Other Hearts Forums

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

The past week or so has seen a lot of people talk about other forums of HMFC. Are we going to have daily links to them a la h**s.net because it's a waste of bandwidth on here?

EDIT: I would also point out that I'm not a member of any other HMFC forum.

The past week or so has seen a lot of people talk about other forums of HMFC. Are we going to have daily links to them a la h**s.net because it's a waste of bandwidth on here?

different strokes for different folks :whistling:

Johanes de Silentio

different strokes for different folks :whistling:

One forum's more than enough for me - anyway, the forum that has been referred to seems to be a free-for-all for poofs, heidless horses, and lesbians - not to mention religious/racist bigots, and Chelsea fans, so **** them - **** them hard! :thumbsup:

Thread closing in 3...2..1..

With all due respect, give it a rest, Geoff. This is JKB. What happens on here is governed by the powers that be. What happens elsewhere shouldn't really be of any remote concern.

David

With all due respect, give it a rest, Geoff. This is JKB. What happens on here is governed by the powers that be. What happens elsewhere shouldn't really be of any remote concern.

David

Sorry if i'm being dense but was that not what geoff was saying that he doesn't give a feck and that to post the links is just a waste of bandwidth

Sorry if i'm being dense but was that not what geoff was saying that he doesn't give a feck and that to post the links is just a waste of bandwidth

You're not being remotely dense, mate.

All I was saying is that what happens on other forums is really no concern on here, tbh. And it seems like a waste to drag up a thinly-veiled dig. And that's not meant as a put-down of you, Geoff either - you're a terrific poster. I just don't see the point of threads like this.

Some of us like CFC, some don't. Some of us are more "traditional", some aren't. There are some exceptionally erudite types on here that are not the little ned Unionist variety. It strikes me that this place lapses in to "The Crucible" territory sometimes.

Geoff Kilpatrick

David, I think we're in violent agreement. I don't think this board should concern itself with anything other than what is on here, shite or otherwise.

David, I think we're in violent agreement. I don't think this board should concern itself with anything other than what is on here, shite or otherwise.

Amen, my friend.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

We should make tee-shirts with "Jambos Kickback" on them... that would look pretty cool.

Great idea, I will wear one.

I love JKB.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Or get people do design them on photoshop first. :thumbsup:

Great idea, I will wear one.

I love JKB.

picard.gif?w=384&h=256

"... make it so... "

Totally agree Geoff, waste of bandwidth linking and referring to other forums!

Just don't see the relevance is to JKB what someone who has the same username as a jkb user posts on another forum!

There has been a recent upsurge in people taking abuse for posts on another forum and in all honesty I couldn't give a flying wotsit what someone says on another forum, if they make posts on JKB that are offensive and against the rules then I'm sure Dex and Uly etc won't be slow in letting them know!

If other forums don't have censures relating to racist or bigotted comments then I would suggest those who find such comments offensive avoid reading said forum instead of trawling it so they can run back here to have a winge!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's ****ing pathetic.

How do people cope in the real world if they get this destroyed by words on a screen that are of no relevance to them? I'd hate to see them in the pub. I heard a racist joke in the pub yesterday infact, laughed as well. :o

It's ****ing pathetic.

How do people cope in the real world if they get this destroyed by words on a screen that are of no relevance to them? I'd hate to see them in the pub. I heard a racist joke in the pub yesterday infact, laughed as well. :o

Straight to hell, partridge, straight to hell

I dont doubt the intent of those trying to expose the bigotted and racist views of people on this board , however trawling through the cyber world to do so, taking the things written elsewhere as gospel and ignoring the posts made here is witch burning by selective reasoniing.

Having never met these people in person i have no way of saying if they are indeed racists or bigots,if they are then they are indeed narrow minded and pathetic, but until those views are exposed as theyre true feelings i will reserve my judgement.

Interesting...here are the proboards forum rules...

Be a shame if it got shut down... :whistling:

why would you want the board shut down?

would it not be better for all if the posters remained on that particular board instead of possibly coming over/back to KB??

would it not be better for all if the posters remained on that particular board instead of possibly coming over/back to KB??

Almost all of them are IP banned so it wouldn't be an issue.

shaun.lawson

Correct. :Agree:

While I agree completely with The Teacher's point of view on what goes on on this other board, all his numerous posts have done this week is give it free publicity: whereby its membership has rocketed! Which may be no bad thing - because it may gradually cleanse this forum of its more objectionable viewpoints.

