Macgregor - Can You Imagine?

colinmaroon

Hearts Machine

If the referee saw him fall, and believed he was struck, rearend should have got a straight red.

If the referee saw him fall, and believed he was NOT touched, surely a straight red for McGregor?

A yellow each. How that add up? :blink:

rossthejambo

Rear-end got an undeserved yellow, so he was wronged.

As much as it pains me to say it I thought the same thing at the time. Ratboy was harshly given a card.

If anything McGregor should have been sent off IMO.

boabyarsebiscuit

As much as it pains me to say it I thought the same thing at the time. Ratboy was harshly given a card.

If anything McGregor should have been sent off IMO.

Brines (ACAB) will no doubt be saying he booked Riordan for the initial challenge when McGregor dived on the ball.

Why the sigh? McGregor is a diving cheat, will they call him that?

Will they encourage people to hound him out the country?

Will they be asking Walter and Ally to explain why diving and cheating is endemic at rangers?

If not why not?

and will Levein still make him Scotland's No.1 till Craig gets back ????????????? I would hunt him !!!!!!!!

As long as Allan McGregor continues to believe and act like he is untouchable, that's all good for me.

In 2 out of the last 3 years Rangers have dropped him for poor performances.

He's got a big fall coming his way although I hope it for Rangers, and not Scotland.

A disgusting ***** in a disgusting team full of *****. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I'd go as far as to say that McGregor is, by some distance, the most revolting character in Scottish football at the moment. And, given the intense competition, that's some accolade.

Agreed. I'd go as far as to say that McGregor is, by some distance, the most revolting character in Scottish football at the moment. And, given the intense competition, that's some accolade.

i would only agree with that if lafferty wasnt in scotland, he is by far the worst excuse for a footballer ive ever seen

i would only agree with that if lafferty wasnt in scotland, he is by far the worst excuse for a footballer ive ever seen

He's probably in second place for me. But as long as he continues only to make a fool of himself and the revolting club he plays for, he doesn't get to me too much. McGregor, on the other hand, has, among other misdemeanours, the unpunished assault on Elliot and the insulting of my country to his name. A total shit.

He's probably in second place for me. But as long as he continues only to make a fool of himself and the revolting club he plays for, he doesn't get to me too much. McGregor, on the other hand, has, among other misdemeanours, the unpunished assault on Elliot and the insulting of my country to his name. A total shit.

Whilst I'm in broad agreement wih you, I'd like to throw Lee McCulloch into the mix if I may :yucky:

rossthejambo

McGregor is a complete see-you-en-tee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpJOtfX0jA&feature=search

Don't know why I watched that because its just got me ridiculously pissed off verymad.gifverymad.gif

Whilst I'm in broad agreement wih you, I'd like to throw Lee McCulloch into the mix if I may :yucky:

It really is a tight 3 horse race for that honour. The prize of a bat to the face can be split 3 ways IMO whistling.gif

Indeed you may. Another horrible character.

:angry:

Indeed you may. Another horrible character.

:angry:

How good would it be if the mix was a mixture of concrete and shite ?

How good would it be if the mix was a mixture of concrete and shite ?

Throw in a gallon of acid and we've got ourselves a gloppiter-gloppiter machine.

:thumbsup:

no decision will be made until after the SFA receives Brines' match report

If he mentions McGregor's dive in the report as part of the yellow card then the SFA get a get out of jail free card and they don't have to make a decision

I don't get that. From the clip, it is obvious that McGregor commits at minimum 2 bookable offences and arguably a red plus yellow. The attempted headbut of Riordan would be a straight red if committed by a non-OF player, then the dive. So if TV pictures show that the ref missed something surely some action can be taken.

Then again Walter Smith said that it wasn't a dirty match, so really no action is necessary.

Usual story, Rangers players get away with it. Farcical.

Having seen all the "highlights" from Easter Road now it's good to know that David Weir is still allowed to be the assistant referee, albeit one that can pacify opposing players by grabbing them by the scruff of the neck. I wonder what would happen if big Zal tried the same.

Sterling Archer

"It was embarrassing from Allan McGregor's point of view. Players who do that nowadays - I think it's a disgrace," said Smith, now a football pundit with BBC Scotland.

"When I was at the SFA we decided to concentrate on three circumstances where the simulations actually resulted in some sort of outcome for the player which was negative to the opposition - a penalty, a red card or a free-kick that led to a goal.

"We decided we were going to punish situations that actually were successful simulations. We wanted to improve the culture of the game.

"In the incident between McGregor and Riordan, there was no advantage gained from Rangers' point of view so the referee will be seen to now have dealt with the situation: there won't be any retrospective action taken on it.

rossthejambo

"It was embarrassing from Allan McGregor's point of view. Players who do that nowadays - I think it's a disgrace," said Smith, now a football pundit with BBC Scotland.

"When I was at the SFA we decided to concentrate on three circumstances where the simulations actually resulted in some sort of outcome for the player which was negative to the opposition - a penalty, a red card or a free-kick that led to a goal.

"We decided we were going to punish situations that actually were successful simulations. We wanted to improve the culture of the game.

"In the incident between McGregor and Riordan, there was no advantage gained from Rangers' point of view so the referee will be seen to now have dealt with the situation: there won't be any retrospective action taken on it.

So basically, if you're crap at simulation you just get a yellow card but if you happen to be quite good at it you get a 2 match ban.

It should just be a red card and a 2 match ban if your caught doing it and a retrospective 2 match ban if you're not.

You may have a point

IF the Press pick up on it and keep it going demanding action!

IF the SFA take further action!

IF you weren't an OF/Weegie media apologist!

I do have a point,did they(the SFA and the media) demand action and take further action against Velica,if they didn't then you are talking nonsense,it happened to a Hearts,Lithuanian player and nowt was done about it so you have no valid point.

Archived