More Problems With Manufactured United's Debt

Therapist

Sterling Archer

Seems the interest rate charged on some of the Glazer's loans has just been ratcheted up by 200 basis points, costing them an additional ?13 million per annum. Tremendous news. :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.u...utd/8931026.stm

Happy about the misfortune of others? Never :o

Happy about the misfortune of others?

I'm not happy, I'm delighted. It won't be long before this soul less club and it's diddy fans are brought crashing back down to earth. Tick tock..... :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

I'm not happy, I'm delighted. It won't be long before this soul less club and it's diddy fans are brought crashing back down to earth. Tick tock..... :thumbsup:

While I agree with this I also appreciate the irony in your comment.

rudi must stay

Seems the interest rate charged on some of the Glazer's loans has just been ratcheted up by 200 basis points, costing them an additional ?13 million per annum. Tremendous news. :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8931026.stm

More ammunition for the opposition I suppose. That's nothing to them though, apparently they make ?5 million

every single home game..

Man Utd may have sold their soul, but they at least haven't attempted to buy one.

Sterling Archer

Man Utd may have sold their soul, but they at least haven't attempted to buy one.

Drummer won't be happy till there's only one soul-less club and one set of diddy fans in the EPL.

I have never liked Manchester celtic

Yes, they truly are a club with horrible fans just like Celtic.

Fans that are against the owners of the club and constantly show this by wearing those pathetic scarves, yet they are quite happy to bask in their glory. Fans that are hypocrites.

Pathetic scarves? Those are the original colors dumbass.

Try and do some research before posting drivel, what's all this crap about horrible fans? Utd have some of the best fans going. Look at how many go to Europe for example.

Pathetic scarves? Those are the original colors

Green and gold. Enough said. :rolleyes:

MacDonald Jardine

Green and gold implies what?

I suspect you know.

One of the original suggestions for a name was Manchester Celtic.

I suspect you know.

You suspected wrong sir.

"Manchester United was formed in 1878 as Newton Heath LYR Football Club by the Carriage and Wagon department of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway depot at Newton Heath.[12] The team initially played games against other departments and rail companies, but by 1888 the club had become a founding member of The Combination, a regional football league. However, following the league's dissolution after just one season, Newton Heath joined the newly formed Football Alliance, which ran for three seasons before being merged with the Football League. This resulted in the club starting the 1892?93 season in the First Division, by which time it had become independent of the rail company and dropped the "LYR" from its name.[12] After just two seasons, the club was relegated to the Second Division.[12]"

A suggestion is just that- a suggestion, facts and suggestions are not the same.

So, lets go back to the question- Green and gold implies what?

alwaysthereinspirit

I suspect you know.

What are you like nearly 12 years old?

MacDonald Jardine

You suspected wrong sir.

"Manchester United was formed in 1878 as Newton Heath LYR Football Club by the Carriage and Wagon department of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway depot at Newton Heath.[12] The team initially played games against other departments and rail companies, but by 1888 the club had become a founding member of The Combination, a regional football league. However, following the league's dissolution after just one season, Newton Heath joined the newly formed Football Alliance, which ran for three seasons before being merged with the Football League. This resulted in the club starting the 1892?93 season in the First Division, by which time it had become independent of the rail company and dropped the "LYR" from its name.[12] After just two seasons, the club was relegated to the Second Division.[12]"

A suggestion is just that- a suggestion, facts and suggestions are not the same.

So, lets go back to the question- Green and gold implies what?

Sorry you're right: it wasn't the original name:

"John Henry Davies became the club president, and on 28 April 1902, given that the team now had few ties with its origins; it was not longer based in Newton Heath, the new owners renamed the club Manchester United Football Club, after considering the alternate names "Manchester Celtic" and "Manchester Central". They also changed the team's colours to red and white."

