The Mcbride Red

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Just seen the two red cards incident at ER. McBride deserved a talking to, at the very worst a yellow. But yet again, faced with having to send an OF player off, a Scottish ref looks for an excuse to send one of the opposition off. McBride was assaulted by half the Rangers team, which would have resulted in a few yellows or even reds if Hearts players behaved similarly. While part of me is delighted at any misfortune that befalls Hibs, the better part of me sees this as yet another example of OF favouritism. And only two games in.

Disagree. You cant boot the ball against someone on the ground. He was very stupid and got what he deserved imo

Just seen the two red cards incident at ER. McBride deserved a talking to, at the very worst a yellow. But yet again, faced with having to send an OF player off, a Scottish ref looks for an excuse to send one of the opposition off. McBride was assaulted by half the Rangers team, which would have resulted in a few yellows or even reds if Hearts players behaved similarly. While part of me is delighted at any misfortune that befalls Hibs, the better part of me sees this as yet another example of OF favouritism. And only two games in.

Have to agree, A yellow at worst for me.

Bigman

The entirely honest & unbiased part of me tells me that McBride blootered the ball at the Lafferty, deliberately & with venom.

Straight red.

And the bEast stand said boooooooooo!

:thumbsup:

The entirely honest & unbiased part of me tells me that McBride blootered the ball at the Lafferty, deliberately & with venom.

Straight red.

And the bEast stand said boooooooooo!

:thumbsup:

i agree sir :thumbsup:

Maybury was sent off for similar. Stokes should also have seen red.

linkin- hearts

Altho it was undoubtably harsh and if it had happened to a Hearts player i would have been livid it probably was, in the letters of the law, classed as violent conduct and therefore deserving of a red:whistling:

special agent oso

Maybury was sent off for similar. Stokes should also have seen red.

Have to agree , stokes should have been shown a yellow in the rat boy, scotland's no2 incident , and again booked when the ref showed the red cards

Never a red card, I wouldn't even give a yellow for that, he's kicked the football and it's hit the player on the ground. Where do you draw the line? The keepers will be complaining next; "that bad man's kicking the ball at me!".

I actually thought Lafferty done well to block the attempted hoof.

I could understand the decision if it was a bottle on the side of the pitch that was kicked at the player, the bottle shouldn't be involved in the game but the ball is part of the game. IIRC the play hadn't stopped, the Hibs player was hitting the ball up the field towards the Rangers goal.

Let's be honest about this, we would be livid if a Hearts player was sent off for that.

Deserved a yellow at worst, never a straight red. Violent conduct? Kicking the ball? Get real. What a pansy-ass sport this is turning in to, if that is deemed to be violent conduct.

Drylaw Hearts

McBride booted the ball at Lafferty after the whistle had been blown.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Straight Red imo.

Never a red card, I wouldn't even give a yellow for that, he's kicked the football and it's hit the player on the ground. Where do you draw the line? The keepers will be complaining next; "that bad man's kicking the ball at me!".

I actually thought Lafferty done well to block the attempted hoof.

I could understand the decision if it was a bottle on the side of the pitch that was kicked at the player, the bottle shouldn't be involved in the game but the ball is part of the game. IIRC the play hadn't stopped, the Hibs player was hitting the ball up the field towards the Rangers goal.

Let's be honest about this, we would be livid if a Hearts player was sent off for that.

Statto,

Save your blood pressure levels.

If a Hearts player delibearately kicks the ball at a player on the ground it will be red.

Vent your anger at the player for doing something so stupid and letting his team mates down. Now that would be very poor discipline.

The situation was getting quite heated. Lafferty had made a couple of challenges just before the red incident. He made that 'tackle' which was poor, but the Hibs players reaction was also bad. He belted the ball off of Lafferty, which only exacerbated things.

It was a stupid thing to do, it only made things worse and made it harder for the referee to deal with. I think the ref was right to give a red, it did help to defuse the situation.

Would be interesting to know the stats on how often when one of the OF get a player sent off, the other team is also reduced to 10 either at the same time or later in the game? Sometimes it feels that refs won't RC an OF player unless he can keep it even and on the rare occasions he has to, he'll look to even it up asap...

