Claret And Blue Is The Colour(S)

The Treasurer

The Treasurer

London's number 1 club West Ham finally get their season going with a fine 1-0 thrashing of Oxford Utd.

It's not the first time that they have come unstuck in matches like that. Well done Scotty

Claret and blue is the colour (s) thumbsup.gif

London's number 1 club West Ham finally get their season going with a fine 1-0 thrashing of Oxford Utd.

It's not the first time that they have come unstuck in matches like that. Well done Scotty

I'm guessing here, but I think in real life you might be a tiresome little man.

Guest jambomickey

londons number one club? based on what?

This is getting boring. <_<

Was at the game on Saturday, how they didn't go in at half time a couple up is beyond me!

The Treasurer

This is getting boring. <_<

You should read/re-read some of your threads.

Now that IS boring tongue.gif

The Treasurer

I'm guessing here, but I think in real life you might be a tiresome little man.

You guessed wrong laugh.gif

Chad Sexington

You should read/re-read some of your threads.

Now that IS boring tongue.gif

Hardly.

My threads are a thrill-a-minute rollercoaster ride. :P

Seriously though, I'm starting to warm to Dexter's idea of giving all the kiddy on EPL fans there own forum. :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Hardly.

Seriously though, I'm starting to warm to Dexter's idea of giving all the kiddy on EPL fans there own forum. :thumbsup:

^ Agreed.

Let the plastic EPL fans have their forum so I don't have to weave past a dozen threads to get to one about Hearts or the SPL.

The Treasurer

Hardly.

I was under the impression this was a FOOTBALL message board that was for all things connected to football, but mostly Hearts of course.

I'm not as you say a "kiddy on" EPL fan. I have a soft spot for West Ham United due to family connections. I don't consider myself a supporter as I believe you can only "support" one club which is of course Hearts, many others on here have similar affinity with other clubs apart from Hearts.

Sorry that you seem to find this concept so offensive.

Can we not have a separate forum for threads about Chelsea, West Ham, any bloody English team as it's boring.

Chad Sexington

I was under the impression this was a FOOTBALL message board that was for all things connected to football, but mostly Hearts of course.

I'm not as you say a "kiddy on" EPL fan. I have a soft spot for West Ham United due to family connections. I don't consider myself a supporter as I believe you can only "support" one club which is of course Hearts, many others on here have similar affinity with other clubs apart from Hearts.

Sorry that you seem to find this concept so offensive.

You're confusing offensive with tedious. :)

No offence intented. I just think all these "Blah blah is the colour" threads are getting a little out of hand.

Could be a dig at therapist, but i agree..the only colour here should be Maroon.

I dont care what really happens down in the EPL and im sure it is reciprocated by the numerous EPL forums.

Out of 19 (incl this one) posts on this thread I reckon 15 are off topic. If few people are interested in West Ham and

a) don't post;

B) don't open the thread, then

the thread will disappear off the main page.

I am not that savvy with message boards but if posters stick to this then it will become self regulating and there will be no need for super threads.

I have no interest in West Ham or the EPL generally....so there

Patrick Bateman

Can we not have a separate forum for threads about Chelsea, West Ham, any bloody English team as it's boring.

This. It's pretty pathetic that there are so many apparent Hearts fans who adopt an English team. Do we really think as many English fans adopt as Scottish team? I doubt it somehow. Beyond diddy behaviour.

The Treasurer

This. It's pretty pathetic that there are so many apparent Hearts fans who adopt an English team. Do we really think as many English fans adopt a Scottish team? I doubt it somehow. Beyond diddy behaviour.

Yes.

My entire anglo based (West Ham supporting) family all look out for our results.

When talking to English people on holiday I find the majority of them have a "soft spot" for at least one Scottish club, although they tend to be a bit clueless about the game in general up here.

As I've already stated you can only SUPPORT one team but where is the harm in wanting a team in a different country to do well in their league.

Snake Plissken

This. It's pretty pathetic that there are so many apparent Hearts fans who adopt an English team. Do we really think as many English fans adopt as Scottish team? I doubt it somehow. Beyond diddy behaviour.

Preach brotha, preach!

danny+preaches.jpg

Patrick Bateman

As I've already stated you can only SUPPORT one team but where is the harm in wanting a team in a different country to do well in their league.

Yes, but it's a bit irritating when folk continually talk about it on what is supposed to be a HEARTS forum, whilst hiding behind the "Football related" rules. These, and other threads, have really dragged KB down over the past few months and I'm glad the mods have started to take action. It really is tedious and demeaning to people whose primary, if not sole, interest is HMFC.

gorgie_rebel

Already got tickets in the bag for Blackpool away in November and Sunderland away is looking like a possibility this season. Will also get down to Upton Park but not sure when yet.

Try and get to see West Ham a couple of times a season.

Great opportunity to hook up with freinds and family and have a good old fasioned knees up me old china.

Claret and Blue are most definately the second colours However maroon IS the colour

Hope this......you know the drill

The Treasurer

Yes, but it's a bit irritating when folk continually talk about it on what is supposed to be a HEARTS forum, whilst hiding behind the "Football related" rules. These, and other threads, have really dragged KB down over the past few months and I'm glad the mods have started to take action. It really is tedious and demeaning to people whose primary, if not sole, interest is HMFC.

Drama queen alert !!woot.gif

It's possible (probable) that a few people don't like these topics but I hardly think it can be considered demeaning.

My main football interest is Hearts of course, but I'm not so blinkered that I don't take an interest in the rest of the football world.

The Treasurer

Out of 19 (incl this one) posts on this thread I reckon 15 are off topic. If few people are interested in West Ham and

a) don't post;

I am not that savvy with message boards but if posters stick to this then it will become self regulating and there will be no need for super threads.