I would caution The Teacher to stop being so relentless when Mr Blue is the Colour posts on here though. His approach will lose him support in the long run. Online, as with anywhere else, you have to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. :ninja:

Correct. :Agree:

While I agree completely with The Teacher's point of view on what goes on on this other board, all his numerous posts have done this week is give it free publicity: whereby its membership has rocketed! Which may be no bad thing - because it may gradually cleanse this forum of its more objectionable viewpoints.

I would caution The Teacher to stop being so relentless when Mr Blue is the Colour posts on here though. His approach will lose him support in the long run. Online, as with anywhere else, you have to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. :ninja:

I appreciate what you're saying shaun.

It has brought that site publicity (a fact which they are celebrating. Apparently I'm a "top bloke" :teehee: ) but it has also outed a couple of posters who have made it clear they would prefer to join the dark side.

I understand your advice re. Mr Blue. Give him enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself.

I appreciate what you're saying shaun.

It has brought that site publicity (a fact which they are celebrating. Apparently I'm a "top bloke" :teehee: ) but it has also outed a couple of posters who have made it clear they would prefer to join the dark side.

I understand your advice re. Mr Blue. Give him enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself.

I thought you'd agreed to shut up? He's no concern of yours if you don't want to him to be, for goodness sake. It's really very unbecoming behaviour. Please leave all our threads in peace mate, without this ridiculous one-man crusade.

I thought you'd agreed to shut up? He's no concern of yours if you don't want to him to be, for goodness sake. It's really very unbecoming behaviour. Please leave all our threads in peace mate, without this ridiculous one-man crusade.

Fair enough comment regarding other threads and I have apologised for taking them off topic but this is a thread about other hearts forums so surely I am staying on topic here?

Fair enough comment regarding other threads and I have apologised for taking them off topic but this is a thread about other hearts forums so surely I am staying on topic here?

At least that stupid sig line has now gone........

shaun.lawson

Except he was agreeing with me. Think your response wasn't at all fair TBH. :mellow:

Except he was agreeing with me. Think your response wasn't at all fair TBH. :mellow:

I think it was an entirely fair response, Shaun.

Radioactive Mince

Beyond ridiculous, isn't it?

Well... Seeing as you've asked me a question I feel duty-bound to answer...

I have no idea what the fuss is all about here. I will take this opportunity to point out that I have not been on here for a good few days and that I've had a bottle of Riesling and a few Brandys.

I just wonder sometimes, in all seriousness, just how (in)significant internet forums actually are. I'm not knocking this or other forums, BTW, just frequently wonder what the **** is going on with the world, and this manifests itself in my slightly arsey posts.

Cheers.

shaun.lawson

I have no idea what the fuss is all about here. I will take this opportunity to point out that I have not been on here for a good few days and that I've had a bottle of Riesling and a few Brandys.

I just wonder sometimes, in all seriousness, just how (in)significant internet forums actually are. I'm not knocking this or other forums, BTW, just frequently wonder what the **** is going on with the world, and this manifests itself in my slightly arsey posts.

Cheers.

They're very insignificant, I agree. But they also have many similar aspects to any social forum, ie. a pub. So people have mates they chat with, banter they indulge in, wind-ups they engage in, routines they're used to; and if someone crosses the line, there's a collective intake of breath, and occasional paggers can follow. But in the great scheme of things, they don't matter in the slightest.

Radioactive Mince

They're very insignificant, I agree. But they also have many similar aspects to any social forum, ie. a pub. So people have mates they chat with, banter they indulge in, routines they're used to; and if someone crosses the line, there's a collective intake of breath. But in the great scheme of things, they don't matter in the slightest.

In a pub, (well the ones where I come from) you'd get your totties for being a dick, almost guaranteed. It's the facelessness and ultimate security of internet forums (fora?) that make them what they are. Turn them into social networking sites, and something bad could happen, as everybody's traceable to an extent.

The weird thing about comparing pubs to internet chatrooms/forums is there's a fundamental difference. In public houses, you judge people on what they're wearing; how they're talking; who they're with. If you don't like the cut of their jib, you can simply ignore them and discuss the barmaid's stiff nipples with your mates. On forums etc, you are forced to read some of the most inane drivel going and, in turn, are forcing yours on others too. It's like intellectual rape, but what can I say, I'm institutionalised.

shaun.lawson

In a pub, (well the ones where I come from) you'd get your totties for being a dick, almost guaranteed. It's the facelessness and ultimate security of internet forums (fora?) that make them what they are. Turn them into social networking sites, and something bad could happen, as everybody's traceable to an extent.

