The Overconfidence Thread

Snake Plissken

rossthejambo

Apparently one of the Elgin players is SIX FOOT TEN! :blink:

Second tallest player in WORLD football!! :ermm:

(according to the Metro)

Sorry mate, according to the ever reliable BBC, your new keeper isn't allowed to play!

I had heard rumours this might happen, which is a bloody ridiculous decision from Aberdeen, I hope they go out tonight so it wouldn't of even mattered if he was cup tied. It's great news for Hearts though, our back up keeper is 39 and spent the majority of his career playing in the Highland League.

Apparently one of the Elgin players is SIX FOOT TEN! :blink:

:lol: He's getting taller every week according to the press. He's not 6 ft 10, he's 6 ft 8, which is still taller than people like Peter Crouch and still makes him the second tallest player in the world behind a norweigan striker whos half an inch taller. You don't need to worry about him though, he's not very good.

Johanes de Silentio

:lol: He's getting taller every week according to the press. He's not 6 ft 10, he's 6 ft 8, which is still taller than people like Peter Crouch and still makes him the second tallest player in the world behind a norweigan striker whos half an ince taller. You don't need to worry about him though, he's not very good.

Half an Ince taller?

Wow - that's pretty damned tall - Paul Ince must be about 5 foot 8 - Jeez!

safe journey today, bud! :thumbsup:

Jack Torrance

I had heard rumours this might happen, which is a bloody ridiculous decision from Aberdeen, I hope they go out tonight so it wouldn't of even mattered if he was cup tied. It's great news for Hearts though, our back up keeper is 39 and spent the majority of his career playing in the Highland League.

:lol: He's getting taller every week according to the press. He's not 6 ft 10, he's 6 ft 8, which is still taller than people like Peter Crouch and still makes him the second tallest player in the world behind a norweigan striker whos half an inch taller. You don't need to worry about him though, he's not very good.

I will treat your team with the same respect i'd expect for mine. I'd be livid if a bigger team were writing my beloved Hearts off. Apologies for my fellow supporters.

Naughty Jambos.

:down:

Heard the big lads family are all Jambos too... a bit worried about him even if he's poor as without Zal we'll have feck all aerial presence to defend corners, set pieces etc...

I grew up in Elgin and my family are still up there... watched a few City games through the years and had a few run-ins with the Inverness casuals in my youth... ha ha... feck we hated each other.

I obviously want Hearts to win comfortably but I'll not be wanting Elgin to be humiliated either... got a lot of good memories of growing up there.

Elginfan, quick question.

Is Tatters' lad playing for the club now? Know them pretty well through my folks but not heard of the boy since he went off to the US, on a football scholarship.

We_are_the_Hearts

Would be worried if we were playing basketball but we are not. Apart from requiring good delivery it is easy for a decent defender to stop anyone getting a free header, it is not just about height.

Elginfan, quick question.

Is Tatters' lad playing for the club now? Know them pretty well through my folks but not heard of the boy since he went off to the US, on a football scholarship.

He played a few games for us last season once he finished his scholarship, but has gone back to America and joined FC Tampa Bay.

Snake Plissken

Would be worried if we were playing basketball but we are not. Apart from requiring good delivery it is easy for a decent defender to stop anyone getting a free header, it is not just about height.

Correct.

In the article I read in this morning's Metro he said he felt he needed to work on his heading. So basically they have the jolly green giant with the 50 pence head up top.

It's entriely moot since Elgin won't even get in our half, I expect Jamie or Janos to take a deck chair out with them and a good novel. They are going to be bored stupid out there.

Teenwolf can't fool me.

All this bravado and outward declarations of easyness simply cover the internal feeling that all proper Hearts fans will have today...the whole bloody thing is set up for us to slip on the Elgin banana skin and land on our arses as we've done many a time before! :lol:

If this was a game against the OF or the Vermin I'd be joyfully predicting a win and goals galore from our new goal machine Calum Elliot. As it ain't I'll stay silent and hope we do not do things the Hearts way tonight! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be worried about Millar (the tall lad) at all as I doubt he'll get a game. We're obviously going to be playing with 1 up front and Craig Gunn is by some distance our best striker. Millar might get off the bench towards the end, but the game will be over by that point anyway.

Snake Plissken

Is it pissing down in Edinburgh today?

Gloomy.

Just like your team's prospects for anything less than abject humiliation.

Is it pissing down in Edinburgh today?

Peeing down over Gorgie as I speak but it's to dry up this afty and just be miserably dull! :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

I can't believe anyone was even remotely worried about a result that was a certainty before a ball was kicked.

That was the most comfortable victory since the invention of football.

Glorified training session.

Archived