Vlad Complains Against Impaling Policy

Blindheart

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov has broken his silence on the record ?60,000 fine his club must pay for its poor disciplinary record in the last year. Lithuanian businessman Romanov in comments to top Russian football website www.fairfootball.ru declared: "After five years in Scottish football nothing can surprise me any more. They live in a virtual world created by monopolies. It's impossible to come up with any criticism or an initiative. One can somehow exist in that world but it is not for a decent person to live in."

Yet another gem from our Lithy Leader.Some may scorn his views but as is often the case he has a valid point. We have all witnessed some of the most appaling refereeing decisions made against Hearts in recent years and especially last year.Zaliuskas may not be an angel but the SFA certainly seems to have him as a target man for red cards. (Even the Tiny Tims complained last year!) I am convinced that the unwritten message has gone out to clamp down heavily on HMFC.This combined with ineptitude from the Match Officials has led to a great deal of victimisation.(Althouth Micky Stewart did not help the cause).

A club is punished severely by having their players banned for important games. A fine on the club is only applicable if that club is seen to be encouraging and aiding their players to play in such a manner. Hearts did not do this in any way. Thus we have been robbed of a substantial amount of money.This money deprives us of getting players and merely lines the pockets of the S F A Establishment. If we comlain we are fined yet again.(Catch 22)

Yes Vlad this is definitely not a decent way to behave. Thanks for sticking with us and not packing your bags and leaving us to the wolves.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov has broken his silence on the record ?60,000 fine his club must pay for its poor disciplinary record in the last year. Lithuanian businessman Romanov in comments to top Russian football website www.fairfootball.ru declared: "After five years in Scottish football nothing can surprise me any more. They live in a virtual world created by monopolies. It's impossible to come up with any criticism or an initiative. One can somehow exist in that world but it is not for a decent person to live in."

Yet another gem from our Lithy Leader.Some may scorn his views but as is often the case he has a valid point. We have all witnessed some of the most appaling refereeing decisions made against Hearts in recent years and especially last year.Zaliuskas may not be an angel but the SFA certainly seems to have him as a target man for red cards. (Even the Tiny Tims complained last year!) I am convinced that the unwritten message has gone out to clamp down heavily on HMFC.This combined with ineptitude from the Match Officials has led to a great deal of victimisation.(Althouth Micky Stewart did not help the cause).

A club is punished severely by having their players banned for important games. A fine on the club is only applicable if that club is seen to be encouraging and aiding their players to play in such a manner. Hearts did not do this in any way. Thus we have been robbed of a substantial amount of money.This money deprives us of getting players and merely lines the pockets of the S F A Establishment. If we comlain we are fined yet again.(Catch 22)

Yes Vlad this is definitely not a decent way to behave. Thanks for sticking with us and not packing your bags and leaving us to the wolves.

Don't have a problem with this, he is spot on with what he is saying, our crime count directly mirrors the loathing felt towards us by the establishment.

Vlad is correct and I am glad that he is tarnishing the image of our corrupt little set-up to those abroad. :thumbsup:

One can somehow exist in that world but it is not for a decent person to live in.

George Burley

Paul Hartley

Steven Pressley

Craig Gordon

i`m glad we have an owner who doesn`t kow-tow to the old firm and the sfa. everyone knows they are a shower of ***** but is too afraid to say anything so go down the asslicking route like motherwell.

get them told vlad show the world at large the bisd and unfairness of playing under this balls up of an organisation.

WeeToonJambo

This is very true and I have an impeccable source (as I've posted before) who confirmed it to me. However, the club could help itself by instilling better discipline in the players, thus avoiding a similar incident to what happened at Hamilton last season. That one game, caused by frustration at the referee's ineptitide, was what lead to the club being top of the indiscipline table. Up until then we'd been doing quite well.

How could would it be if the wee man turned up to SFA h.q with a case containing the 60k and dropped it off.

How could would it be if the wee man turned up to SFA h.q with a case containing the 60k and dropped it off.

In pennies lol

vlad's basic sentiments are spot on, no matter how you spin it to make out he's blaming others for our overall disciplinary record.

lets let JJ do whatever he can to minimise the needless cards we accumulate. lets also hope he perform a ****ing modern day miracle and reduces our other cards while keeping us competitive. let us hope still further we don't get landed with cards from corrupt decisions throughout the season.

see? not quite as simple as some would have you believe.

