Congratulations To Hibs (Merged Threads)

Craigieboy

Congratulations to Hibernian.

Your stadium with all it's improvements looked fantastic today. :lol:

All those in agreement say AYE!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Easter Road filled to the brim and the superb atmosphere.

The lift the players got from it was very noticeable :whistling:

At least you have a stand eh Hobos?

Your team may be the same bunch of jokers that you had last season but at least you have a stand. Oh and I forgot, you have a healthy balance sheet too apparently. It must be absolutely great to support Hibs. :lol:

I like how in honour of the 4 nil semi, several thousand of the Hibs fans went dressed as seats today.

Nice touch.

Guest Ash Cloud

At least you have a stand eh Hobos?

Your team may be the same bunch of jokers that you had last season but at least you have a stand. Oh and I forgot, you have a healthy balance sheet too apparently. It must be absolutely great to support Hibs. :lol:

And floodlights dont forget the floodlights ..

Nothing worse for an atmosphere of a ground than adding an extra 5k seats and having massive gaps.

The new stand reminded me of something..... Oh that's it, a big green bus shelter! :woot:

New stand, same old dross on the park.

Jam Tarts 1874

The new stand will soon pay for itself with capacity attendances, big European nights..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

:lol:

I thought their stand looked great, but a big negative for them is that it will kill the atmosphere. Their crowd hardly sung a song all day and against the poorer teams it will be a disaster. Don't look good for Hibs though, they were pretty shocking today, and they don't get better after Christmas.

A stand filled with ****s like this makes me smile.

My Thoughts: By Pedantic Arsehole.........

Firstly, I thought the line-up and the tactics were spot on :teehee: . Hibs got stuck into them and never let them settle or get a foothold on the game. Big Sol was absolutely outstanding at the back, what a towering performance from him. Hart looks more assured at right back as well. I'm filled with optimism for this season on the back of our first two games where we've shown enough quality I feel. :D:lol:

As for Rangers, I absolutely f****ng hate them.

Onwards and upwards for the Hibees however, I've seen enough to suggest we will be up there this year :lol::D:o .

Empty seats every where.

Wait till hamilton and st mirren come calling on a February night lol :whistling:

linkin- hearts

Hibs.

No debt.

No fans.

No yoorup.

No silverwear. (diddy cups don't count)

But at least they still have their delusions to cling to:thumbsup:

Gods a Jambo

I thought their stand looked great, but a big negative for them is that it will kill the atmosphere. Their crowd hardly sung a song all day and against the poorer teams it will be a disaster. Don't look good for Hibs though, they were pretty shocking today, and they don't get better after Christmas.

You would do you're a hibby.

Had to wait til December last season but already the Hobo's bubble has burst :D.

Remember though the scores don't matter they're still better than us cos they play with flair and have a bigger stand. :teehee:

You would do you're a hibby.

Their stand does look good, if you don't think so then you're as deluded as them. Certainly a damn sight better than their old stand.

JamboRossi79

We have to be honest now, they did get a whole 196 more than last seasons biggest attendance today. laugh.gif

Last season 16949 against us and today 17145

Jam Tarts 1874

We have to be honest now, they did get a whole 196 more than last seasons biggest attendance today. laugh.gif

Last season 16949 against us and today 17145

Probably just a bunch of festival back-packers lured in by the legendary flair.

I think there will be very serious concerns within the corridors of Easter Road that the "grand opening" of their new stand against the league champions who filled one end, only brought ?17k to the ground. The big empty spaces today were evident.

They will be really frightened that those numbers tail off very quickly, and those fears are valid. Time will tell, next home league game is against Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 11th September.

Build it and they will come. :)

Gods a Jambo

Their stand does look good, if you don't think so then you're as deluded as them. Certainly a damn sight better than their old stand.

Thats a matter of opinion, and mines is that, it is a tin bit of crap. If you call the most basic of stands good then thats up to you. A steaming pile of shite would be better than their old stand. The pitch did look the part though.

