Macgregor - Can You Imagine?

colinmaroon

Sigh.

Aw diddums! Let's have a wee smile then!

PS Do you really believe that there wouldn't be an absolute broohahah!!!

Jam Tarts 1874

Yes, as usual the guys on Radio Strathclyde were just having a laugh about it. Not Lithuanian so no witchunt there then!

Drylaw Hearts

I don't know what a 'broohahah' is.

Anyway....

He's been slated by commentators from both the BBC and SkySports - what else do you want within a 1/2 hour of the match finishing ?

Jeez.

Blatant attempt at cheating a la lafferty yet despite it being remarked upon by commentators no great hue and cry! maybe it was the lillywhite strip he wore that saved him a straight red card and two doses of justified vitriol (sic)

seriously not funny he even thought he could pull that stunt on live telly and make it stick

I don't know what a 'broohahah' is.

Anyway....

He's been slated by commentators from both the BBC and SkySports - what else do you want within a 1/2 hour of the match finishing ?

Jeez.

Someone from tellyland could have asked him to apologise live on air after the match.

the worst part is that due to him being booked they will be no further actions taken again'st him, if he played for any other club outside the uglys then he would be brought up on charges of bringing the game into disrupute

Tiberius Stinkfinger

the worst part is that due to him being booked they will be no further actions taken again'st him, if he played for any other club outside the uglys then he would be brought up on charges of bringing the game into disrupute

Sadly, your correct sir.

Blatant attempt at cheating a la lafferty yet despite it being remarked upon by commentators no great hue and cry! maybe it was the lillywhite strip he wore that saved him a straight red card and two doses of justified vitriol (sic)

seriously not funny he even thought he could pull that stunt on live telly and make it stick

Since when did a dive merit a red card? If a red card was given for a dive most SPL teams would end the match with about 7 players aside every week.

willie wallace

Chick Young bottled it as usual in his interview with Smith rambling on about an alleged head butt.Smith told him that no one from Rangers alleged anything so Young just changed the subject.

The sportsound team are sicafantic, apologists for all things old firm. Richard Gordon called it embarrassing and ridiculous today.

He stopped short of discribing MacGregor as a cheating, coward who should be thrown out the country this time. His comments towards Lafferty after he collapse from a gust of wind against his beloved Aberdeen were similarly dismissive.. merely emarrassing.

Richard. for a drama queen you show remarkable restraint sometimes.....

The sportsound team are sicafantic, apologists for all things old firm. Richard Gordon called it embarrassing and ridiculous today.

He stopped short of discribing MacGregor as a cheating, coward who should be thrown out the country this time. His comments towards Lafferty after he collapse from a gust of wind against his beloved Aberdeen were similarly dismissive.. merely emarrassing.

Richard. for a drama queen you show remarkable restraint sometimes.....

MacGreogor's assult on Calum Elliot at Tynie was another one that went unnoticed, the ref never even spoke to him. Rules for some and not for others

Creepy Lurker

Hi, Colin.

I cannot imagine McGregor being Lithuanian because he just doesn't have a very Lithuanian sounding name.

If he had a more Lithuanian name then I could probably imagine it, but McGregor? Nah. Could only imagine him coming from a country where English is the primary language, probably Scotland but possibly elsewhere: England, Wales, etc.

I don't suppose that it's impossible that a Lithuanian could have a name like McGregor, but it doesn't seem all that likely as not many Scottish people move to Lithuania.

What about you, could you imagine it?

Creepy Lurker x

Seems to be a couple of sarky posts towards the OP, but he's spot on as far as I am concerned!

i agree with the op but lets be honest anything that helps deek REAREND get sent off or booked is cool with me :whistling:

Creepy Lurker

I am now successfully imagining McGregor being Lithuanian. It's easier than I expected, tbh. I now fully intend to continue to do so both often and vigorously.

Can you imagine if he was a block of cheese? This one is more difficult.

Jambof3tornado

I know the ref booked him but I think the SFA will take a look at the incident.

The man is a disgrace to football and I would rather put Worzel Gummidge in goal for scotland than that shop front!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

MacGreogor's assult on Calum Elliot at Tynie was another one that went unnoticed, the ref never even spoke to him. Rules for some and not for others

That one was absolutely shocking, blatant assault rather than an attempt at playing the ball. Only an OF player would get away with that.

Hmmn what if it had been the Hibs GK doing it against Miller? It will barely register with the media on Monday - Some light criticism in the match reports, but no pundits will call for further punishment.

Brines seemed determined to do his usual stamping of authority on the game but as always when he refs an OF game, if the OF player is the instigator then he'll dish out the punishments to both teams if at all possible, and if not he'll give yellows where he should give red, and a foul where he should give a yellow...

Malinga the Swinga

If McGregor was booked for squaring up to ratboy, then that is what the referee saw and dealt with. He should now be punished by the SFA for his ridiculous reaction in trying to get a fellow player, albeit a disformed ugly excuse for human being, sent off. A 3 match ban is the only answer, as I am sure Uncle Walter, Ally and Chick will agree. I look forward to reading and hearing about this in Mondays paper, and on both Real radio and radio Scotland tomorrow night.

gorgie rd eh11

Sigh.

