Feeder Clubs

salvo69

Boateng signs for Genoa then is loaned to AC Milan straight away with the option to buy!! Why do teams like AC Milan not buy him outright?

It is very similar to Hearts buying via Kaunas. If AC Milan can do it can't Hearts?

It's like pulling a stunning bird just for her to tell you she is away to sleep with your mate and will probably get married (surely how Genoa feel?)

Boateng signs for Genoa then is loaned to AC Milan straight away with the option to buy!! Why do teams like AC Milan not buy him outright?

It is very similar to Hearts buying via Kaunas. If AC Milan can do it can't Hearts?

It's like pulling a stunning bird just for her to tell you she is away to sleep with your mate and will probably get married (surely how Genoa feel?)

I think Milan do it so that if he turns out not to be good enough for them he will go back to Genoa, where he should be good enough. If he is good enough for Milan then they have first option to buy him. Either way it is more secure as they are not risking signing a dud player, or risking letting a good one get away.

Hearts do do this. I think our problem is that our feeder clubs are owned/financed by the same person/organisation as us. That means that the risk is not really shared out between two parties. If players come on trial with us and do not cut it then the can go back to Kaunas, but they are still on the Romanov pay roll.

As for Genoa, they'll get a fair bit of cash from Milan on a yearly basis, as well as getting to loan promising youth players or fringe squad members. I would imagine they do ok out of the deal.

Genoa are definitely not Milan's feeder club. They have made a few big money high profile signings themselves this summer including Portugese no.1 Eduardo and Luca Toni. The signing of Boateng is a unique situation whereby Milan have several high profile stars in the last year of their contracts and are unsure of what their playing budget will be for next season.

...a bit disco

I wonder if the Kaunas fans get excited when they get Hearts duds :)

Would love to read what they think on Kaunaskickback :D

Captain_Peacock

I think Chelsea & Partick Thistle had an arrangment in the mid 80's. Not sure that turned out so well.

linkin- hearts

I think Chelsea & Partick Thistle had an arrangment in the mid 80's. Not sure that turned out so well.

If it's still in place we might see Drogba at Firhill soon:lol:

Drylaw Hearts

Transfers like this should not be allowed.

How can a much small team like Genoa sign a player then send him on loan to Milan straight away ?

It's just wrong.

Captain_Peacock

If it's still in place we might see Drogba at Firhill soon:lol:

Don't hold your breath, finished when KB sold his Partick Thistle shares I think.

Archived