Ian Black

Gigolo-Aunt

Hardly God-like Gig :mellow:

Played well. Le Chat.

After all the cyber bashing the boy has taken, think its only fair for him to get some praise.

We are Hearts.

thumbsup.gif

He did very little imo, Ruben was having a better game imo until his rashness. Only the need for one of that type of player in midfield imo, we still need creativity from the centre of midfield and Black and Ruben together do not give us that.

No better than ok from Black today, still must look to do better.

Played well. Le Chat.

After all the cyber bashing the boy has taken, think its only fair for him to get some praise.

We are Hearts.

thumbsup.gif

Agreed.

It was a great typo though :P

Was the worst Hearts player on the park.

In the last 30 minutes everyone was putting a shift in; with the exception of Black, who was anonymous.

He did very little imo, Ruben was having a better game imo until his rashness. Only the need for one of that type of player in midfield imo, we still need creativity from the centre of midfield and Black and Ruben together do not give us that.

No better than ok from Black today, still must look to do better.

Agree completely. Very little of any note from Black and he still looks a poor, poor player. Ruben? Good first half, was already playing poorly in the second by the time he was sent off. For him to be smiling at the ref's decision to give him the second yellow will, I hope, have enraged the manager.

Chris Benoit

In the last 30 minutes everyone was putting a shift in; with the exception of Black, who was anonymous.

Possibly due to the fact he'd been replaced by McGowan :rolleyes:

is this a sarcastic thread? I learnt three things from todays game. Kevin Kyle is better than i gave him credit for. Clum is a goal machine. And Ian Blakc is absolutely awful. The midfield two did nothing the entire game. All successfull forward passes were mide from defence or wide. they didnt pick up men, make runs, pass to their own team, I honestly cant wait for stevenson and Jonsson to return. With Mrowiec now signed i really dont se eBlakc having a future at the club but i kind of guessed there would be a thread commending him cos theres always one after a win that says he is an unsung hero when actually hes just unsing.

Great result though.

Black was off the park at that point.

Kindest Regards

thumbsup.gif

Poor again today, tucks in deep with Ruben and lets the opposition come into the attacking third before closing down which is precisely what JJ doesnt want.

We brought on Mroweic and was much better, Ryan Mcgowan (future captain) put a good shift in too.

Possibly due to the fact he'd been replaced by McGowan :rolleyes:

He was replaced with 12 mins to go if i recall correctly.

Did better today than last week and set up the first. Improvement i reckon

thumbsup.gif

He has been playing low on confidence - today will do him the world of good.

thumbsup.gif

He was better than last week for sure

Adrian looked better than him and Ruben when he came on though, no lack of energy and effort in chasing men down

linkin- hearts

Well i agree with the OP i thought he played well enough today and also helped with the first 2 goals:thumbsup:. I don't know what people actually expect from a holding midfield player.

thumbsup.gif

He has been playing low on confidence - today will do him the world of good.

thumbsup.gif

Hopefully he will be removed from the first team and he can return at a later date with some confidence.

His ball playing skills are generally poor and his range of passing is not up to standard, against a stronger team we would not get away with how our central midfield pairing played especially in terms of positioning defensively. Jonsson's fresh legs and footballing brain will make a world of difference next week.

Hopefully he will be removed from the first team and he can return at a later date with some confidence.

His ball playing skills are generally poor and his range of passing is not up to standard, against a stronger team we would not get away with how our central midfield pairing played especially in terms of positioning defensively. Jonsson's fresh legs and footballing brain will make a world of difference next week.

Had a hand in a couple of the goals today.

No doubt Ian Black will be buzzing next week in training, looking forward to the next fixture.

Well done today, Ian.

thumbsup.gif

Had a hand in a couple of the goals today.

No doubt Ian Black will be buzzing next week in training, looking forward to the next fixture.

Well done today, Ian.

thumbsup.gif

You quoted my post without addressing any of the points, interested to know if you agree or disagree.

Ian played slightly better today against a poorer team, should gain some confidence, hopefully ability too.

I like Ian, good Hearts man, not a first team player yet.

Why would you want to remove a player after he has put a good shift in? (a game that would have given his confidence a boost) To take him out to get his confidence up?

