Congratulations To Hibs (Merged Threads)

Craigieboy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said this before and I'll say it again, I think Hibs have scored a massive own goal with their new lego stand, because they have taken away the only part of the ground which used to have any resemblance of an atmosphere, and now that scruffy mob will be rattling around in a half empty stadium every other week, just like Aberdeen!

Personally I think it's great! :lol:

I think it was very nice of them to leave so many empty seats so that we all got a good view of their new stand...

The wee team should be applauded for completing their stadium and I have no doubt that the SFA will use it to host Scotland games and the occasional League Cup semi involving all east coast teams. I can't help but feel it's about 3,000 to 4,000 seats too big, and come the middle of the season when they struggle to get more than 7,500 along the atmosphere will be dire. Snigger snigger.

They must have been trying out a fire-safety drill check and forgot to let the muppets back in?! :teehee:

Jam Tarts 1874

Do you think hibs will ever sell out their new ground?

That would be embarrassing:lol:

The only way they would ever sell out would be if they gave up the new stand to away fans of Rangers, Celtic or Hearts.

would be better slagging them if we had our new stand and there bank balance tbh.

if we had our new stand we could fill it! esp with ranker first game and live on the telly box! and who cares what they have,to us it's how many point we're ahead come derby days and end of season

Guest jambomickey

if we had our new stand we could fill it! esp with ranker first game and live on the telly box! and who cares what they have,to us it's how many point we're ahead come derby days and end of season

could we?

Nelly Terraces

The BEast stand will make decent viewing when we are pumping those clowns, and the place is emptying, down at BEaster Rd in the next derby. Can't wait.

Guest jambomickey

yes

it's not so long ago we were reducing the old firms ticket allocation and had to go running back to them because the demand was no longer there.

it's not so long ago we were reducing the old firms ticket allocation and had to go running back to them because the demand was no longer there.

Name: Tynecastle Stadium

Inauguration: 10 April 1886

First match: Hearts FC-Bolton 4-1

Capacity: 18,000 seats

Record Attendance: 53,396: Hearts FC-Rangers, 1932

Address: Gorgie Rd, Edinburgh, EH11 2NL

Average Attendance:

2009-2010: 14,484 (Premier League)

2008-2009: 14,200 (Premier League)

2007-2008: 15,958 (Premier League)

bearing in mind some of the team we play don't bring a decent away support to fill the roseburn plus the banners that seperate the away fans from home fans and telly games see seats dropped for cameras and stuff.

I reckon we could fill a 20-25k stadium easily

There are some negative posters on this thread who don't even go to all the games.

what like some part-time glory hunters :woot:

Average Attendance:

2009-2010: 14,484 (Premier League)

2008-2009: 14,200 (Premier League)

2007-2008: 15,958 (Premier League)

bearing in mind some of the team we play don't bring a decent away support to fill the roseburn plus the banners that seperate the away fans from home fans and telly games see seats dropped for cameras and stuff.

I reckon we could fill a 20-25k stadium easily

hmmm cold hard facts, i would say that we could potentially fill this, but you still need the product on the pitch, not saying its not going in the right direction, but any club regardless of who they are will always drop attendances if they're not performing where it matters.

Victor Meldrew

This 'dressed as seats' joke has never been funny.

I disagree.

In any event, it is the only way to explain the Hobos' argument that we didn't outnumber them significantly on 02/04.06 and the apparent swathes of empty seats in their end

The Old Tolbooth

If every season was like 05-06 then yes, we could fill out a 20-25K stadium most weeks, however every season is not like 05-06 and if you look historically to our crowd averages, then we're nowhere near filling the stadium every week.

One thing's for sure though, when doing well, we have a damn site more potential than Hibs could ever dream of.

That's out of date. The capacity at Tynecastle is no longer 18,000 and following the recent "ground improvements" it's probably nearer to 17K.

The People's Chimp

This 'dressed as seats' joke has never been funny.

