Scotland U19S V Malta U19S

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Was anyone aware that Hearts had thre players away with the Scotland U19 Squad earlier this week? It appears that we had Scott Robinson, Jamie Walker and Jason Holt in the squad for a double header.

Well deserved for the 3 of them BTW

From the SFA Website:

Under 19 International Challenge Matches

Scotland v Malta (CLOSED DOORS)

Cappielow Park, Greenock

16 & 18 August 2010

The following players have been selected to attend the above -

Goalkeepers

Jordan Archer Tottenham Hotspur

Christopher Kettings Blackpool

Marc McCallum Dundee United

Defenders

Keiran Brennan Celtic

Darren Cole Rangers

Kieran Duffie Falkirk

Fraser Kerr Birmingham City

Jordan Lowdon Celtic

Rhys McCabe Rangers

Scott Smith Hibernian

Lewis Toshney Celtic

Midfielders

Stuart Armstrong Dundee United

Fraser Fyvie Aberdeen

Jason Holt Heart of Midlothian

James Keatings Celtic

Callum McGregor Celtic

Graeme McGregor Bolton Wanderers

Cameron Park Middlesbrough

Jamie Pollock Motherwell

Clark Robertson Aberdeen

Scott Robinson Heart of Midlothian

Jamie Walker Heart of Midlothian

Forwards

Dale Hilson Dundee United

Mitchel Megginson Aberdeen

Stephen Reynolds St Johnstone

Greig Spence Celtic

Footballfirst

Typical lol.

Even more typical that the Hearts official site doesn't even acknowledge when their own youth players get international recognition.

Good on them. Nice to see Jason get quoted. He's on 16 is he not?

Interesting to see Jamie listed as a midfielder. I also saw the other day when talking about Robinson that you, FF, stated that we have a strong midfield with him, Jamie, Smith, Morton and Prychnenko (I think that was the 5)

Is Jamie seen very much as a midfielder now? Shame, really. Not if it's his best position of course, but it just would be nice to produce a top forward! I guess we need to look younger than them for the next academy forward? (Assuming Ogleby the only real striker in the u19s now).

Also, while i'm at it, is Danny T too old for U19s now?

Charlie-Brown

Good on them. Nice to see Jason get quoted. He's on 16 is he not?

Interesting to see Jamie listed as a midfielder. I also saw the other day when talking about Robinson that you, FF, stated that we have a strong midfield with him, Jamie, Smith, Morton and Prychnenko (I think that was the 5)

Is Jamie seen very much as a midfielder now? Shame, really. Not if it's his best position of course, but it just would be nice to produce a top forward! I guess we need to look younger than them for the next academy forward? (Assuming Ogleby the only real striker in the u19s now).

Also, while i'm at it, is Danny T too old for U19s now?

IBH when Jamie Walker played in the U15 & U17 he usually played right wing or up front with those teams the formation was always a simple 4-4-2 however in the U19's the play some 4-5-1 variations although FF or JiG could tell you if it is 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 etc anyway i suspect that it is Jamie Walker on the right wing and Davie Smith or Jordan Morton on the left wing with Denys Prychynenko, Scott Robinson and Jason Holt playin thru the middle with either Ogleby or D.Smith up front.

Yes Danny Thomson along with G.Smith, Balatoni, Deland, Woods, D.McGowan, Lyness are all too old for the U19 this year.

IBH when Jamie Walker played in the U15 & U17 he usually played right wing or up front with those teams the formation was always a simple 4-4-2 however in the U19's the play some 4-5-1 variations although FF or JiG could tell you if it is 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 etc anyway i suspect that it is Jamie Walker on the right wing and Davie Smith or Jordan Morton on the left wing with Denys Prychynenko, Scott Robinson and Jason Holt playin thru the middle with either Ogleby or D.Smith up front.

Yes Danny Thomson along with G.Smith, Balatoni, Deland, Woods, D.McGowan, Lyness are all too old for the U19 this year.

Cheers CB. Realised about the others but for some reason though Danny just sneaked in.

A well, as long as Jamie does well in A position then good-oh!

jamboinglasgow

SFA haven't even updated the score on the website yet :rolleyes:

tbh if its a closed door game I doubt they will. For them its more a training match so they may well consider a result irrelevant.

Archived