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=K4UUpTP1xTsC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=Manchester+United+%2BCatholic&source=bl&ots=nqB7Uoff00&sig=Bi7-Gy07Q_FRd7Emw8iaoFHH3eQ&hl=en&ei=oN1uTN75EtWR4gary9GXCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=Manchester%20United%20%2BCatholic&f=false

"John Henry Davies became the club president, and on 28 April 1902, given that the team now had few ties with its origins; it was not longer based in Newton Heath, the new owners renamed the club Manchester United Football Club, after considering the alternate names "Manchester Celtic" and "Manchester Central". They also changed the team's colours to red and white."

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=K4UUpTP1xTsC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=Manchester+United+%2BCatholic&source=bl&ots=nqB7Uoff00&sig=Bi7-Gy07Q_FRd7Emw8iaoFHH3eQ&hl=en&ei=oN1uTN75EtWR4gary9GXCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=Manchester%20United%20%2BCatholic&f=false

Game, set and match to Mac. :lol:

And now that I'm right on the name part, what does green and gold imply? I'm still looking for what a "rollseyes" mean followed by "exactly" and of course " I suspect you know."

Can't be Celtic related, so what is it?

:lol:

You need to sort your PMs out. I have some news for you that may be of interest. :whistling:

Not impressed by the author's research.

'Celtic are virtually the only Scottish team that could command the support of Scottish Catholics' :geek:

Some people need to get over their obsession with all things Catholic and Irish. This is the 21st century. <_<

Not impressed by the author's research.

'Celtic are virtually the only Scottish team that could command the support of Scottish Catholics' :geek:

I agree 100% Dave. The author has overlooked Hivernian and Dungdeh Hivernian which would be the fallback position for the bigots.

Guest jambomickey

You need to sort your PMs out. I have some news for you that may be of interest. :whistling:

i'll try sorting them just now.

Back on topicwhistling.gif i hope Manchester Hibernian go bust and they have to form a new little team called AFC Newton Heath, at least they will get to wear their green and gold scarves.boak.gif

Seymour M Hersh

Coming from a fan of the Kings Rd Russians that's pretty funny.

http://news.bbc.co.u...utd/8931026.stm

Do you never get bored with Trolling on this site??

I know you do it because you won't get away with your Rascist and bigoted bile you post on your other forum (maybe you would, the Mods seem to let you away with quite alot on here!!) FFS gie it a rest...Get back to your Fantasy posts were you Lie about your Fantastic lifestyle!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your cooperation. :thumbsup:

Maroon is the Colour!

I P Knightley

And now that I'm right on the name part, what does green and gold imply? I'm still looking for what a "rollseyes" mean followed by "exactly" and of course " I suspect you know."

Can't be Celtic related, so what is it?

elephany.jpg

The elephant in the room says, "There's a slight chance, according to which research you follow, that in the very dim and distant past, the antecedants of the current Manchester United Football Club may have some vague Roman Catholic links. This displeases some people."

Seymour M Hersh

elephany.jpg

The elephant in the room says, "There's a slight chance, according to which research you follow, that in the very dim and distant past, the antecedants of the current Manchester United Football Club may have some vague Roman Catholic links. This displeases some people."

Actually there is quite a strong RC link to manure. Demento is their first Proddy manager since the war. And a load of other stuff as well. Not that it matters of course.

Some folk on here think LFC are an RC club even though they were founded by an orangeman and the first team that took the field had 8 orangemen playing.

Both are easy targets for certain ignorant "traditionalists".

Same routine as always. Organ grinder plays a tune, and the monkeys come out to dance. Thread after thread after thread. Starts of innocent enough, stays on topic for a post or two, then degenerates and twists into the topic that our world traveling business tycoon itches to spout off about most of all. The vague references and innuendoes are played out time and time again, dancing on the edges of what is acceptable, and when it comes close to attracting the attention of the mods- it stops, only to start again in the next thread.