The weird thing about comparing pubs to internet chatrooms/forums is there's a fundamental difference. In public houses, you judge people on what they're wearing; how they're talking; who they're with. If you don't like the cut of their jib, you can simply ignore them and discuss the barmaid's stiff nipples with your mates. On forums etc, you are forced to read some of the most inane drivel going and, in turn, are forcing yours on others too. It's like intellectual rape, but what can I say, I'm institutionalised.

Oh no you're not - in either case actually. And while there can be considerable twattishness on here, there's a massive amount of good, decent people too.

Radioactive Mince

Oh no you're not - in either case actually. And while there can be considerable twattishness on here, there's a massive amount of good, decent people too.

Okay, it's obvious nobody's being 'forced' to read anything in particular, but a by-product of reading whole threads is 40% gash. I'm cool with that and, hey, if there are other Hearts forums out there (and bear in mind I have no idea what has pissed Geoff off so much - but could take a guess) where folk are posting in an embarrassing manner, then they are simply letting themselves down; nobody else.

PS - Dunno how to take your last post really. Could take it as you being complimentary or sparking debate. The things I can never gauge on forums etc, without the aid of bolds, italics, capitals, smileys, or simply 'knowing the poster', are context and sarcasm.

shaun.lawson

Okay, it's obvious nobody's being 'forced' to read anything in particular, but a by-product of reading whole threads is 40% gash. I'm cool with that and, hey, if there are other Hearts forums out there (and bear in mind I have no idea what has pissed Geoff off so much - but could take a guess) where folk are posting in an embarrassing manner, then they are simply letting themselves down; nobody else.

PS - Dunno how to take your last post really. Could take it as you being complimentary or sparking debate. The things I can never gauge on forums etc, without the aid of bolds, italics, capitals, smileys, or simply 'knowing the poster', are context and sarcasm.

I certainly don't think you've been guilty of any such twattishness, Freddy. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can't say I'm pissed off. I just think it is of no interest to anyone on here whether our wannabe Simon Wiesenthal succeeds in his mission, whatever that is.

Radioactive Mince

Can't say I'm pissed off. I just think it is of no interest to anyone on here whether our wannabe Simon Wiesenthal succeeds in his mission, whatever that is.

The plot thickens. I may as well be on Vanuatu with a spoon, a single matchstick and a can of spam.

Maybe, in the morning, I will understand the correlation between Nazi-hunting and kickback but, for now, I am well and truly up shit creek without a babywipe.

I bid you all goodnight.

Cheers.

I don't think you get any more remotely arsey than me on occasions! All seems to be the proverbial storm in a tea cup. Each to their own and all that...

David

Guest GhostHunter

Just as there is Kickback, there are other Hearts forums.

We do what we do, and they do what they do.

As is the case all over the internet - some forums enjoy a more liberal view of topics and language, however Kickback has it's rules that you all agree to by joining and subsequently, posting.

Failure to adhere to those rules, usually attracts the attention of the Admin and Mods, who will in turn, act according to those rules.

But, as others say, there are other Hearts forums out there.

I can't wait until the schools go back.

What...so they all get free access to post "Big Zal...never a Captain" material?

I can't wait, either.

monkfish1979

Folk being offended probably has a fair bit to do with the fact that it isn't said face to face. I've heard a fair bit of racist "banter" in the pub - the funniest part of which is that you can see who spoke.

They are always utterly contemptible. Often, they look borderline retarded, and they are almost never capable of stringing a coherent sentence together unless it's some sort of moronic slogan.

Rangers fans in other words.

I would like to think that Hearts fans are better than that.

As for other forums, I was only aware of the existence of one of the other Hearts ones, but there is something a bit wrong with coming on an internet forum in order to start a forum topic about another forum that serves the same purpose as the forum you're posting on, but has pissed you off in some way...

As for other forums, I was only aware of the existence of one of the other Hearts ones, but there is something a bit wrong with coming on an internet forum in order to start a forum topic about another forum that serves the same purpose as the forum you're posting on, but has pissed you off in some way...

If you read that back, that's probably one of the best sentences ever on here...:lol:

And once I'd reached the end, I totally agree.

I can't wait until the schools go back.

It would be the finest troll of all if Therapist turned out to be 13. :teehee:

People being racist on the internet is hardly new; it's just a bit laughable when they don't have enough courage in their convictions to stand up for their views when challenged.

Two pages of one forum talking about another forum, and then judging said forum by what gets said on this forum.

Kinda like two guys planning on starting a business, and then firing each other before they have even started it.

It would be the finest troll of all if Therapist turned out to be 13. :teehee:

I doant go to sekundary skool until nextt yeer. :lol:

Archived