Straight Red imo.

I agree with this. I felt it was all rather obvious tbh.

A yellow at worst. An appeal will see it turned over.

Hibs or not,another example of OF bias.

I doubt it will as it's a sending off offence.

It can only be overturned if McBride proves that he didn't deliberately kick the ball at Lafferty, which clearly he did.

There is a hell of a lot of difference between clipping the ball off someone to get a corner/throw in and belting it at someone, especially when the refs whistle had also probably gone to stop the game.

He booted at him deliberately he knew exactly what he was doing if a hearts player was stupid enough to do that i'd be livid with the hearts player. It was crazy

Creepy Lurker

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL. JUSTICE FOR MCBRIDE.

...hope I'm doing this right.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The rest of them all had their chance to "stand together" after we were royally shafted by Andy Davis. They all bottled it.

Straight Red imo.

Definately. The second he done it he turned round and went mental at Lafferty, McBride knew exactly what he was doing

I never saw the game but, it was a straight red. :lol:

Thing is Dougie you are more correct in the evaluation of the punishment than many who watched the game. :thumbsup:

Malinga the Swinga

Never mind Lafferty getting sent off for reaction, he should have gone for the attempted leg-breaker on the first Hibs player. After that, McBride had to go as well, but Lafferty should have had 2 reds.

It was the correct decision to send McBride off in my opinion. Unless he was shooting from his own half, there was no reason to blooter the ball low and hard as he did, unless he was deliberately aiming to hit Lafferty. Violent conduct, red card.

I don't think either player could complain about the red card.

As for MacGregor - he should get at least a 3 game ban. You would have thought after the Kyle Lafferty incident against Aberdeen the Rangers players might have cut that sort of behaviour out but clearly not. Neil McCann was spot on at half time when he said MacGregor should be embarrassed by that.

Jambof3tornado

It was the correct decision to send McBride off in my opinion. Unless he was shooting from his own half, there was no reason to blooter the ball low and hard as he did, unless he was deliberately aiming to hit Lafferty. Violent conduct, red card.

And how do we quantify whether someone blooters a ball in a violent way?? Its hard enough for refs. Lets get this straight,the boy got a red card as Brines wanted to even things up because he is A a cheat and B he is scared to rock the old firm boat,no other reason.

And how do we quantify whether someone blooters a ball in a violent way?? Its hard enough for refs. Lets get this straight,the boy got a red card as Brines wanted to even things up because he is A a cheat and B he is scared to rock the old firm boat,no other reason.

When they are aiming directly at an opponent lying prone on the ground. As I said earlier, unless McBride was having a shot at goal from inside is own half, there was no particular reason for McBride to hit the ball the way he did, other than if he was aiming to hurt an opponent.

it's ok, no need to panic.

mcgregor will be named and shamed all week in the papers.

i will also be crowned as the new king of scotland and an LRT bus will be found on mars.

The rest of them all had their chance to "stand together" after we were royally shafted by Andy Davis. They all bottled it.

Correct. Feck them.

Although the fact that it was a stick-on red card makes the OP a bit bizzare imo.

A Hearts player would have been sent off for that irrespective of whom we were playing. IIRC Alan Maybury was sent off against Falkirk for doing just that.

On another note, when are the referees in this fecking country going to do something about that ball sack Alan McGregor ?

I did not see the game live but watched the news highlights and when you see what Pally was sent off for as compared with the altercation betweeen Shagger and Ratboy, it defies belief. But then for the second week on the trot Rangers have a Glasgow referee.

As for the other incident the ref, if he had been geographically neutral, might have sent anything from 2 to 6 players off

We will be fined again next season.

marshallschunkychicken

A yellow at worst. An appeal will see it turned over.

Hibs or not,another example of OF bias.

An appeal won't result in it being turned over when that appeal depends on Iain Brines admitting he got it wrong.

An appeal won't result in it being turned over when that appeal depends on Iain Brines admitting he got it wrong.

:lol: A very good point.

No fecking chance of an appeal.