That's gonna work.

unsure.gif

His ball playing skills? Honestly think they are a lot better than he is showing atm. With a run of games, thats only going to improve.

Again, well done today Ian - certainly one if the eye for the Hearts fans who constantly snipe at you.

thumbsup.gif

Why would you want to remove a player after he has put a good shift in? (a game that would have given his confidence a boost) To take him out to get his confidence up?

That's gonna work.

unsure.gif

His ball playing skills? Honestly think they are a lot better than he is showing atm. With a run of games, thats only going to improve.

Again, well done today Ian - certainly one if the eye for the Hearts fans who constantly snipe at you.

thumbsup.gif

As others on this thread have said, I think your easily pleased. Jonsson/Mcgowan with the Ryan Stevo boat for me immediately.

I could start a thread about Elliott and his doubters as I have always had faith in him and had arguments in the last two weeks with OAG and Drylaw with the Clum gtf chat, but Im not gonna start a thread about it, just chuffed our team won convincgly and were all Jambo's - even that shite player Black.

BTW were trying to set up the 5 a side at World of Football, are you still interested? Will start a thread about it in the Shed this week, but need definite numbers.

thumbsup.gif

Not really,GA. Most of us who don't like Black thought he was poor today again tbh.

Not really,GA. Most of us who don't like Black thought he was poor today again tbh.

Exactly he still managed to look poor in a 4-0 win. I don't think he found a Hearts player more than twice. He is behind Jonsson, Stevenson, Ruben and Mrowiec fo rthat jersey for me.

As others on this thread have said, I think your easily pleased. Jonsson/Mcgowan with the Ryan Stevo boat for me immediately.

I could start a thread about Elliott and his doubters as I have always had faith in him and had arguments in the last two weeks with OAG and Drylaw with the Clum gtf chat, but Im not gonna start a thread about it, just chuffed our team won convincgly and were all Jambo's - even that shite player Black.

BTW were trying to set up the 5 a side at World of Football, are you still interested? Will start a thread about it in the Shed this week, but need definite numbers.

McGowan is still a young pup and has to warrant a start - if he keeps doing what he is doing though, his time will come.

You should start a thread on Elliot - there is a lot to be positive about today.

thumbsup.gif

I'm still interested in the 5's - cant do this week though.

thumbsup.gif

Its good to see you went in to today's game with an open mind on Black.

down.gif

Oh, I hear rumblings that on an Arbroath forum someone made a racist remark - you want the link?

laugh.gif

McGowan is still a young pup and has to warrant a start - if he keeps doing what he is doing though, his time will come.

You should start a thread on Elliot - there is a lot to be positive about today.

thumbsup.gif

I'm still interested in the 5's - cant do this week though.

thumbsup.gif

Its good to see you went in to today's game with an open mind on Black.

down.gif

Oh, I hear rumblings that on an Arbroath forum someone made a racist remark - you want the link?

laugh.gif

I think little Ian needs to warrant a start in my opinion.

There is already a thread on Elliott, most people are echoing my sentiments in the match thread so that will do!

Anyway, I think the replies on this thread has given a fair idea on Black's performance today, but we all see the game differently so fair play. :thumbsup:

is this a sarcastic thread? I learnt three things from todays game. Kevin Kyle is better than i gave him credit for. Clum is a goal machine. And Ian Blakc is absolutely awful. The midfield two did nothing the entire game. All successfull forward passes were mide from defence or wide. they didnt pick up men, make runs, pass to their own team, I honestly cant wait for stevenson and Jonsson to return. With Mrowiec now signed i really dont se eBlakc having a future at the club but i kind of guessed there would be a thread commending him cos theres always one after a win that says he is an unsung hero when actually hes just unsing.

Great result though.

I don't see how this game made you draw your opinion that Black is absolutely awful. Don't get me wrong I understand why people believe Black to be gash as he has put in some seriously below par performances during his Hearts career, however I don't think this was one of them. I thought Black did OK today didn't do anything of note really. It was simply a performance that wouldn't change any opinions. Haters continue to hate etc.

marshallschunkychicken

First goal was down to good play by Ian Black, Suso, then Calum.

Kickback's scapegoats, go figure.

