Attendance Today Was Errr Gash .

Guest vanbasten1874

http://www.scotprem....gDate=2010-8-21

Good result as it was the attendance was pisspoor for an SPL fixture just another example of Scottish football going down the shitter !

When Hamilton struggle normally to pull in close to 1,800 of their own fans for 3pm kick offs on a Saturday, it was a not bad attendance considering it was live on tv at midday. Well done to the Hearts fans who turned up.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s12_1_1&workingDate=2010-8-21

Good result as it was the attendance was pisspoor for an SPL fixture just another example of Scottish football going down the shitter !

Who is going to pay 20+notes when the game is on tv.The days for me doing that are over.12 O'Clock kick offs are crap as well.Inverness away at 12 is a joke. :down:

Francis Albert

It was interesting to read in last week's programme that the attendance at the Hearts vs St Johnstone opening game of the 1937/38 season (a "boom period" for football atendances) was slightly LOWER than last week's crowd. Sometimes think the "Scottish football is dying" stuff is a bit over-played.

Seymour M Hersh

I thought the hearts support was pretty good

It was pretty gash tbh. The days of us taking huge mobs away from home seem to be long gone. Until you get to semi finals and finals. Who wants to pay whatever at lunchtime on a Saturday when it's live on TV. Especially considering the quality of football we have been forced to watch (HMFC) play over the last cople of years.

The Hearts turnout today was not bad considering the game was a noon kick off live on the telly - and easily more than double the number that turned out last December.

Today said everything about why lunchtime kick offs should be binned though - despite a good performance and two terrific goals, the atmosphere was flat as a pancake.

p.s. Pies at Hamilton are not up to much.

ToadKiller Dog

Hamilton fan wise are a 1st division club at most . I remember i went to Raith v Hamilton game when both were in the 2nd div , there was maybe as much as 12 Hamilton fans at the game .

I thought our support was clearly not massive today even taking the factors we should have more there myself included ,there may have been only 2,800 at New Douglas park but the noise was far louder than the 3,200 sheep and the one song they have .

I didn't think our support was that great today tbh.

Our away support (numbers wise) has been poor for a long time. Too dear, stupid kick off times/tv, and the negative style we have played away from home since Leveins time in charge has taken its toll imo.

Would love to go to them all and give the team my support in person, but due to financial restraints i will be picking and choosing my away games this season.

Our away support (numbers wise) has been poor for a long time. Too dear, stupid kick off times/tv, and the negative style we have played away from home since Leveins time in charge has taken its toll imo.

Would love to go to them all and give the team my support in person, but due to financial restraints i will be picking and choosing my away games this season.

Motherwell away last season was the last straw for me.Our away play is so bad that i started going to Manchester City games instead of going to away games.Got a City season ticket this season as well.Only four games clash so at 462 notes i will go and watch EPL Football for roughly the same price as away days SPL.

You`ve got to question the wisdom of puting Hamilton -Hearts games on the tele anyway?

Maybe its worth more money to Hamilton even if there was a full house without cameras, i don`t know?, but when we are trying to encourage fans to come back to football its absolutely crazy puting this sort of game on the tele.

A lot of people will be in the same boat this season,mate.The important thing at the moment is that many fans have renewed,which is great for the club.

I'm afraid the old firm can sing for my money this season....they ain't getting it.The sheep tripsare also out.Might manage a ICT jolly though.

Times are tough for loads of people at the minute and the away games will suffer i'm afraid.According to the recently released accounts only us and falkirk had improved attendances last season,we should be proud of that despite having an average season.You hear that,sheep?

A lot of people will be in the same boat this season,mate.The important thing at the moment is that many fans have renewed,which is great for the club.

I'm afraid the old firm can sing for my money this season....they ain't getting it.The sheep tripsare also out.Might manage a ICT jolly though.

