist is on this place drummer boy.

We all know who the real racist is on this place drummer boy.

Are you calling Therapist a racist? Strong words, I really hope you have something to back up your accusation.

Archived