As i said on another thread,this will be hibs highest attendance all season.Er will look quite sad when their crowds drop to 10k.Made absolutely no difference to the atmosphere,as per usuall the hobos were very very quiet.

There's no way there was 17145 in that stadium today, JR.

Absolute nonsense.

Agree completely, there were swathes of empty seats, i presume they just plucked a figure out of thin air for the attendance.

As for the game, it was shocking, if that's Hibs playing with flair then no thanks - they were rotten...

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

crackin' stadium, crackin' floodlights, crackin' scoreboard...which read 0-3!

really wish I was a hibs fan when thats all you can boast about haha, oh aye and a game that happened over 40 years ago!

Regular John

Really looking forward to our game there in November.

Huge wide pitch for our wingers against their extra narrow setup and a stadium too big for purpose it'll cause us no intimidation whatsoever.

It's just a case of how long until they start playing artificial crowd noises through the PA.

Yogi "The new stand raises bthe profile of the club"

Eh!.............................

What a quote, how the feck does your new stand do that ya big oaf?

The whole of Europe just recently watched the mighty Hubz humiliated home & away, trying to play the Dutch way or was it the Brazil way or maybe even the flair way, what was the other one, oh yeah the expansive way!!!!

Yogi take a bow..................Clown!

Keep them coming, ma sides!!

Yogi "The new stand raises bthe profile of the club"

Eh!.............................

What a quote, how the feck does your new stand do that ya big oaf?

The whole of Europe just recently watched the mighty Hubz humiliated home & away, trying to play the Dutch way or was it the Brazil way or maybe even the flair way, what was the other one, oh yeah the expansive way!!!!

Yogi take a bow..................Clown!

Keep them coming, ma sides!!

He said the other day that the new stand (although empty :huh: ) gave the players a lift against Maribor.

It gave them a similar lift today. From mediocre to SHITE!

:lol:

I quite like their new green bus shelter. The architect will be dlighted that even at a "big" game the green seats are still visible.

I think the sound will echo well around the bEast stand when we pump them there in a couple of months.

Looks like it could be a long, hard, season for them. It appears they have started the way they left off in the last quarter of the season - gash.

Jambof3tornado

I think the stand looks fine,the supporters are all a bunch of ugly ***** though!!!!

Seriously though,the stand has been built to increase revenue and it will only do that if teams other than Hibs play there(cup semis etc). How many season ticket books they have sold should show whether or not it was worth forking out money.

Looks better than the old stand.

I just read what some ###### said on hibs.net that he sat in the west today to see how amazing the east looked when full and he said it looked great.

Only it was not ******* full.What's the point in lying about it when everyone can see on the tv that it wasn't .

crackin' stadium, crackin' floodlights, crackin' scoreboard...which read 0-3!

really wish I was a hibs fan when thats all you can boast about haha, oh aye and a game that happened over 40 years ago!

The Reims game, aye?

loved the start to skys spl highlights at 6-30 this guy welcomes you to the new east stand like he was opening a 5 star hotel .just to let you into a newly constructed derlect warehouse

boabyarsebiscuit

Slightly off-topic, but for the first game of the season their pitch looked poor. And it seemed they watered it heavily both before KO and at HT.

heartsfc_fan

I highly doubt Hibs will get 17,000 at a home game again this season (apart from the Derby of course).

Utter waste increasing the attendance of Easter Road when they clearly don't have the people to fill it.

And floodlights dont forget the floodlights ..

Apaparently they were the first to have them, so they could see where the needles were going. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Said this before and I'll say it again, I think Hibs have scored a massive own goal with their new lego stand, because they have taken away the only part of the ground which used to have any resemblance of an atmosphere, and now that scruffy mob will be rattling around in a half empty stadium every other week, just like Aberdeen!

Personally I think it's great! :lol:

Archived