It had its day in the sun and was spot on at the time of the big semi but it is now about the worst patter on JKB. So, so shan.

gorgie rd eh11

The old firm get as many tickets as we want to give them. If it suits us in the future we will cut their allocation again, nothing to do with running back to them. If this attitude winds them up then tough sh*t, whatever is best for HMFC is all that counts.

Their new stand might make the place look better, but i doubt it will help the atmosphere. If they have that many empty seats at the grand opening with a full away end then they'll be picking their own row when hamilton, st johnstone etc. come to visit.

Guest jambomickey

The old firm get as many tickets as we want to give them. If it suits us in the future we will cut their allocation again, nothing to do with running back to them. If this attitude winds them up then tough sh*t, whatever is best for HMFC is all that counts.

Their new stand might make the place look better, but i doubt it will help the atmosphere. If they have that many empty seats at the grand opening with a full away end then they'll be picking their own row when hamilton, st johnstone etc. come to visit.

cut there allocation again and you can bet your bottom dollar when we can't fill it again like last time there fans and clubs will tell us to get stuffed.

cut there allocation again and you can bet your bottom dollar when we can't fill it again like last time there fans and clubs will tell us to get stuffed.

no they wont.

rossthejambo

would be better slagging them if we had our new stand and there bank balance tbh.

Absolute bullcrap.

I'd rather stick with our main stand until we sort out a brilliant state-of-the-art stand truly fitting of Tynecastle and Hearts than stick up a hastily designed pish stand because our planning permission was going to expire.

Someone touched on it earlier, but at the start of that Sky coverage they opened the doors to the new stand and it was just like walking into a fecking warehouse. Nothing exciting about it whatsoever.

And if having their balance sheet means having mediocre seasons and an ever increasing wait to see us get our hands on a decent bit of silverwear then they can bloody well keep it.

You sound exactly like a Hibs fan tbh.

Are you seriously saying you think it's better to have a bank balance and stand than to be Edinburgh's dominant football team?

I thought we were football fans and not accountants. :whistling:

Drylaw Hearts

What a load of nonsense.

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but I heard this morning the hibs celebrated the opening of there new stand with a club record 6 home defeats on the trot.

gorgie rd eh11

:teehee: Like they were going to do last time we cut their allocation. :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

If Hibs did have over 17,000 (it didn't look like it on TV but you can't judge from an incomplete view) then it's a very decent crowd for a Sunday lunchtime televised game. When clubs improve their grounds they usually benefit from improved attendances - we'll see how it pans out for Hibs. A quarter empty Celtic Park for a non-televised 3pm KO was more interesting ... and encouraging!

Seymour M Hersh

There's no way there was 17145 in that stadium today, JR.

Absolute nonsense.

If it were us all the accountants down there would be saying aye but they also count the season ticket-holders who don't show. Unfortunately for the vermin their ST sales are so peshy that excuse won't help them.

A bit like a Leith hooker. Looks no too bad from the outside but when you see whats underneath, feckin disgustin :ninja:

Jam Tarts 1874

Here is the inside of the barn.

:mellow:

Barn.jpg

Just like the hibs, all show on the outside, but no substance. It looks like a derelict warehouse.

Barn.jpg

Jesus that cannae be finished, surely?

I thought their stand looked great, but a big negative for them is that it will kill the atmosphere. Their crowd hardly sung a song all day and against the poorer teams it will be a disaster. Don't look good for Hibs though, they were pretty shocking today, and they don't get better after Christmas.

I thought it looked good as well to be honest. I said it before its not too dissimilar to the Wheatfield (Wheatfield is better before anyone starts). It completes their stadium and although its not a patch on ours for atmosphere it does look better.

Barn.jpg

Now, I was never bothered by the "pink bus shelter" chat, it always seemed really infantile, but that picture must surely end it once and for all.

Barn.jpg

The Big Green Warehouse

Is that a bit of segregation for when they realise they will never fill it with their own fans?

heartsfc_fan

Barn.jpg

Looks like the warehouse bit in ikea.

Archived