The mans a clown.

He's talking nonsense as usual, same as any Jambo who comes out with any crap about 'corrupt' officials.

I'm just glad our manager has more sensible views on this than our owner, and realises that sorting out the discpline of the side is the way to go, rather than blaming others.

http://sport.scotsma...arts.6451546.jp

Precisely. I expect things to improve this season on the disciplinary front. There were positive signs last season that on-field discipline was improving, although the card tally remained unacceptably high.

The disciplinary shambles of the last five seasons has directly mirrored the chaos in the running of the club. It's fairly obvious that keeping the heid is not going to be a priority for demotivated, confused, lazy or disgruntled players - characteristics which have been on show far too often in recent years thanks to the novel approach to club management we have witnessed - and so it has proved. Some of our red cards have been visible from a mile off. Clum vs Kilmarnock, anyone?

To suggest officials are corrupt is a very strong line indeed. They are however inept without doubt.

When a club is fined a huge sum based on a point taly when some of the accured points are against failed red card appeals etc it is no wonder some feel dealings are lets say under-handed.

There is no parrity in our league between how some clubs are treated in line with others. Fact :verymad:

He's talking nonsense as usual, same as any Jambo who comes out with any crap about 'corrupt' officials.

rubbish the sfa has always been biased towards the old firm. with this as the starting point it is naive in the extreme to think the organisation could somehow evolve from that and become fair.

truth is it takes a foreigner to come in and see how unfair things are because everyone in scotland has just blindly accepted it forever.

Walter Bishop

This has happened before.Just ask the taxman :thumbsup::whistling:

To suggest officials are corrupt is a very strong line indeed. They are however inept without doubt.

When a club is fined a huge sum based on a point taly when some of the accured points are against failed red card appeals etc it is no wonder some feel dealings are lets say under-handed.

There is no parrity in our league between how some clubs are treated in line with others. Fact :verymad:

They are when they refuse an appeal over a red card without looking at the TV evidence e.g. Kingston last season vs sheep, Brines for Zaliukas the season before when he was head-butted by Miller and got sent off.

They are when they refuse an appeal over a red card without looking at the TV evidence e.g. Kingston last season vs sheep, Brines for Zaliukas the season before when he was head-butted by Miller and got sent off.

exactly. if that had been kenny millar and he was due to be suspended for an O.F game they`d have looked at the freekin` tape.

Congratulations on that long and well thought out post. perhaps you should consider placing your whole body in the hole instead of just your head.

Unless of course you just happen to be George Peat which from your post suggests that you are

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No you are talking crap, Scottish Football is inherently corrupt. :teehee:

I'm just glad our manager has more sensible views on this than our owner, and realises that sorting out the discpline of the side is the way to go, rather than blaming others.

http://sport.scotsma...arts.6451546.jp

Precisely. I expect things to improve this season on the disciplinary front. There were positive signs last season that on-field discipline was improving, although the card tally remained unacceptably high.

The disciplinary shambles of the last five seasons has directly mirrored the chaos in the running of the club. It's fairly obvious that keeping the heid is not going to be a priority for demotivated, confused, lazy or disgruntled players - characteristics which have been on show far too often in recent years thanks to the novel approach to club management we have witnessed - and so it has proved. Some of our red cards have been visible from a mile off. Clum vs Kilmarnock, anyone?

While I agree with you both that JJ will, or should, get discipline on the park under control, I still reckon that some of our sendings off have been a trifle harsh. Not all of them, but some of them.

What I'm concerned about next season is how we fair as a result of Hugh Dallas's diktat about jersey pulling. The cynic in me can already see the penalties given against us for the OF...and obviously not reciprocated!