Times are tough for loads of people at the minute and the away games will suffer i'm afraid.According to the recently released accounts only us and falkirk had improved attendances last season,we should be proud of that despite having an average season.You hear that,sheep?

Ironic that Falkirk used to be my 'away game' Damn the snake in getting them relegated!!! :whistling:

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Lowest 20 crowds in Premier or SPL

2008-05-13 Tue Gretna 1-0 Hearts L SPL 1090 [Gavin Richard Skelton;] link--->

1981-03-24 Tue Kilmarnock 2-0 Hearts L Premier 1445 [Alister Henry Mauchlen;Stuart Donald McLean;] link--->

2007-11-25 Sun Gretna 1-1 Hearts L SPL 1544 Kingston; [Kingston og;] link--->

1981-04-25 Sat Airdrieonians 1-2 Hearts L Premier 1737 Liddell G;Liddell G; [Alexander Clark;] link--->

1981-04-04 Sat Hearts 1-0 Kilmarnock L Premier 1866 Bowman; link--->

2009-12-06 Sun Hamilton Academical 2-1 Hearts L SPL 2003 Jonsson; [James McFarlane McArthur;Simon Ross Mensing;] link--->

2004-12-11 Sat Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-1 Hearts L SPL 2011 Hartley(1 pen); [Juan Jose (Juanjo) Carricondo Perez pen;] link--->

1985-03-23 Sat Dumbarton 1-3 Hearts L Premier 2207 Kidd;Clark;Clark; [John Francis Bourke;] link--->

1979-05-07 Mon Hearts 0-1 Morton L Premier 2253 [bobby Thomson;] link--->

1977-04-16 Sat Kilmarnock 2-2 Hearts L Premier 2471 Smith;Prentice; [Derrick Schendal McDicken;Gordon Duffield Smith pen;] link--->

1981-04-18 Sat Hearts 1-2 St Mirren L Premier 2649 Maxwell; [Douglas Francis McDougall;Alan Logan;] link--->

1984-11-03 Sat Dumbarton 0-1 Hearts L Premier 2706 Bone; link--->

1985-03-02 Sat Morton 0-1 Hearts L Premier 2800 MacDonald A; link--->

1976-11-30 Tue Partick Thistle 2-1 Hearts L Premier 2809 Shaw; [Alan David Hansen;John Angus McDonald Hansen;] link--->

1981-03-21 Sat Morton 3-0 Hearts L Premier 2898 [John McNeil;John McNeil;Andrew Douglas Busby;] link--->

2010-08-21 Sat Hamilton Academical 0-4 Hearts L SPL 13496 Elliot;Templeton;Kyle(1 pen);Elliot; link--->

1976-04-26 Mon St Johnstone 0-0 Hearts L Premier 3101 link--->

1978-09-09 Sat Partick Thistle 3-2 Hearts L Premier 3103 Bannon(1 pen);Busby; [James Millsopp Melrose;Douglas McKenzie Somner;Douglas McKenzie Somner pen;] link--->

1977-02-15 Tue Kilmarnock 2-1 Hearts L Premier 3182 Shaw; [Alan David Robertson;Derrick Schendal McDicken;] link--->

1987-03-28 Sat Clydebank[4] 1-1 Hearts L Premier 3194 Colquhoun; [Michael Kevin Conroy;] link--->

Guest Ash Cloud

1981-03-24 Tue Kilmarnock 2-0 Hearts L Premier 1445 [Alister Henry Mauchlen;Stuart Donald McLean;] link--->

1981-04-25 Sat Airdrieonians 1-2 Hearts L Premier 1737 Liddell G;Liddell G; [Alexander Clark;] link--->

2009-12-06 Sun Hamilton Academical 2-1 Hearts L SPL 2003 Jonsson; [James McFarlane McArthur;Simon Ross Mensing;] link--->

2004-12-11 Sat Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-1 Hearts L SPL 2011 Hartley(1 pen); [Juan Jose (Juanjo) Carricondo Perez pen;] link--->