Well said Dboy.

I started a thread that was of interest to me.

If others were interested enough to read it and hopefully make a positive contribution to it then great.

If not then it would have soon been pushed down the page by much more "interesting" debate.

People tend to look for a local club when they move. I've "adopted" west ham for many reasons and upon park is easy for me to reach. Many others are the same with different clubs. It's for the love of football and it helps fill a void

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Stupid comment and frankly, below you.. There are many of us that have spent as much time in England as Scotland and because of the tribal nature of football, you don't watch a team on a regular basis without developing an affinity. It's just not worth it, otherwise.

rossthejambo

a) don't post;

Such a simple idea that many can't get there head around.

It's hardly that offensive having people who support Hearts but like other teams elsewhere. If it does offend then don't read it.

Patrick Bateman

Stupid comment and frankly, below you.. There are many of us that have spent as much time in England as Scotland and because of the tribal nature of football, you don't watch a team on a regular basis without developing an affinity. It's just not worth it, otherwise.

If people want to express their love for some adopted team, perhaps it would be more relevant at said respective club's own forum. As I've said, the number of people hiding behind the "general football" rules in order to wind up people whose principle/sole interest is HMFC has multiplied over the summer.

Maroon is the colour, or does that not fit in with peoples obsession with the most overrated league in the world? :whistling:

The Treasurer

If people want to express their love for some adopted team, perhaps it would be more relevant at said respective club's own forum. As I've said, the number of people hiding behind the "general football" rules in order to wind up people whose principle/sole interest is HMFC has multiplied over the summer.

Maroon is the colour, or does that not fit in with peoples obsession with the most overrated league in the world? :whistling:

It would appear that you are the only one on this thread that could be considered on the wind up.

I, like most others am not obsessed with any other league (overrated or otherwise) I just take a healthy interest in football outside of Tynecastle.

doesn't make me less of a Hearts fan. Quite the opposite in fact.

LOL @ Kickback

33 posts 2 about the actual OP (debatable 3)

This kind of behaviour makes every thread pretty much identicle.... except the rare few.

Yawn

The Treasurer

LOL @ Kickback

33 posts 2 about the actual OP (debatable 3)

This kind of behaviour makes every thread pretty much identicle.... except the rare few.

Yawn

Congratulations for posting yet another off-topic post.

Easy done isn't it

Thundercats Are Go

a) don't post;

but you didnt follow your own advice? you have no interest in West Ham or the EPL yet opened, read and posted on the thread, exactly what your advising others with the same mind set not to do.

It would seem your right, your not that savy with message boards. :thumbsup:

Congratulations for posting yet another off-topic post.

Easy done isn't it

Indeed, youd posted 12 time out of 33

Back to West Ham.... utter pish

Why can't the Mods open a separate forum headed English Football. Then those, like Theracist, who wish to do so can discuss their other passion with likeminded Kickbackers without offending those that prefer only to discuss HMFC topics.

The Treasurer

Why can't the Mods open a separate forum headed English Football. Then those, like Theracist, who wish to do so can discuss their other passion with likeminded Kickbackers without offending those that prefer only to discuss HMFC topics.

because those of us with any intelligence can soon figure out for themselves what threads they want to read/post on/ignore without having to be spoon fed.

Seymour M Hersh

Are they (West Ham) not the London equivalent of the hobos? You know playing the game the "right way" awesome conveyor belt of young talent yada yada yada.

The Treasurer

Are they (West Ham) not the London equivalent of the hobos? You know playing the game the "right way" awesome conveyor belt of young talent yada yada yada.

No.

They're much better that that, even going by recent performances sad.gif

but you didnt follow your own advice? you have no interest in West Ham or the EPL yet opened, read and posted on the thread, exactly what your advising others with the same mind set not to do.

I don't think you are following my argument. I am well aware of the 'super thread,' debate. I saw this thread and opened it to see if it would follow the same route and it has. I appreciate this very action has kept it on the front page. I admit I am not savvy with message boards, so what.

I don't think you are following my argument. I am well aware of the 'super thread,' debate. I saw this thread and opened it to see if it would follow the same route and it has. I appreciate this very action has kept it on the front page. I admit I am not savvy with message boards, so what.

Loving West Ham right now.

Rolled over in the 2nd half against Bolton to help me win a coupon at the weekend.

Sneaked past Oxford to keep my midweek coupon going another night.

Who they got on Saturday? Away to Man Utd?

Man Utd handicap. (-1) is 2/5. (-2) 21/20. Thoughts folks?

:troll:

:troll:

Lol - thats rich coming from you...whooo 100 posts, gonna use it to tell you not to be a knob.

West ham, Chelsea , Tottenham, arsenal etc... who cares, Man U prob pip you to it Lol

Lol - thats rich coming from you...whooo 100 posts, gonna use it to tell you not to be a knob.

West ham, Chelsea , Tottenham, arsenal etc... who cares, Man U prob pip you to it Lol

:teehee:

Mummy will be along in a minute to give her little soldier his tea. :lol:

:teehee:

Mummy will be along in a minute to give her little soldier his tea. :lol:

Your Mummy wont, well not until she emerges from underneath my desk :thumbsup:

Your Mummy wont, well not until she emerges from underneath my desk :thumbsup:

Actually i take that back..your not meant to know yet :P

I P Knightley

No.

They're much better that that, even going by recent performances sad.gif

There was a time when I kind of tolerated them, with a couple of good pals being Hammers but I really hope West Ham go down this season.

I've hoped it for the last 4 or 5 seasons; ever since they paid ?5.5million for Premiership survival with the Tevez hoo-hah. If that was justice, then I'm a banana.

Archived