HOW CAN AN ORGANISATION WHO EVERYONE ACCEPTS SHOWS BIAS TO THE OLD FIRM BE VIEWED AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN CORRUPT?

i think some people have a poor understanding of the definition of the word. some others still refuse to believe there is any bias.

in truth the whole disciplinary system and everything else the SFA touches is corrupt. corrupt in that wholely unfair decisions are routinely arrived at. whether that be from match officials or the SFA themselves.

decision making and natural justice are corrupted by instituationalised bias. on that basis vlad's latest words on the matter quite perfectly sum up what scottish football is all about.

gorgie rd eh11

You're right they're not corrupt, they're just useless bottle merchants in the huff at having their hopelessness pointed out.

i think some people have a poor understanding of the definition of the word. some others still refuse to believe there is any bias.

in truth the whole disciplinary system and everything else the SFA touches is corrupt. corrupt in that wholely unfair decisions are routinely arrived at. whether that be from match officials or the SFA themselves.

decision making and natural justice are corrupted by instituationalised bias. on that basis vlad's latest words on the matter quite perfectly sum up what scottish football is all about.

nailed it. you said in small letters what i could only manage to shout in big ones. whatever people think of vlad on other issues he is spot on with this and only when other chairmen and owners grow a set of balls will we see any real change.

nailed it. you said in small letters what i could only manage to shout in big ones. whatever people think of vlad on other issues he is spot on with this and only when other chairmen and owners grow a set of balls will we see any real change.

and even then it will take a monumental paradigm shift in thinking from a group of people who have shown no interest in the betterment of scottish football so far. a shift away from acceptance of their place in the food chain to a common goal. as far as i'm concerned it's impossible.

probably just the kind of situation the SFA (and associated friends) like very much indeed.

Guest JamboRobbo

While I agree with you both that JJ will, or should, get discipline on the park under control, I still reckon that some of our sendings off have been a trifle harsh. Not all of them, but some of them.

I wouldn't disagree. So what do we do? We can kick and scream and throw our toys out the pram that the big boys are bullying us etc, but it won't change anything. We can only change the things we control. I'm glad JJ sees that.

I wouldn't disagree. So what do we do? We can kick and scream and throw our toys out the pram that the big boys are bullying us etc, but it won't change anything. We can only change the things we control. I'm glad JJ sees that.

it`s probably outwith jj`s remit to say anything else but i for one am glad we have an owner who is willing to call it like it is. nothing will ever change if everybody just puts` up and shuts` up imo.

would rather that than someone who just kisses the sfa and old firms @rse.

Again, I don't disagree however we wouldn't be saddled with all these fines if the rules were applied in a fair manner, or actually even if they were applied consistantly.

I believe we are (or hopefully were) the architects of our own downfall on numerous occassions, however since Mikolaunas barged Andy Davis the SFA referees have had it in for us. It's perhaps calmed down a bit now, but at points it was bordering on the ludicrous. A relative of mine is a ref and I've heard from him that when they all meet up in St Andrews or wherever on their courses, individual players do get talked about, singled out if you like.

I still await for a linesman to over-rule a ref's decision for a penalty in another match.

Thundercats Are Go

While i dont agree there is a conscious effort to book our players i appreciate the fact he isnt sitting back accepting things.

The press (when used properly) is a great tool to highlight injustice (both real and perceived).

Good on you Vlad!

Clerry Jambo

The only way to beat the GFA is by getting a good side on the park and continually pumping their 2 vile organisations from the same city............and thats a FACT :thumbsup:

The People's Chimp

vlad's basic sentiments are spot on, no matter how you spin it to make out he's blaming others for our overall disciplinary record.

lets let JJ do whatever he can to minimise the needless cards we accumulate. lets also hope he perform a ****ing modern day miracle and reduces our other cards while keeping us competitive. let us hope still further we don't get landed with cards from corrupt decisions throughout the season.

see? not quite as simple as some would have you believe.

I agree with this. Setting aside the things I don't agree with him about, this is something on which he is right. The fines dished out to us have been a disgrace. The SFA stink, the old firm monopoly in scottish football stinks and the media's pandering to them both stinks. Vlad is right on this one.

Guest JamboRobbo

Again, I don't disagree however we wouldn't be saddled with all these fines if the rules were applied in a fair manner, or actually even if they were applied consistantly.

I believe we are (or hopefully were) the architects of our own downfall on numerous occassions, however since Mikolaunas barged Andy Davis the SFA referees have had it in for us. It's perhaps calmed down a bit now, but at points it was bordering on the ludicrous. A relative of mine is a ref and I've heard from him that when they all meet up in St Andrews or wherever on their courses, individual players do get talked about, singled out if you like.

I still await for a linesman to over-rule a ref's decision for a penalty in another match.

