To Lose A Goal Like That Is Unforgivable

Craigieboy

Straight from kick off.

I mean, wtf can you say? Less than two minutes just to concentrate & take the lead into the second half which makes everyone more at ease & keeps the players under much less pressure.

The defense all at sea. No wonder the keeper was giving them pelters.

New season, same old ****ing shit.

rudi must stay

What happened for their goal? The radio seemed to almost miss it altogether.

just a simple cross and a goal. Their winger got passed Jason Thompson and their forward headed it in unmarked :(

Straight from kick off.

I mean, wtf can you say? Less than two minutes just to concentrate & take the lead into the second half which makes everyone more at ease & keeps the players under much less pressure.

Can't disagree with you, to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, one shot on target?

Players to come in from suspension etc but these guys on the park today should have done better, a lot better?

maroonlegions

Straight from kick off.

I mean, wtf can you say? Less than two minuts just to concentrate & take the lead into the second half which makes everyone more at ease & keeps the players under much less pressure.

I must admit i was "RAGING" in the true sense of "RAGING" when the smile on my face of us just taking the lead was rather rudely wiped off ones face.I take it, by your post, the goal was avoidable with nae defenders paying attention then.You are right though losing a goal straight from kick off is criminal and tends to show defenders/players not focusing correctly. Chin up though, a long way to go but i have a wee feeling that we will in time gel and win more games than we lose, starting with the first derby. :flag2:

Greedy_Jambo

Then they go down to 10 men and we deside to pass the ball about the defence!!!!

Darren barr kept passing across to zaliukas instead of getting it forward. Extremely frustrated.

I agree bad goal to lose, once Bouzid is back we should try playing Barr at right back . I said the other week we have to and should beat the likes of St J a home 2 points lost already.

Jason Thomson had a decent game other than giving their left winger way too much space to cross the ball.

Zaliukas then left their striker completely unmarked to score.

I liked the look of both of the St Johnstone strikers - McInnes seems to be able to find some decent players.

Jam Tarts 1874

There are many better teams than St. Johnstone in the league. If JJ doesn't get the defence sorted out we are going to get some hammerings.

Greedy_Jambo

There are many better teams than St. Johnstone in the league. If JJ doesn't get the defence sorted out we are going to get some hammerings.

The worrying thing is i thought our defending was better than our attacking play!!

We really do need that attacking midfielder that JJ has been banging on about.

I know we had a few people missing and kyle/elliot need more time but it just shows you that we don't have the backup needed to compete up the top end of the spl.

Thunderstruck

Doubtless Jason Thomson will be the scapegoat when the entire team was switched off congratulating themselves on the goal. The winger was very quick and will get past a lot of full backs that is why someone should have been giving JT some support.

Their scoring header wasn't that strong a header and a keeper on the line would have had it easily but keeper an centre backs were in a right old fankle.

Jam Tarts 1874

The worrying thing is i thought our defending was better than our attacking play!!

We really do need that attacking midfielder that JJ has been banging on about.

I know we had a few people missing and kyle/elliot need more time but it just shows you that we don't have the backup needed to compete up the top end of the spl.

I agree, we were relying on Wallace, Templeton and Suso to try and set everything up today. We created nothing from midfield.

Baird, King and Michael

Straight from kick off.

It was a dead cert we'd lose a goal like that today.

No clean sheets in pre-season and a defence that has not dealt with cross balls against Dunfermline, Millwall, Wolves or Blackburn. Barr might be better at right back but him and Zal clearly can't work together in the middle.

Greedy_Jambo

Paul Hartley scoring 3 goals for the sheep just tops the day off eh.

Romanov is a waste of space at times.

Paul Hartley scoring 3 goals for the sheep just tops the day off eh.

Romanov is a waste of space at times.

I think we should worry about our own team rather than one we aren't playing imminently.

Lets concentrate on the players we have such as Kyle who impressed, and Calum Elliot and Wallace who had decent games.

If you can't defend properly then you don't win games. That is our problem, not Romanov.

Malinga the Swinga

Doubtless Jason Thomson will be the scapegoat when the entire team was switched off congratulating themselves on the goal. The winger was very quick and will get past a lot of full backs that is why someone should have been giving JT some support.

Their scoring header wasn't that strong a header and a keeper on the line would have had it easily but keeper an centre backs were in a right old fankle.

Could't disagree more. Kello never stood a chance with header, regardless of where he was standing. Sometimes keepers are balmeless for goals you know.

Greedy_Jambo

I think we should worry about our own team rather than one we aren't playing imminently.

Lets concentrate on the players we have such as Kyle who impressed, and Calum Elliot and Wallace who had decent games.

If you can't defend properly then you don't win games. That is our problem, not Romanov.

Sorry. I can't agree with this. We were easily the better team today. That was only one laps in concentration that cost us that goal. The defence was not that bad apart from that. It was the fact that we couldn't get another goal that was the problem.

If Hartley was playing today (for us) i think we would of scored more than 1 goal.

I know its easy to say that but the problem was clearly a lack of attacking/creative central midfielder.

Here is their goal. Jason should never be beaten on the wing and poor marking from Zali.

http://www.twitvid.com/GAKRD

Perhaps a little harsh on Zaliukas above.

On watching that clip - Barr is out of position after yet again losing a header and so Wallace and Zaliukas are left 3 on 2. Both Zaliukas and Wallace should have moved in one player each. So maybe Thomson and Wallace most to blame for the goal.

I don't think we have a good defence.

johnniejambo

Sorry. I can't agree with this. We were easily the better team today. That was only one laps in concentration that cost us that goal. The defence was not that bad apart from that. It was the fact that we couldn't get another goal that was the problem.

