Toto

JamboAl

Malcolm Tucker

Things I like about Jambos Kickback No. 164.

The same question getting asked thousands of times.

Johanes de Silentio

Think JJ is quoted as saying he has recommended that we offer him something - I would imagine that would have to be approved by upstairs.

Some folk were saying a possible 6 month trial, others were saying 2 years - I think a one year deal would be fair - if it's approved - there's never any guarantee of that, though, si there?

Did I imagine this or was he not back in Cameroon because his father is ill?

That was why his career stalled at Metz, he unfortunatly passed away. Has taken the lad a bit time to recover but seems to be getting there now

Think that was the reason for his career stalling early on at Metz. :thumbsup:

I think that happened while he was at Metz! He came back at a bad time and seemed to have fallen out of their plans, thus him ending up here!

Edit: Ah, beaten to it by Cigaro!

Francis Albert

Looks to me like Hearts are trying to offload pitenweem and thus free up the wage for Toto?

Things I like about Jambos Kickback No. 165

Linking two almost certainly unrelated things and making very dodgy conclusions.

As an aside, it is ironic that people are having kittens about someone who has shown he can score against Penicuik Athletic but can't wait to see the back of someone who showed he can score at about four levels higher than that.

Linking two almost certainly unrelated things and making very dodgy conclusions.

As an aside, it is ironic that people are having kittens about someone who has shown he can score against Penicuik Athletic but can't wait to see the back of someone who showed he can score at about four levels higher than that.

I think it's all about potential, Toto has some, where as Witteveen has proven he's not good enough for us.

I agree.. I reckon we need Witeveen to go to free up the wages for Toto.. Its a pity as i cant see us getting rid of Witeveen

The Old Tolbooth

That was why his career stalled at Metz, he unfortunatly passed away. Has taken the lad a bit time to recover but seems to be getting there now

Think that was the reason for his career stalling early on at Metz. :thumbsup:

I think that happened while he was at Metz! He came back at a bad time and seemed to have fallen out of their plans, thus him ending up here!

Edit: Ah, beaten to it by Cigaro!

Ah right, thanks for that lads :thumbsup:

Hagar the Horrible

perhaps Toto sings about Africa:

The wild dogs cry out in the night

As they grow restless longing for some solitary company

I know that I must do what's right

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

Chorus

Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts

perhaps Toto sings about Africa:

The wild dogs cry out in the night

As they grow restless longing for some solitary company

I know that I must do what's right

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

Chorus

Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts

Murder polis...... imo.

heartsfc_fan

He was apparently at training yesterday (IIRC reading another thread yesterday afternoon).

Things you have failed to consider before slavering into the keyboard. 1 when a club is hit with debts a player generally has to leave for a new one to come in. Nade oot Eliott and Kyle in. 2 Jefferies has spotted that Toto has potential, now I'm sure you've won the league with hearts on champ man a few times and coached you're kids school team to a diddy cup but in reality you know hee haw so pipe down!

Hope your carer read that out to you nice and loud x

Marmeladent?rtchen

I recall someone saying he was still training with us yesterday. So he's still about.

See the training tread from yesterday for more details.

Guest JamboRobbo

Did the thought cross your mind to address FA's point about the hypocrisy of folk beating themselves into a frenzy over Toto while sharpening the picthforks for Elliot, before acting the bawsack?

Agree where he's coming from re the level Toto has shown form at. It's a long way from the SPL and Witeveen and Elliot have scored a few goals at a higher level than the level Toto scored at..

But there is one simple difference between Toto and Elliot and Witteveen.

Witteveen has proven he is not good enough at SPL level. Elliot has proven (time and again) he is not good enough at SPL level. Toto has not. Yet.

So I can understand people showing a bit of hope that a young player might turn out NOT to be as shite as Witteveen and Elliot.

Agree where he's coming from re the level Toto has shown form at. But there is one simple difference between Toto and Elliot and Witteveen.

Witteveen has proven he is not good enough at SPL level. Elliot has proven (time and again) he is not good enough at SPL level. Toto has not. Yet.

So I can understand people showing a bit of hope that a young player might turn out NOT to be as shite as Witteveen and Elliot.

well **** me senseless... i agree with this. quite a lot as it happens.

:ninja:

Did the thought cross your mind to address FA's point about the hypocrisy of folk beating themselves into a frenzy over Toto while sharpening the picthforks for Elliot, before acting the bawsack?

FA is a spot on poster who doesn't get mired into the wailing pathetic shite on JKB. I'd suggest you maybe act a bit more circumspect before jumping in with both feet and making a tit of yourself, eh.

Eliot wasn't mentioned at all mate... The point was Toto has proven himself at an amatuer level but Witenveen has proved himself at first division level. My point being that you have to release wages to bring in new players and that Jefferies knows how to spot a player more than us. Do you disagree?

Hagar the Horrible

i reckon he's somewhere over the rainbow. way up high IMO.

I thought it went "Somewhere over the rainbow, weigh a pie' :yucky:

I hear the drums echoing tonight!!!!

Agree where he's coming from re the level Toto has shown form at. It's a long way from the SPL and Witeveen and Elliot have scored a few goals at a higher level than the level Toto scored at..

What you say is correct and we should all be realistic here: we're talking about potential not the finished article.