1985-03-23 Sat Dumbarton 1-3 Hearts L Premier 2207 Kidd;Clark;Clark; [John Francis Bourke;] link--->

1977-04-16 Sat Kilmarnock 2-2 Hearts L Premier 2471 Smith;Prentice; [Derrick Schendal McDicken;Gordon Duffield Smith pen;] link--->

1981-04-18 Sat Hearts 1-2 St Mirren L Premier 2649 Maxwell; [Douglas Francis McDougall;Alan Logan;] link--->

1976-11-30 Tue Partick Thistle 2-1 Hearts L Premier 2809 Shaw; [Alan David Hansen;John Angus McDonald Hansen;] link--->

1981-03-21 Sat Morton 3-0 Hearts L Premier 2898 [John McNeil;John McNeil;Andrew Douglas Busby;] link--->

2010-08-21 Sat Hamilton Academical 0-4 Hearts L SPL 13496 Elliot;Templeton;Kyle(1 pen);Elliot; link--->

1978-09-09 Sat Partick Thistle 3-2 Hearts L Premier 3103 Bannon(1 pen);Busby; [James Millsopp Melrose;Douglas McKenzie Somner;Douglas McKenzie Somner pen;] link--->

1977-02-15 Tue Kilmarnock 2-1 Hearts L Premier 3182 Shaw; [Alan David Robertson;Derrick Schendal McDicken;] link--->

4th april 1981 1800,odds against killie i must admit that was an eye opener !

1987-03-28 Sat Clydebank[4] 1-1 Hearts L Premier 3194 Colquhoun; [Michael Kevin Conroy;] link--->

Am I the only one that thinks the prices are just a bit of an excuse?

?10 and ?20 seems pretty reasonable to me.

The mid 70s figures don't surprise me, but I wouldn't have guessed some of the 80's ones.

Independence

Correct and Tuesday against Elgin the prices are ?10 and ?5!!!!!

Hearts Heritage

The mid 70s figures don't surprise me, but I wouldn't have guessed some of the 80's ones.

The home ones in 1981 are understandable given how crap we were. The away ones in 84-85 were a bit surprising.

You think ?20 is reasonable to pay, week in, week out? :blink:

- Add that up over the course of a season, and its a pretty big sum.

Also, what time do people have to get out of bed for on a Saturday for a 12pm kick-off? Some people like to have a bit of a kip after a busy week at work.

When I bought my flat ten years ago, something had to give with the finances, and it was the away games. Now I'm through the end of that, and prices have doubled for going to away games, so I just find other things to do.

The prices charged by SPL teams just cannot be justified for an inferior product, and it makes people question whether to go regularly to away games or do something else every other Saturday.

Radioactive Mince

I'm sick of away games. Giving ?30 to another SPL club. Giving around ?50 to various local boozers. Giving Shitrail or Raspercoach (or Shell and the taxman) even more of your hard-earned. It's no' for me at this current time. Maybe at some point.

I was at Hamilton yesterday but I really cannot blame folk for not paying ?20 plus travel/food costs for a noon kick off that is live on the telly. And let's face it, New Douglas Park is hardly like visiting the Nou Camp.

I've no doubt that television is the biggest single factor in the reduction in away support in Scotland generally. Firstly because people have the option of watching games on the telly from the comfort of their own home and secondly because with games being on at various points over the weekend, people get out of the routine that they used to have of attending games at 3 o' clock on a Saturday.

You think ?20 is reasonable to pay, week in, week out? :blink:

- Add that up over the course of a season, and its a pretty big sum.

Also, what time do people have to get out of bed for on a Saturday for a 12pm kick-off? Some people like to have a bit of a kip after a busy week at work.

When I bought my flat ten years ago, something had to give with the finances, and it was the away games. Now I'm through the end of that, and prices have doubled for going to away games, so I just find other things to do.