I don't see how this game made you draw your opinion that Black is absolutely awful. Don't get me wrong I understand why people believe Black to be gash as he has put in some seriously below par performances during his Hearts career, however I don't think this was one of them. I thought Black did OK today didn't do anything of note really. It was simply a performance that wouldn't change any opinions. Haters continue to hate etc.

Agreed. A meh performance really . . 4 at best. But at least he wasn't stinking !

The midfield pressed a lot but were very disappointing in possesion. Passing accurately seems to be beyond them.

I really hope he doesn't read this site :(

sad.gif

I know, mate.

Seems some have made up their mind on young Black and no matter of today's fine performance, having a hand in a goal or two, will sway their mind.

JJ seemed delighted with him when he was taken off (a tactical decision) and it was nice to hear him given a warm round of applause from the travelling Hearts support.

Well done all round.

geek.gif

First goal was down to good play by Ian Black, Suso, then Calum.

Kickback's scapegoats, go figure.

A scapegoat after a 4-0 win?? :D Hand on heart, my posts on this thread have been an accurate reflection how I view Ian in regards to the current Heart of Midlothian team.

Black got an assist today if I recall correctly, congrats but I didnt think he or ruben had a particularly good game today against a poor opposition midfield. Ruben's distribution was slightly more tidy, absolutely delighted that Ruben is suspended for the next game though, maybe Black will improve with Stevo beside him.

Thought he was much better today, wasn't trying anything speculative. Simple breaking up the play, harrying and hassling and then playing the simple pass.

Marooned In Oz

Black played well today. I don't know why some people arn't happy. Some actually rated ruben better for getting sent off while we were cruising at 2-0 for diving into a needless tackle, but then, for some bizarre reason, people like the way Ruben plays no matter how incredibly shite he does so.

Kickback needs it's scape goats though as usual, and an assist, a solid performance and being involved in a 4-0 win isn't good enough for some of the bitter members of the board.

Give the lad a chance this year and put the knives away...

Black played well today. I don't know why some people arn't happy. Some actually rated ruben better for getting sent off while we were cruising at 2-0 for diving into a needless tackle, but then, for some bizarre reason, people like the way Ruben plays no matter how incredibly shite he does so.

Kickback needs it's scape goats though as usual, and an assist, a solid performance and being involved in a 4-0 win isn't good enough for some of the bitter members of the board.

Give the lad a chance this year and put the knives away...

Proving us both wrong from the earlier thread. :lol:

Black = Not good enough for Heart of Midlothian FC and never will be imo.

On the evidence so far I agree. Seemed to spend most of the day on his jaxi brushed off the ball by Skelton.

Hoped for better from the guy but just not happening.

I think Black looks to struggle as he is coveriing a lot for Rubens inability to stay in shape, Rubens failure to be able to win tackes or find a Hearts player at a distance of more than about 5m.

I think Black looks to struggle as he is coveriing a lot for Rubens inability to stay in shape, Rubens failure to be able to win tackes or find a Hearts player at a distance of more than about 5m.

Ah, so it's all Ruben's fault... :whistling:

Great result though.

[/quote

AGREE WITH THIS POST TOTALLY. 4 0 AWAY FROM HOME AGAINST ANYONE IS A GOOD RESULT BUT OUR TEAM IS SADLY LACKING IN THE CENTRE OF MIDFIELD. THE TWO PLAYING TODAY, ESPECIALLY BLACK WERE LARGELY ANONYMOUS. HE NEVER PLAYED A TELLING PASS IN THE WHOLE GAME. I ALSO WORRY THAT EVEYONE IS THINKING RYAN STEVENSON IS GOING TO BE THE ANSWER TO OUR MIDFIELD PROBLEMS AS HE HAS JUST MADE THE STEP UP AND ALTHOUGH LOOKS A GOOD PROSPECT WILL NEED TIME. IF WE ARE TO BE SUCCESFULL THIS SEASON WE NEED A CENTRAL MIDFIELD PLAYER IN BEFORE THIS WINDOW CLOSES.

were you at the game today or following the progress on jkb? :lol:

Neither...I watched it on ESPN. :thumbsup:

Guess I'm not as loyal to the cause as you. :whistling:

Archived