Hamilton's "stonewall Penalty"

Acey

Bert Le Clos

2 hands in the boys back, stonewall for me.

As was the one on Wallace though. If it's not a corner it has to be a penalty.

Thought the Wallace one a couple of mins later was more of a stick on. They brushed that one under the carpet though.

Thought the ref was piss poor.

down.gif

Felt Trigger's arm on his back and hit the floor like a sack of spuds.

If it was Suso the Hamilton fans would have been giving it the "Cheat, cheat, cheat" crap.

Push on the back.

Stonewaller.

Stonewaller my arse - I've seen them given but it would've been extremely soft.

Had the ref seen it clearly a penalty would, most likely, have been given.

However, they showed an angle showing the refs view & you could see no foul, not surprised it wasn't given.

Wallace's, couldn't really see it properly on TV.

Elliott's was soft IMO. He played it well & by that time Hamilton had given it up so never really complained about it.

Neither were penaltys.

That was my feeling at the time. Would need to see them again to be sure but I felt they were both a little on the soft side and had theirs been given against us, I would have been rightly miffed so when we trotted up the other end and didn't get ours I figured it was probably right.

None were penalties.

Craig Burly was nearly greeting because Hearts were winning.

Harry Palmer

Who cares?

Some fat girnin' faced weegie having a mump about a refereeing decision makes me happy.

It wasn't given therefore it wasn't a penalty.

I thought it was a penalty. Not the biggest push ever but it was a push. As was the penalty claim for us just seconds later.

It would have been hard to complain had it been given - simply because Wallace does push with boths hands.

The thing is though, the player felt any sort of contact and threw himself to the ground (like he had been doing all game)

I bet the actual contact and force from Wallace was minimal at best.

Thought the Wallace one a couple of mins later was more of a stick on. They brushed that one under the carpet though.

Thought the ref was piss poor.

down.gif

I thought the referee did well by us today if I'm honest.

No complaints with Ruben being sent off, given the St Johnstone red last week CT can count himself lucky he was only booked, Wallace could easily have conceded a penalty and the one we got was soft to say the least.

We'll have worst weeks in terms of refereeing decisions.

I thought the referee did well by us today if I'm honest.

No complaints with Ruben being sent off, given the St Johnstone red last week CT can count himself lucky he was only booked, Wallace could easily have conceded a penalty and the one we got was soft to say the least.

We'll have worst weeks in terms of refereeing decisions.

A couple of points -

Just because a ref gives us a few decisions doesn't make him competent. It's just not us that'll complain this week.

Agree Ruben deserved a 2nd yellow but why was the guy who wiped out Zal a couple of minutes later not even spoken to.

For what it's worth I buy into the referees are pesh theory rather than the refs are out to get us theory.

peebles jambo

The Hamilton guy made the most of it, most players would of stayed on their feet.

the guy went down like he'd been shot,although, had it been for us i'd have been shouting for a spot kick

Seymour M Hersh

the guy went down like he'd been shot,although, had it been for us i'd have been shouting for a spot kick

May have been one of the reasons the (poor) ref dodn't give it. That and probably not seeing Lee's hands brush (ever so slightly) the diving runts back. I thought the ref was doing his best to avoid giving is fouls or booking them at certain times today. Clums booking just wasn't. How their captain avoided a card for taking Black out in the first half (admitedly whistle had blown for a foul for us).

A couple of points -

Just because a ref gives us a few decisions doesn't make him competent. It's just not us that'll complain this week. I didn't say he was competent, I just thought we got our share of decisions today.

Agree Ruben deserved a 2nd yellow but why was the guy who wiped out Zal a couple of minutes later not even spoken to. Probably down to the incompetence of the referee!!

For what it's worth I buy into the referees are pesh theory rather than the refs are out to get us theory. That I think is true in most cases. It isn't in one.

:thumbsup:

In terms of the rule book, definite penalty.

In terms of how games are refereed in the UK, never a pen in a million years, people ask for consistency and they got it with that decision.

Francis Albert

Why is a penalty claim by a side which lost 4-0 being analysed to death, both on ESPN and here?

We never saw again the claim at the other end which followed immediately.

There's no force in a "push" there, just Wallace'd hands on the players back, probably to stop the fat lump standing on his feet.

There might be a small claim if teh player hadn't had two feet planted firmly on the ground or any part of wallace apart from his arms moved. There's not a chance Wallace is strong enough to do that with his arms alone; barely moving his shoulders or body.

2 hands in the boys back, stonewall for me.

As was the one on Wallace though. If it's not a corner it has to be a penalty.

I agree

linkin- hearts

What i don't understand is that those 2 portugese twins spent more time falling over than playing yet nobody called them " dirty diving foreigners".:whistling:

What i don't understand is that those 2 portugese twins spent more time falling over than playing yet nobody called them " dirty diving foreigners".:whistling:

Because they don't play for us. :whistling:

Push on the back.

Stonewaller.

McCulloch uses his arms all the time playing for Rnagers so if he gets away with it why should'nt Trigger?

McCulloch uses his arms all the time playing for Rnagers so if he gets away with it why should'nt Trigger?

Yeah, 'cause that's how the rule book works and how it should work.

Player - Why's that not a penalty ref?

Ref - Well, it is against the rules and should be a penalty but my mate McDonald didn't give the same decision against McCulloch yesterday so I aint giving it to you today. Sorry son but, y'know, that's the way it works.

This will be the same Burley that only 10 days ago said Scotland aren't cute enough in the box and should be pushing/pulling shirts more to put players off.

2 faced git.

PS - I think the main reason it wasn't given because from the refs angle, he couldn't see any push from Wallace, but he did see the Hamilton player over do the flailing of the arms bit.

The perfect TV angle showing some contact was from the top of the scaffolding. Maybe wrong but I'm sure there isn't an official up there.

As with last week, ref didn't got too much wrong and tried his best to keep the game flowing. Any mistake being identified from a different TV angle in slow motion, or being conned by the players.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Wasn't a pen in a million years, yellow card for the diving cheat should have been the outcome.

Defenders and strikers push and shove in the box and there is nothing you can do about it. Its called holding your ground and is part of the game.

Who cares?

Some fat girnin' faced weegie having a mump about a refereeing decision makes me happy.

It wasn't given therefore it wasn't a penalty.

He's from Ayr.

Lanarkshire and everywhere westwards is apparently Glasgow on Kickback. :whistling:

You sure,sometimes it seems everywhere but Gorgie is weegieland on here.

There was contact but quite simply the player fell over when he felt contact and went down like a middle aged man ice skating for the first time.

The portuguse twins squealed every time anyone touched them and the shouts from the bleating Hamilton fans simply encouraged them more.

Players backing up when a cross comes in have little idea what is behind them and the player attacking the ball sees him comimg and automatically puts his hands out to stop contact -- you just cannot stop this -- try it yourself.

The penalties should be awarded if there is a push in the back with pressure and intent -- only problem is how do you measure that ?

Lanarkshire and everywhere westwards is apparently Glasgow on Kickback. :whistling:

Incorrect, Hermiston Gait westwards, is Glasgow. ;)

Archived