Going by what has been said by respected posters who have seen him and the fact that JJ thinks there are possibilities of unearthing a gem I was wondering if anything has been happening in the 6 days since he last played because I doubt if the lad will hang around for too long in the absence of an offer. The last thing I would want is for him to come back and haunt us or be sold by another club for ?Xm that could have been ours.

linkin- hearts

If JJ gets his way, Toto will sign, hopefully for a 2 year deal so he can't be snatched on a pre-contract deal in January if he proves to be a decent aquisition. I, for one, am still prepared to trust the manager;s judgment as far as footballing talent is concerned.:thumbsup:

Cant really see it do with Witeeveens wages. Toto would surely be offered a very low starting wage and when you think we have offloaded Kingston, Nade, Stewart and Goncalves and only brought in Barr, Elliott and Kyle there must still an excess to offer Toto a deal. <_<

There is no way the 4 that have lefts wages will add up to the 3 we have brought in especially with there now being a cap on wages for all new signings. :ermm:

rudi must stay

Things seem to have gone quiet on the Toto front.

Does anyone know if we are following up on his signature?

not a rumour I've heard on anything but I think he's signed. JJ said he wanted to stop all the hype surrounding him, this would certainly stop some of that.

Rudolf's Mate

Things I like about Jambos Kickback No. 164.

The same question getting asked thousands of times.

Yes but when was the last time it was asked, as the op has clearly stated that he's not heard anything!

Rudolf's Mate

Think JJ is quoted as saying he has recommended that we offer him something - I would imagine that would have to be approved by upstairs.

Some folk were saying a possible 6 month trial, others were saying 2 years - I think a one year deal would be fair - if it's approved - there's never any guarantee of that, though, si there?

Fair point however what if the boy excels and come Jan is getting offers from bigger clubs? Bye, bye Toto for nowt and all we've managed to do is showcase his talent.

That's when he's not chasing four different women - Rosanna, Hollyanna, Melanie and Pamela. Could be the new Pinigol.

I heard he's busy blessing the rains down in Africa....:ermm:

JR chooses the eve of a new season to compose his best post for two years.

Thats a fecking omen and a half for me.

Totally agree.

CANT STAND IT ANY LONGER, as far as i am aware he has not gone back to AFRICA. Unless hes had a CHANGE OF HEART, and doesnt fancy being a STRANGER IN TOWN, mind you, and im talking STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART, i reckon hes been told by JJ that I WONT HOLD YOU BACK, IF YOU BELONG TO ME. So with any luck hes onboard the GYPSY TRAIN heading for the HOME OF THE BRAVE, which is great news,as hes a player who im sure will be able to HOLD THE LINE.

Johanes de Silentio

Is there something in the Caps that the enigma machine can pick up?

Song titles by Toto, I think.

Tommy Wiseau

JR chooses the eve of a new season to compose his best post for two years.

Thats a fecking omen and a half for me.

Totally agree.

Hehe. Not that I disagree with JR's post in any way, but I'd like to know what this mysterious post from two years ago was. Must be a belter if you've kept track of his subsequent attempts to better it. :laugh:

Hehe. Not that I disagree with JR's post in any way, but I'd like to know what this mysterious post from two years ago was. Must be a belter if you've kept track of his subsequent attempts to better it. :laugh:

Two years was a stab in the dark, probably being kind to him. However he shows signs of being through the worst of it and should be offered every support IMO

Tommy Wiseau

Two years was a stab in the dark, probably being kind to him. However he shows signs of being through the worst of it and should be offered every support IMO

:laugh:

God love him, he's a trier. Been on top posting form recently as well, imo.

Drylaw Hearts

I reckon this details of this potential signing are still lying on VR's big mahogany desk in his office in Kaunas.

He'll be trying to find a Lithuanian equivalent to Toto over the weekend.

IMO.

I reckon this details of this potential signing are still lying on VR's big mahogany desk in his office in Kaunas.

He'll be trying to find a Lithuanian equivalent to Toto over the weekend.

IMO.

If I'm honest I hope we're waiting to find out how much we're going to have to lay out for a first team starter before we add him in as the bonus ball. He's a good looking prospect but we really need an attacking midfielder and if we miss Toto because we had to push another boat out a bit further, then so be it.

Drylaw Hearts

If I'm honest I hope we're waiting to find out how much we're going to have to lay out for a first team starter before we add him in as the bonus ball. He's a good looking prospect but we really need an attacking midfielder and if we miss Toto because we had to push another boat out a bit further, then so be it.

As he appears to have been out of football for quite a while I don't think he'll be looking for much tbh.

Not a dig at you or anybody in particular, but I reckon he got it a bit too tight for "having an opinion". He was wrong at times but he was often spot on.

Anyhoo, less about posters and more about posts, I want Toto to get a chance.

I know why certain posters have urged caution but I will not temper my enthusiasm. This young lad has caught fans imagination and I will not apologise for being excited. I recognise that the concern is the reaction WHEN he fails to meet the huge expectation, but why should we temper the positive? Why not just temper the negative?

Guest jambomickey

caught the fans imagination scoring goals against junior teams! the very same fans will be on his back when he fails to meet there unfair expectations.

Tommy Wiseau

Not a dig at you or anybody in particular, but I reckon he got it a bit too tight for "having an opinion". He was wrong at times but he was often spot on.

Anyhoo, less about posters and more about posts, I want Toto to get a chance.

I know why certain posters have urged caution but I will not temper my enthusiasm. This young lad has caught fans imagination and I will not apologise for being excited. I recognise that the concern is the reaction WHEN he fails to meet the huge expectation, but why should we temper the positive? Why not just temper the negative?

:laugh:

Of course he did! OAG's post was a bit harsh on ol' JR, but it was tongue in cheek and worth a wee chuckle at least. I think my perspective on it is summed up best with a quote from the man himself... "credit where it's due, criticism where it's due." ;)

I want to see Toto get a bash as well, he seems to be worth giving a chance to over some of the guff that we already have here.

Archived