The prices charged by SPL teams just cannot be justified for an inferior product, and it makes people question whether to go regularly to away games or do something else every other Saturday.

I do, yes.

People have to accept that ?20 is roughly the standard price for football matches in Scotland now, and I don't think it's that bad at all.

The home ones in 1981 are understandable given how crap we were. The away ones in 84-85 were a bit surprising.

This is what makes me much more forgiving than some for recent seasons.Just so blindingly dire at that time it actually became a laugh.

I agree .. terrible support today and the usual pathetic excuses for not going getting trotted out on here

for heavens sake start supporting our team !!

Thought it looked terrible on TV, especially since there were only fans on two sides. Not a nice wee stadium at all.

Hearts are still Hearts that I'd support anywhere - I don't go because of the negative football, but I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

I don't grudge paying around ?20 for an away match, but when you factor in travel (public transport, as I'm discovering at the moment, is extortionate compared to driving anywhere) and decent grub, it's easily a day out that costs ?50. I don't have the disposable cash to do that every other weekend, so I'll pick and choose away games.

I just have myself to worry about, I feel for all the parents that take their kids to away games.

I do, yes.

People have to accept that ?20 is roughly the standard price for football matches in Scotland now, and I don't think it's that bad at all.

You can travel down to England and catch a Premiership game for that ticket money (+ travel).

It is not good value for money, Sorry. I'd rather travel to a premiership game than watch the likes of St. Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Inverness, Kilmarnock etc.

An away trip will cost on average:

Travel - ?12

Ticket - ?20

Food - ?6

Thats ?38 before you add on Bevvy. You would struggle to get much change out of ?60.

Drylaw Hearts

You can travel down to England and catch a Premiership game for that ticket money (+ travel).

It is not good value for money, Sorry. I'd rather travel to a premiership game than watch the likes of St. Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Inverness, Kilmarnock etc.

Travel - ?12

Ticket - ?20

Food - ?6

Thats ?38 before you add on Bevvy. You would struggle to get much change out of ?60.

How much change out of ?150 would you have got going to see Bolton draw 0-0 with Fulham last week ?

Travel ?60

Ticket ?30

Food ?10

That's before you've bought a pint.

I agree .. terrible support today and the usual pathetic excuses for not going getting trotted out on here

It's also getting harder to fill our supporters buses...hopefully with improved performances like yesterday we will see a marked improvement in our travelling support. :rolleyes:

In front of 2,900 We achieve our biggest winning margin since the year 2000 !

Clearly we should be staying away in even larger numbers :ninja:

Travel - ?12

Ticket - ?20

Food - ?6

It will yes, and think it's worth every penny.

MacDonald Jardine

This is what makes me much more forgiving than some for recent seasons.Just so blindingly dire at that time it actually became a laugh.

I'm the same but to listen to some on here it was better in the 80s because "at least they tried".

How much change out of ?150 would you have got going to see Bolton draw 0-0 with Fulham last week ?

Travel ?60

Ticket ?30

Food ?10

That's before you've bought a pint.

I was meaning that you exclude the additional travel as its further away and compare ticket prices on a like for like.

However, if you want to compare like for like howabout a Newcastle or Sunderland home game vs a trip to Aberdeen?

Its quicker to get to Newcastle/Sunderland than Aberdeen by train, and a better day out.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

If you really wanted to be there, you'd have made a few sacrifices and made up the ?20 or whatever.

I'm the same but to listen to some on here it was better in the 80s because "at least they tried".

Aye, clearly those folk were'nt there in the late 70s / early 80s .............."played for the jersey" did they - my erse :down:

I was meaning that you exclude the additional travel as its further away and compare ticket prices on a like for like.

However, if you want to compare like for like howabout a Newcastle or Sunderland home game vs a trip to Aberdeen?

Its quicker to get to Newcastle/Sunderland than Aberdeen by train, and a better day out.