Do see where you're coming from, but at the same time, I think every fan would say the same about the decisions that have gone against their own club.

Mark_Mywords

:blink:

ToadKiller Dog

Maybe every fan of every team thinks the same . There has been countless times when our player gets booked for his first tackle where the oppositionping player gets a telling off for a like event minutes later . I do think we get treated in a more robust manor than others and one or two refs seem to have a smile on there face while dishing out SFA justice .

Is it corruption maybe ,it could also be our reputation going before us which makes the less talented refs about all but maybe 3 of them act in such away.

Vlad is certainly correct in one sense that the SFA is a self preserving organisation more intrested in keeping the old firm monopoly . That said the inability of most other clubs to see past there own narrow short term interests allows them to do so .

I agree with this. Setting aside the things I don't agree with him about, this is something on which he is right. The fines dished out to us have been a disgrace. The SFA stink, the old firm monopoly in scottish football stinks and the media's pandering to them both stinks. Vlad is right on this one.

for me this is the most important point. presumably somebody somewhere created a benchmark in order for clubs' respective disciplinary records to be compared against it. there has to be some kind of threshhold whereby a club goes beyond it and becomes liable to sanction, or not as the case may be. assuming such a thing exists, is anyone actually aware of it? is it an officially known parameter to the clubs?

the other thing about the way fines are imposed is the business whereby clubs become ensnared within the punitive action and then find it difficult to get out. in the past fines have been doubled on the basis of the club's record not improving. not necessarily getting any worse... simply not improving. how does that represent natural justice? surely if you transgress the 'rules' to the same level as the previous year then your punishment should be proportionate. this has led to us being fined double the previous year's amount while not actually being the current season's worst offender.

add all this to the fact that the SFA are in effect a 'one stop shop' of administration, policing and prosecution of whatever insidiously derived rules are in place, as well as the grateful recipitants of monetary punitive action meted out by themselves and you have one giant melting pot of self interest.

Guest JamboRobbo

for me this is the most important point. presumably somebody somewhere created a benchmark in order for clubs' respective disciplinary records to be compared against it. there has to be some kind of threshhold whereby a club goes beyond it and becomes liable to sanction, or not as the case may be. assuming such a thing exists, is anyone actually aware of it? is it an officially known parameter to the clubs?

the other thing about the way fines are imposed is the business whereby clubs become ensnared within the punitive action and then find it difficult to get out. in the past fines have been doubled on the basis of the club's record not improving. not necessarily getting any worse... simply not improving. how does that represent natural justice? surely if you transgress the 'rules' to the same level as the previous year then your punishment should be proportionate. this has led to us being fined double the previous year's amount while not actually being the current season's worst offender.

First offender gets off more lightly than a repeat offender. The more you repeat the offence, the bigger the deterent becomes. Just like most justice systems in the world.

add all this to the fact that the SFA are in effect a 'one stop shop' of administration, policing and prosecution of whatever insidiously derived rules are in place, as well as the grateful recipitants of monetary punitive action meted out by themselves and you have one giant melting pot of self interest.

Ignoring the fact that the SFA is made up of representatives of the clubs, voted for by the clubs. Do you think Campbell Ogilvie is out to get us?

rudiskacel06

even better in 1ps but not in a case lol

Everybody loves Baz

First offender gets off more lightly than a repeat offender. The more you repeat the offence, the bigger the deterent becomes. Just like most justice systems in the world.

Ignoring the fact that the SFA is made up of representatives of the clubs, voted for by the clubs. Do you think Campbell Ogilvie is out to get us?

You know fine well JR that any matters involving HMFC at the GFA headquaters Campbell was not allowed to be in the room.

ineffective fudging of the issue. not all repeat offending carries the sanction of having the previous one doubled. it's not a criminal justice matter in any case, it's a sporting arena. there is no justification for ratcheting up fines on the basis which has happened.

again, ineffective muddying of the waters. individual people who may or may not be more sympathetic to our cause are in no position to affect such matters.

Hence yellow then red cards.

Every game is a new event though and everyone starts at the same point, but some refs will book individuals where they would warn others because they have a perception of the player based on reputation (or they have agreed to behind closed ref doors!).

