What Was That Plane?

hughesie27

I just heard it as I looked at this thread... I have no idea. Some sort of jet...

Just saw a jet flying over the city? Are we at war...

Could be first proper night of the Tattoo and they always do a fly over just as it starts, either that or we're at war!

Just about gave me a heart attack. Never saw it, but it will be for the Tattoo. Not that I know anything about Jets, but it didn't sound too healthy.

Could be first proper night of the Tattoo and they always do a fly over just as it starts, either that or we're at war!

Just about gave me a heart attack. Never saw it, but it will be for the Tattoo. Not that I know anything about Jets, but it didn't sound too healthy.

o-rly.jpg

Every year we have this thread about 5 times..

9pm there is a fly over at the Military Tattoo

wooosh

North Berwick Jambo

i watched them go past me in the pans 10 minutes ago & go straight up the forth towards the toon, right under the flightpath of the incoming holiday jets which looked weird. Anyway i thought all the 30 year old tornadoes were due to be replaced over a year ago with the eurofighter?

every night at 9pm, for the nesxt few weeks, be prepared to fill your trousers as we will be getting buzzed by these noise terrorists on a regular basis.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

This just went over my house, truly amazing and must be one of them modern things because is was really quiet !!

airpla10.jpg

i watched them go past me in the pans 10 minutes ago & go straight up the forth towards the toon, right under the flightpath of the incoming holiday jets which looked weird. Anyway i thought all the 30 year old tornadoes were due to be replaced over a year ago with the eurofighter?

43 Sqn disbanded last year but there's still 111 Squadron as the last Tornado F3 unit at Leuchars for just a few more weeks. Then 6 Squadron will replace them and become the first Typhoon unit at Leuchars. The GR4s at Lossiemouth will continue in service for a while yet.

every night at 9pm, for the nesxt few weeks, be prepared to fill your trousers as we will be getting buzzed by these noise terrorists on a regular basis.

Think i might start a new thread dedicated to tonights plane noise.

Guest GhostHunter

Picture the scene, you're walking down Castle Street just coming up to Princes St, when you bump into this...

red_dawn_mcdonalds.jpg

You go, "Hey guys, nice guns"...and rush home to post on Kickback...

"Lolz - Just Saw Some Ruskies - Are we Being Invaded ?" completely ignoring the first 2 threads in the Shed...

1. ???-????? ???? ????? ? ??????????????, ??????? ????? ???? ???????

2. # ?????? ?????????? ????? ?? ???????

And an Announcement at the top about Flag Debates - "?????? ?????? ? ???????? ??????????? ?? ???????????? ???????????. ???????? ????????? ? ???????? ??????? ?? ?????. ???? ??? ????????? ????????????."

Sheeshski

Picture the scene, you're walking down Castle Street just coming up to Princes St, when you bump into this...

red_dawn_mcdonalds.jpg

"Lolz - Just Saw Some Ruskies - Are we Being Invaded ?" completely ignoring the first 2 threads in the Shed...

And an Announcement at the top about Flag Debates - "?????? ?????? ? ???????? ??????????? ?? ???????????? ???????????. ???????? ????????? ? ???????? ??????? ?? ?????. ???? ??? ????????? ????????????."

Sheeshski

Are you allowed to refer to a flag?

Has this not been done before?

Awesome it's the annual random jet/tattoo thread :thumbsup:

groundhog_day.jpg

Is that a jet over Edinburgh Castle Groundhog?

I think I was the guilty thread starter last year...(or at least one of them!)

red_dawn_mcdonalds.jpg

Sheeshski

Easy Dex, you'll give the game away!

RussianRecruit.jpg

Gutted. There was on fly-past when I was at the tattoo on Monday night. Noisy or not, they are amazing machines.

This is your jet. We're being studied by... the saucer people - just like a man might study a bug through a microscope.

flying_saucer.jpg

Last year they usually had 2 tornado's every night but they'd somtimes have total ramdom planes like a herculese or something :)

1286996-C130_Hercules_Transport_Aircraft-Falkland_Islands.jpg

We're directly under its flight path and its a complete pain in the arse when you have a 1yr old daughter in her room trying to sleep, just to get woken up by a plane at 9pm then woken again by fireworks at midnight :down:

Archived