It depends what your looking for when you go to a game of football. I go to support my team and hopefully see them win every game the play in. Others go to watch an entertaining game of football.

If your in option 1 you would go to Aberdeen. If your in option 2 you would be going to Newcastle, no doubt about it (Money wouldn't come into the decision).

Doctor FinnBarr

I was working so only managed to see the 2nd half but had we went to the game it would have been ?50 admission money alone (2 adults and 1 child). Compare that to Tynecastle last week when it was ?34 to get the 3 of us in.

:ninja:

It will yes, and think it's worth every penny.

No offence mate, but your view is a bit blinkered. Do you own your own place or have a family to support?

I used to go home and away to every game for a solid period of 10 years before I got the flat, then reality set in. Other people have families to support.

The price of football tickets has gone up way above inflation, and in Scotland it can't be justified because the product is frankly shit.

Salaries have not increased at anything like the rate that football tickets have. To keep people paying for it, the quality has to be there and it isn't. That is why people will sit at home or go to the boozer instead of going to televised games.

If you really wanted to be there, you'd have made a few sacrifices and made up the ?20 or whatever.

But it's not JUST ?20 is it ............you are talking much greater travel expenses and probably the NEED to buy some grub

at some stage ...unless her indoors does you a packed lunch :woot:

The ?20 argument is totally false then cos instead of ?1.30 on the LRT bus as usual it's probably ?10 for a seat on supporters bus

+ ?5 for a fish supper - WITHOUT FACTORING IN ANY BEVY

?35 minimum :geek:

No offence mate, but your view is a bit blinkered. Do you own your own place or have a family to support?

I used to go home and away to every game for a solid period of 10 years before I got the flat, then reality set in. Other people have families to support.

The price of football tickets has gone up way above inflation, and in Scotland it can't be justified because the product is frankly shit.

Salaries have not increased at anything like the rate that football tickets have. To keep people paying for it, the quality has to be there and it isn't. That is why people will sit at home or go to the boozer instead of going to televised games.

I do agree with you here. I'm still young and just started working, therefore have pretty much nothing to pay for.

I'm not having a go by the way, sorry if that's how I am coming across.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

But it's not JUST ?20 is it ............you are talking much greater travel expenses and probably the NEED to buy some grub

at some stage ...unless her indoors does you a packed lunch :woot:

The ?20 argument is totally false then cos instead of ?1.30 on the LRT bus as usual it's probably ?10 for a seat on supporters bus

+ ?5 for a fish supper - WITHOUT FACTORING IN ANY BEVY

?35 minimum :geek:

I can't remember the last time I saw you on the Bonnyrigg bus so how would you know it's a tenner? tongue.gif

I do agree with you here. I'm still young and just started working, therefore have pretty much nothing to pay for.

I'm not having a go by the way, sorry if that's how I am coming across.

No problem.

I was just trying to make the point that I used to be like you when I had lots of disposable income to spend on the football and bevvy.

I just feel that now I'm over the worst of the financial constraints, the product isn't worth what all the teams in the SPL are charging.

I think it should be ?10-15 max per away game, as the away fans always get the worst seats.

The standard of football under Csaba and Frail was frankly honking. 4-5-1 at home or away was painful to watch, and we rarely scored or got wins away from home.

The supporters bus point others have made is a good one - a number of buses have stopped running due to a fall in members. I think this is a combination of all the factors - price, 4-5-1 tactics, and (lack of) quality of opposition.

Drylaw Hearts

They don't compare imo.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s12_1_1&workingDate=2010-8-21

Over six thousand at the Raith Rovers v Dunfermline game yesterday, fair enough it was a fife derby but thats a damn good show for Div1. puts murderwell and the likes to shame.

More wins and good performances will see the numbers travelling away increase. It is expensive though.

Our away performances under Levein,Robbo,Frail and Csaba when looking back were awful.Okay results were okay some years but the way we played was really boring to watch. :down:

Archived