If Hartley was playing today (for us) i think we would of scored more than 1 goal.

I know its easy to say that but the problem was clearly a lack of attacking/creative central midfielder.

would we have got a penalty then

Looking at it again I can't blame Thomson, he was beaten for pace, the winger did well, no full back is going to beat every winger every time, he was tight enough on him, he was just beaten fair and square.

So you have to look at your centre halves who are standing rooted to the spot, looking at each other, looking about the place and neither closing down the striker nor attacking the ball. Their striker was bent over when he got his head to it, they should have been there, booting the ball away instead of standing about like a pair of gormless halfwits.

Kello's positioning was fine, can't really blame him either, it was a well placed header.

EDIT: Sorry it's not Barr and Zal it's Zal and Wallace, Barr for some inexplicable reason seems to duck out of a clearing header to allow the ball to pass him. Why would he do that? It looks like he could easily have headed it out for a corner, but chose to let Zal deal with it.

Greedy_Jambo

would we have got a penalty then

I know he scored 3 penalty's but his being there allowed alluko in particular to get forward and cause mayhem and win those penalty's.

Anyway...

Onwards and upwards.

I agree that we need a creative attacking midfielder. The transfer window has not yet closed.

However, of more concern is the abysmal defending of cross balls. I made a post on this issue last week - we were losing goals from crosses throughout pre-season.

If we don't defend better than we are doing, we will continue to lose and draw games regularly.

broxburnjambo1874

Why weren't Kyle and S.Elliott on for the start of the game?

Could of made a difference!!!

Why weren't Kyle and S.Elliott on for the start of the game?

I think Steven Elliot looked way short of match practice, and could do with a few bounce games.

Kyle is only just back from an Op, so you can't rush him.

Calum Elliot did not too bad. Out problems were at the back and lack of creativity in midfield.

Straight from kick off.

Yip, poor. At any level when a team scores the other team is always going to have a right pop after it. The team that scores can have a bad habit of relaxing right after a goal thinking the job is done....couldn`t be further from the truth.

To me, that 5 , 10 mins after a goal is very crucial. Its important you are up for it more than ever and ready to close down harder, tackle quicker , be more alert..etc....as the opposition are obviously going to up their game.

Rudolf's Mate

Perhaps a little harsh on Zaliukas above.

On watching that clip - Barr is out of position after yet again losing a header and so Wallace and Zaliukas are left 3 on 2. Both Zaliukas and Wallace should have moved in one player each. So maybe Thomson and Wallace most to blame for the goal.

I don't think we have a good defence.

watched it 6 times and several people are at fault however Zal looks as if he decides not to stick his head on it as it comes over. It's not as though the ball was far away from him either and as the last line of defence you expect your centre half to throw himself at anything!!!

I think Steven Elliot looked way short of match practice, and could do with a few bounce games.

Kyle is only just back from an Op, so you can't rush him.

Calum Elliot did not too bad. Out problems were at the back and lack of creativity in midfield.

I totally agree with the above post.

The correct selection in respect to Kyle and Elliot.

Please bear in mind that all the other players have had a full pre-season and quite frankly it was a complete bonus that Kyle and Elliot played today.

By the way I thought Kyle did well but Elliot requires games.

Greedy_Jambo

it,s only the first game of the season, the way some are going on you would think we were hammered today.

Its important to get off to a good start, especially at home.

I think we're all being Highly critical because its the same old story. We have better players than the other team, we have more of the ball than the other team.. yet we can't beat the other team!!!!

it,s only the first game of the season, the way some are going on you would think we were hammered today.

Get what your saying mate as we are only finding our way...... but what if its a draw next week? Ah, its only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th..game. I think every game deserves the same respect whether its the first or 38th game.

Greedy_Jambo

Hate to mention aberdeen again but they managed to win they're first game 4-0 and they're shite!

Guest jambomickey

Get what your saying mate as we are only finding our way...... but what if its a draw next week? Ah, its only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th..game. I think every game deserves the same respect whether its the first or 38th game.

st johnstone are no mugs mate, i think they,ll take plenty points off the other teams this season.

Guest jambomickey

Its important to get off to a good start, especially at home.

I think we're all being Highly critical because its the same old story. We have better players than the other team, we have more of the ball than the other team.. yet we can't beat the other team!!!!

football not played on paper.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thomson is utter guff. I was right infront of the byeline where he got torn up for arse paper and it was a pathetic piece of defending. Ginger cant.

Barr was just as bad in the centre. Dear oh dear.

ToadKiller Dog

Its been an obvious problem in the team for a while loosing stupid sloppy goals we will work on it i expect .

Patrick Bateman

Could have

Could have

Could have

The goal was a shocker but the side stepping by some over Zal's part in the goal in hilarious. JT got ripped for arse paper, Barr was struggling to get back and captain fantastic done his usual leave a cross for a unmarked No9 to head the ball into a empty net. Best defender in the SPL laugh.gif

It's the golden rule that your two centre halves have to now each others games well. That's just a lack of communication and awareness today. In time, once they've played beside each other more, I am confident they will be solid.

It's the golden rule that your two centre halves have to now each others games well. That's just a lack of communication and awareness today. In time, once they've played beside each other more, I am confident they will be solid.

Barr and Zaliukas will never be solid.

Barr is too small and Zaliukas too positionally indisciplined.

Seymour M Hersh

Yep, that's the very first time a team has scored then lost a goal within a minute. Aye never happened before.

Don't get me wrong I was really pissed off but please don't try and make it out that it's never happened to anyone else.

Archived