GIRFUY ya hobo ****.

McBride punts the ball deliberately at an opponent, and therefore his offence falls under the 'violent conduct' category.

dont agree,the ball could have struck twatface in the head,not only would it hurt but possibly cause neck damage

Captain America

I did not see the game live but watched the news highlights and when you see what Pally was sent off for as compared with the altercation betweeen Shagger and Ratboy, it defies belief. But then for the second week on the trot Rangers have a Glasgow referee.

As for the other incident the ref, if he had been geographically neutral, might have sent anything from 2 to 6 players off

We will be fined again next season.

Brines is from Paisley which last time i checked wasn't in Glasgow.

Both players deserved reds.Lafferty for the tackle and McBride for kicking the ball directly at him full force whilst he was on the ground.

Am i right in thinking as McGregor got booked for the "dive" the SPL cannot take more action against him?

But Brines didn't do anything wrong, so why should he admit to an error he didn't make. :huh:

The Old Tolbooth

I was listening on the radio and was really hoping that McBride was sent off wrongly because after some of the sendings off we had last season I'd have absolutely no sympathy for the sister pumping gimps, however after seeing it on SSN, it was a straight red for violent conduct, no doubt! McBride knew exactly what he was doing when he thumped the ball at Laugherty, although a few more huns could have walked too and had it been Hearts who hounded someone like that, we would have had a few reds there, just like we did at Hamilton last season :rolleyes:

Here's one for you - in my playing days I had a half decent throw-in. This game the opposition put a guy in front of me at a throw-in,literally right on the touchline. I did the decent thing - took a run up and launched it straight into his coupon. After the ensuing mel?e the ref booked me for ungentlemanly conduct but we had another throw-in. I said to the ref you can't book me for this or you'll have to book someone everytime a freekick hits the wall, if he doesn't want me to hit him with the ball, why is he standing there? The poor ref was baffled and as I lined up to take the next throw they lined up a different guy (who was gonna punch my lights out if I hit him). I called to the ref and said you have to book him for ungentlemanly conduct as he's trying to get me sent off as he knows my throw-in will hit him and I've already been booked. The ref went over to their manager and asked him not to do it as it was likely to incite a riot and fortunately they agreed. Leaving after the game the ref came over and said he was genuinely baffled as to what to do! I still think I was right - if you don't want hit, don't stand there!!

Jambof3tornado

By some people theory on this thread if a player deliberately got in the way of a keeper kicking the ball both the keeper and blocking player would get booked. And what about when you kick the ball as hard as you can off an opponent to try and deflect the ball for a throw in or corner,is that too a booking,my arse it is. Brines was evening things up,in typical SFA fashion.

It was a straight red, no question. The whistle had blown, Lafferty had just tried to knife the hibs boy, and his mate was trying to take Lafferty out big style! If he had hit Lafferty face and broke his teeth and nose and knocked him unconscious would it still be a talking to at best? Aye right, the laddie tried to smash the ball as hard as **** into Lafferty and deserved to go, good times. Reminded me a bit of the old barney when Souness first came up to Scotland, better times!

JamboRossi79

dont agree,the ball could have struck twatface in the head,not only would it hurt but possibly cause neck damage

and the problem with that is what exactly ? whistling.gif

The Old Tolbooth

By some people theory on this thread if a player deliberately got in the way of a keeper kicking the ball both the keeper and blocking player would get booked. And what about when you kick the ball as hard as you can off an opponent to try and deflect the ball for a throw in or corner,is that too a booking,my arse it is. Brines was evening things up,in typical SFA fashion.

I can see where your coming from, but the whistle had already been blown and McBride was looking for some "afters", he knew exactly what he was doing when he blootered the ball against Lafferty and it was violent conduct, there really was no need for it.

I cant actually believe theres people saying this is a "straight red card". Im geniunely confused. So a football hits a football player "really hard" and he should have been sent off incase it caused damage? That is an absolute joke Hibs player or not that is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen and anyone trying to say its not even-ing things up must have been drinking.

For what its worth I fail to see what Lafferty was sent off for?

Archived