All The Cool People Support Hibs

Craigieboy

It's been a while since I read his book so I've given it another shot as I only really skimmed it last time.

In it he comes out with just about every hibs myth on the go (flair etc).

But one thing that made me laugh last night was where he states that hibs are a much cooler club to support than Hearts. Hibs have the coolest fans & celebrity supporters & are generally viewed as the 'cool club' in Edinburgh.

Who are these 'cool fans'?

Lets see..??? A cool club or a club that wins major trophies and has some credibility on the park?

No, I just can't make my mind up.

Errrr........................John Leslie, The Proclaimers, Fish (no coincidence that rhymes with pish), Irvine Welsh. A group of uber cool dudes I must say.

It's been a while since I read his book so I've given it another shot as I only really skimmed it last time.

In it he comes out with just about every hibs myth on the go (flair etc).

But one thing that made me laugh last night was where he states that hibs are a much cooler club to support than Hearts. Hibs have the coolest fans & celebrity supporters & are generally viewed as the 'cool club' in Edinburgh.

Who are these 'cool fans'?

hearts_fan_hibs_dppa_03.jpg

Hearts fan: cool and sexy in an understated way.

_45993843_keith_wright_512.jpg

Understated Hibs chic.

PS: Is this bursd on JKB?

If she has a thread, get it bumped.

Like many definitions of who's cool, it's a self-generated circular argument. 'I am cool. I like X. People who like X are cool. I like X so I am cool.'

In Russell Brand's book, 'Articles Of Faith' he said that Irvine Welsh said much the same thing to him. He (Welsh) said, get this, that he believes that fans of all other Scottish clubs secretly wish that they'd chosen to support Hibs 'cos they're a cool club to support.

I mean, honestly. Where do you start?!!

In Russell Brand's book, 'Articles Of Faith' he said that Irvine Welsh said much the same thing to him. He (Welsh) said, get this, that he believes that fans of all other Scottish clubs secretly wish that they'd chosen to support Hibs 'cos they're a cool club to support.

Irvine Welsh.

:lol:

Like many definitions of who's cool, it's a self-generated circular argument. 'I am cool. I like X. People who like X are cool. I like X so I am cool.'

Correct! Thanks very much. :D

Great, another hibs thread by the OP.

My thoughts as well...This Poster is more obsessed by The Hobos than some Hobos!! He must start at least 3 Topics per day on them, If it's not links to mysistersmymother.net, it's their stadium, Crap players etc...He's getting as bad as "Blue is the Colour" :whistling:

I think he Doth protest to much... dry.gif

JFU.jpg

i have always wondered this but never bothered to ask until now:

is the beast coming out of a garden shed in this picture? :ermm:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Yep. Wish he'd stop seething so much over trivial shit like this.

My thoughts as well...This Poster is more obsessed by The Hobos than some Hobos!! He must start at least 3 Topics per day on them, If it's not links to mysistersmymother.net, it's their stadium, Crap players etc...He's getting as bad as "Blue is the Colour" :whistling:

I think he Doth protest to much... dry.gif

These.

Nucky Thompson

It must be cool being a ginger, smelly junkie with a pukey green football shirt from the slums of the Capital :D

Urgh. Describing yourself as cool has to be the least cool thing in the world. They're the collective version of that kid at the school disco who thinks he's Michael Jackson and likes to do impromptu solos on the dancefloor. Misguided at best I think.

Someone might want to point out to Smith that at some point in Hibs' illustrious history, all of the bohemian warrior poets seem to have been replaced by scaffy kids in tracksuits with dodgy 'frosted tips' hairstyles who like to steal bins.

Urgh. Describing yourself as cool has to be the least cool thing in the world. They're the collective version of that kid at the school disco who thinks he's Michael Jackson and likes to do impromptu solos on the dancefloor. Misguided at best I think.

Someone might want to point out to Smith that at some point in Hibs' illustrious history, all of the bohemian warrior poets seem to have been replaced by scaffy kids in tracksuits with dodgy 'frosted tips' hairstyles who like to steal bins.

"Frosted tips": love it.

As my supervisor said, "the word 'important' is self-important".

i have always wondered this but never bothered to ask until now:

is the beast coming out of a garden shed in this picture? :ermm:

Its an ootside lavvy and he's been sniffing the seat

this might be the most un-cool man in edinburgh.

+

=

_wsb_200x299_phil+mac+$28recent$29.jpg

Nelly Terraces

Is that the bloke who'se Mum wouldn't allow him to be a punk back in the day?:rolleyes:

Yeah, you're really 'cool':lol: . Bet he was bullied at school for being a plastic.