Another instance that springs to mind is that not long after Mikolaunus was punished for the Andy Davis incident, Neil Lennon assualted the ref after an Old Firm game. Obviously he never received as heavy a sanction.

Speaking of the OF, why do refs treat that game differently? Surely that is biased against the other ten teams in the league? Where they would book a player for a certain tackle in, say, a Motehrwell v St Mirren game, they will let off with a chat in an OF game. I.e. the OF play to a different set of rules.

That's not really fair, is it?

Every game is a new event though and everyone starts at the same point, but some refs will book individuals where they would warn others because they have a perception of the player based on reputation (or they have agreed to behind closed ref doors!).

Another instance that springs to mind is that not long after Mikolaunus was punished for the Andy Davis incident, Neil Lennon assualted the ref after an Old Firm game. Obviously he never received as heavy a sanction.

Speaking of the OF, why do refs treat that game differently? Surely that is biased against the other ten teams in the league? Where they would book a player for a certain tackle in, say, a Motehrwell v St Mirren game, they will let off with a chat in an OF game. I.e. the OF play to a different set of rules.

this is 100 percent correct imo. it all stems back to an organisation so steeped in bias that it can not operate in any other way. unfortunately this is accepted and condoned by the sfa`s other member clubs who, as one, would hold much greater power than either the organisation itself or the O.F but rather than lobby for change, choose to bow to the, perceived, cash cow that is the old firm instead.

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed.

Agree the OF games being "different" is an issue worthy of debate, but thats another debate altogether IMO.

And whilst I think there is little doubt "different" rules are applied in OF games, I think (to some degree at least) the same applies with edinburgh derby, or cup finals etc. Refs tend not to want to make controversial (or game changing) decisions in big games.

As for players getting treated differently re the same offence, I think every fan of every team in the world would say the refs treat their players more harshly than others. Very difficult thing to be "unbiased" about. IMO

Guest JamboRobbo

ineffective fudging of the issue. not all repeat offending carries the sanction of having the previous one doubled. it's not a criminal justice matter in any case, it's a sporting arena. there is no justification for ratcheting up fines on the basis which has happened.

I never said all repeat offending carries the sanction of having the previous one doubled. I said the principle of increasing punishment for repeat offenders is fairly common in all walks of life.

Seems you are being innefective in fudging the issue.

Anyone that thinks that the referees and officials (and the Scottish football establishment in general) are not biased towards the OF, seriously needs to go back and look at some of the stuff that has happened in the past 25 years. I say 25 years, as this is how long I have been going to the football. Someone that has been going for longer could maybe say beyond 25 years, but I'm guessing it has been like that ever since the OF took power in the Scottish game.

Whilst I don't think officials are corrupt in the true sense of the word they are morally corrupt and terrified of the Old Firm. None of them would dream of standing up to screams for a pen at Ibrox or Parkhead. Some of the decisions given against teams playing them, not just us BTW re criminal. FACT.

I never said all repeat offending carries the sanction of having the previous one doubled. I said the principle of increasing punishment for repeat offenders is fairly common in all walks of life.

Seems you are being innefective in fudging the issue.

erm, okay.

give me a sensible reason why a doubling of fines is appropriate in this context then. a simple "it deters repeat offending" doesn't cut the mustard. a repeat fine would be quite adequate to deal with a repeat of the same 'crime' of having some players shown a number of cards during a number of football games. don't forget that the annual fine is a sanction on top of the existing punishment of seeing your players suspended for matches throughout the season.

Indeed.

Agree the OF games being "different" is an issue worthy of debate, but thats another debate altogether IMO.

And whilst I think there is little doubt "different" rules are applied in OF games, I think (to some degree at least) the same applies with edinburgh derby, or cup finals etc. Refs tend not to want to make controversial (or game changing) decisions in big games.

As for players getting treated differently re the same offence, I think every fan of every team in the world would say the refs treat their players more harshly than others. Very difficult thing to be "unbiased" about. IMO

I would disagree that this is a different issue for the following reason.

If Celtic are playing Rangers, and said X player is not sent off or booked because the ref (SFA) has decided that they need to show "common sense" in this game. This is instantly bias towards the OF. Imagine if there was about 4 players who could have actually been sent off or booked; therefore missing the next few games. Games which, for the teams they are playing, could be a push for Europe, or a battle for relegation.

Archived