Why the sigh? McGregor is a diving cheat, will they call him that?

Will they encourage people to hound him out the country?

Will they be asking Walter and Ally to explain why diving and cheating is endemic at rangers?

If not why not?

If he was Lithuanian!

Or, even, if he played for Hearts!!!

Fair point. Seems to be missed the fact that McGregor also gave Riorden a slight head butt in the incidnet.

Worth keeping this for comparisons as the season progresses.

McGregor has brought the game into disrepute, isn't that why Miko got a two game ban by UEFA? McGregor offence there was worse than Miko's against Scotland.

Come on SFA do the right thing - set an precedent.

Has anyone confirmed that McGregor went down because of an alleged headbutt? Maybe it was the stench coming from Rearend that knocked him out for a few seconds:whistling: . Lets wait and see what McGregor has to say.

Has anyone confirmed that McGregor went down because of an alleged headbutt? Maybe it was the stench coming from Rearend that knocked him out for a few seconds:whistling: . Lets wait and see what McGregor has to say.

Fair point LOL

I despise Alan McGregor and have done for a good few years now. Absolute jakeball.

It makes me ashamed that he'll be playing for Scotland in the next few games :yucky:

the crucial difference between what miko and the likes suffered and what worse cheats like lafferty and mcgregor have to deal with is this...

miko cheated and was rightly pulled up for it. he was then subjected to daily derision in the press.

when the likes of lafferty - a repeat offender by the way - cheat, they are rightly pulled up by various press types... but then it's suddenly dropped. that way they can all claim to have called a spade a spade... but it's the secondary effect of constantly being labeled a cheat that has the desired effect.

it's not even the press. when lafferty had the outrageous headbutt fein versus aberdeen, i can still remember what calderwood said about it. he said that "kyle isn't that sort of player and he'll be disappointed".

sickening doesn't come close when you consider what he had to say regarding other games.

If he was Lithuanian!

Or, even, if he played for Hearts!!!

Ahem,Velica against falkirk,Darren Barr,no.

What a pathetic way to try and have a go at the media because it's the OF.

If you cared to listen to the TV or radio commentators instead of the voice in your head you would have heard them having a right go at him.

You're joking.

He's only happy when he's miserable.

Drylaw Hearts

You're joking.

He's only happy when he's miserable.

You have a very disturbing obsession with me today.

Did you have a couple of drinks with your Sunday Roast ?

Ahem,Velica against falkirk,Darren Barr,no.

What a pathetic way to try and have a go at the media because it's the OF.

If you cared to listen to the TV or radio commentators instead of the voice in your head you would have heard them having a right go at him.

You may have a point

IF the Press pick up on it and keep it going demanding action!

IF the SFA take further action!

IF you weren't an OF/Weegie media apologist!

Drylaw Hearts

You may have a point

IF the Press pick up on it and keep it going demanding action!

IF the SFA take further action!

IF you weren't an OF/Weegie media apologist!

I don't think the SFA can take any further action.

I don't think the SFA can take any further action.

I don't expect they will but, if Brines booked him for squaring up, as a previous poster said, it is technically still possible!

Well, in a fair world it would be, that is!

You have a very disturbing obsession with me today.

Did you have a couple of drinks with your Sunday Roast ?

I did not have a Sunday roast today and I do not have have an obsession with you. You appear however to be particularly negative and miserable (more so if that's at all possible) today although it may just be attention seeking.

Try to lighten up and look for the positives and I'm sure, even in Drylaw, life will seem much brighter.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't expect they will but, if Brines booked him for squaring up, as a previous poster said, it is technically still possible!

Well, in a fair world it would be, that is!

If they can't do it they can't do it.

It could be that he reverted to what is acceptable in Lithuania because he was playing for his national side, even though it's unacceptable here.

boabyarsebiscuit

Hmmn what if it had been the Hibs GK doing it against Miller? It will barely register with the media on Monday - Some light criticism in the match reports, but no pundits will call for further punishment.

Brines seemed determined to do his usual stamping of authority on the game but as always when he refs an OF game, if the OF player is the instigator then he'll dish out the punishments to both teams if at all possible, and if not he'll give yellows where he should give red, and a foul where he should give a yellow...

On Sky they mentioned that in a similar manner to the Lafferty/Mulgrew incident, the SFA might want to take a further look. Possibly it was Neil McCann, or probably Andy Walker. I forget. But it was definitely brought up.

alwaysthereinspirit

Lets all take a deep breath and calm down. It is after all still Sunday. Tomorrow Rankgers may throw the book at him.

:woot:

no decision will be made until after the SFA receives Brines' match report

If he mentions McGregor's dive in the report as part of the yellow card then the SFA get a get out of jail free card and they don't have to make a decision

Genghis Khan

I am now successfully imagining McGregor being Lithuanian. It's easier than I expected, tbh. I now fully intend to continue to do so both often and vigorously.

Can you imagine if he was a block of cheese? This one is more difficult.

Gorgonzola - his patter's stinkin'.

alwaysthereinspirit

MacGregorovski is lucky that Gordon (honest) Smith is not still hanging around Scottish football. He never took kindly to Johnny foreigners like Miko and Eduardo bringing the game into disrepute. Can only imagine the inquisition he'd have had with this.

Archived