I P Knightley

Same routine as always. Organ grinder plays a tune, and the monkeys come out to dance. Thread after thread after thread. Starts of innocent enough, stays on topic for a post or two, then degenerates and twists into the topic that our world traveling business tycoon itches to spout off about most of all. The vague references and innuendoes are played out time and time again, dancing on the edges of what is acceptable, and when it comes close to attracting the attention of the mods- it stops, only to start again in the next thread.

Aaah, but he's too cowardly to actually spout off his views as he might really like to.

Personally I think it's a damn shame that the previous owners have dumped them with the Glasers( sp )

Man U may attract resentment due to their success but it's hardly a get rich quick story is it?

Also what about the yo-yo years they suffered before SAF really put them back on the map. I bet there were plenty fans like you and me having to endure those times?

Shame the penny hasn't dropped with the rest of the board :angry: but its getting more obvious how big a bigoted section we have on JKB.

Tell me guys like this are a very small majority over there?

I can't see them getting much oxygen apart from on sites like this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Actually there is quite a strong RC link to manure. Demento is their first Proddy manager since the war. And a load of other stuff as well. Not that it matters of course.

Some folk on here think LFC are an RC club even though they were founded by an orangeman and the first team that took the field had 8 orangemen playing.

Both are easy targets for certain ignorant "traditionalists".

Hate to be pedantic, but Big Ron was the first Protestant manager of United since Sir Matt, not Sir Alex.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Manufactured Clubs

Taken from The Football Grounds of Great Britain

Imagine the furore today if a wealthy businessman were to construct a 70,000 capacity stadium in a residential area, and then not only create his own football club from scratch but also persuade the League to grant it membership before a single ball had been kicked.

Yes, London's 3rd biggest club is a manufactured outfit (some might even call it a franchise) and only exists because the Mears family couldn't persuade Fulham to move in.

Manufactured Clubs

Taken from The Football Grounds of Great Britain

Imagine the furore today if a wealthy businessman were to construct a 70,000 capacity stadium in a residential area, and then not only create his own football club from scratch but also persuade the League to grant it membership before a single ball had been kicked.

Yes, London's 3rd biggest club is a manufactured outfit (some might even call it a franchise) and only exists because the Mears family couldn't persuade Fulham to move in.

Geoff that is a brilliant bit of info maybe it will shut a few up. Good work :thumbsup:

Big G Clean your PM's out bud :teehee:

Geoff that is a brilliant bit of info maybe it will shut a few up. Good work :thumbsup:

Big G Clean your PM's out bud :teehee:

Cleaned oot the PM's :thumbsup:

See if you can guess my impression:

" I noticed the green bus :whistling: "

" Know exactly what you mean, I remember in 1974, Sunderland played the "green" team back then :rolleyes: "

Thundercats Are Go

FFS the constant cyber stalking of therapists posts are tedious at best. If you dont like him put him on ignore or dont read his posts, the constant need to spoil any thread of his or almost any thread he posts on is a joke. Dont like him? dont read his posts. I hate the mancs and am glad to read about anything that harms them, cant be bothered with the keyboard warriors constantly having their cyber digs. Grow up.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm loving the manure back slapping and high fiving each other on this thread, shite sticks together eh? :D

Manure have had links with Celtic for years, get over it :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

FFS the constant cyber stalking of therapists posts are tedious at best. If you dont like him put him on ignore or dont read his posts, the constant need to spoil any thread of his or almost any thread he posts on is a joke. Dont like him? dont read his posts. I hate the mancs and am glad to read about anything that harms them, cant be bothered with the keyboard warriors constantly having their cyber digs. Grow up.

Rag week? :lol:

Are you Therapist? I can only assume you are, otherwise, go and read the first five or six posts, and tell us were the thread got derailed.

Thundercats Are Go

Are you Therapist? I can only assume you are, otherwise, go and read the first five or six posts, and tell us were the thread got derailed.

Your a big boy, im sure ul work it out for yourself.

read the them, still can't see which post your referring to, care to enlighten us?

Archived