Francis Albert

Reminds me of the pictures of them enthusiastically taking home souvenirs from the old East Stand - broken pie stand signs with half the club crest torn off and the like. Sheer class.

Nelly Terraces

Keith Hilson anyone?

Shout. :thumbsup:

Long time since we has a Hilson thread on here. He is good for at least 2 pages of myrthdome on his own.

The People's Chimp

Shout. :thumbsup:

Long time since we has a Hilson thread on here. He is good for at least 2 pages of myrthdome on his own.

GREAT STUFF. Makes me crease every time I see him. Leith's very own style icon. Anyone got any word on his current whereabouts?

Was trying to find a picture of that pink-hoodied ballbag Sam Faichney, to no avail.

Uber-cool guy.

You mean this bawbag?

30493_126720257362631_100000739719166_169011_223169_n.jpg

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Was trying to find a picture of that pink-hoodied ballbag Sam Faichney, to no avail.

Uber-cool guy.

You mean this bawbag?

30493_126720257362631_100000739719166_169011_223169_n.jpg

getting a bit creepy/boring now, give it a rest lads.

jamboinglasgow

Irvine Welsh is the last person I would call cool, more, well just dirty. Maybe its the ex-addict look but I never thought cool is looking like you have just been dragged off the street (and its not even douchebag unkempt.) A classy man who named his band after the ibrox disaster. Plus his head is the shape of a testicle.

irvinewelsh.jpg

As people say, if you have to keep telling people your club is cool then 99% of the time it isn't. Hibs fans live in a world where they believe this and try to tell people this. To suggest every other Scottish fan secertly wishes they had chosen to support Hibs is delusion beyond belief, one of these days I would love to see Welsh try to brown nose a celebrity, try to be their friend, then go on with his Hibs myths only for the celebrity to open his jacket, show his Hearts top and tell him to gtf.

Pants Shaton

GREAT STUFF. Makes me crease every time I see him. Leith's very own style icon. Anyone got any word on his current whereabouts?

Living with Tom English in Brighton, I believe.

Tommy Wiseau

Three points:

1) Craigieboy has read - and re-read - known Hibee Aiden Smith's book, presumably knowing that he will mention Hibs in some fanciful fashion and it will annoy him. How odd...

2) Aiden Smith has clearly never rocked by my way in Tynie, or he would know that his statement is factually incorrect;

3) There is nothing cool about failing to win a national cup competition since 1902.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't mention him/post pictures of him in my every post anymore.

Gods a Jambo

Given some of the absolute shan patter you come out with on a daily basis i will go with the OP on this one.

Irvine Welsh is the last person I would call cool, more, well just dirty. Maybe its the ex-addict look but I never thought cool is looking like you have just been dragged off the street (and its not even douchebag unkempt.) A classy man who named his band after the ibrox disaster. Plus his head is the shape of a testicle.

irvinewelsh.jpg....

OMG. Is that what watching hibs does to you? :o

Bad enough when the Proclaimers hideous visages appeared onto my screen, much to my stomach's discomfort, only to followed by what can only be described as a contender for ugliest man in Scotland....in Victorian times Welsh would be locked up just for looking like that!!

I'm away to get some alka seltzer to settle my stomach before I boak.

irvinewelsh.jpg

As people say, if you have to keep telling people your club is cool then 99% of the time it isn't. Hibs fans live in a world where they believe this and try to tell people this. To suggest every other Scottish fan secertly wishes they had chosen to support Hibs is delusion beyond belief, one of these days I would love to see Welsh try to brown nose a celebrity, try to be their friend, then go on with his Hibs myths only for the celebrity to open his jacket, show his Hearts top and tell him to gtf.

Uncle Fester

On a serious note; What the **** is really meant to be cool about supporting this shower of filth?

You're getting a bit creepy and boring, I'm afraid.

The whole Eugene Dadi things a bit strange aswell, quite 'cool' and 'whacky', bet you're a right laugh. :down:

heartgarfunkel

Mods, any chance of getting the original Keith Hilson threads dragged up and put into the 'Classics' section please? Thanks

J.T.F.Robertson

Ice cool. B)

2211445869_eac1b1b93c_m.jpg

Funnily enough, the guy on the right with the fag in his mooth, actually resembles (or perhaps, since it's now 2010 ..... resembled, is more accurate) moi. :ermm: I've been going to admit to this for a while now, but have only just bucked up the courage. :ninja:

Perhaps this is an indication, I finally feel accepted on here. :rolleyes:

Archived