Tickets?

ericb

Simple question, does anyone know why the club persist in this nonsense of selling tickets, then making people proceed yards to the turnstyles?

What the hell is wrong with cash gates for a game likely to attract less than 7K?

Seriously, are HMFC merely following some stupid rule laid down by the police, or do they genuinely feel this is a good idea?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100806/dont-leave-it-late_2241384_2113858

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Simple question, does anyone know why the club persist in this nonsense of selling tickets, then making people proceed yards to the turnstyles?

What the hell is wrong with cash gates for a game likely to attract less than 7K?

Seriously, are HMFC merely following some stupid rule laid down by the police, or do they genuinely feel this is a good idea?

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2113858

Counterfeit money.

Only a Game

I believe one of the two previous chairmen discovered a scam by the turnstyle blokes after one particular game where the police stated that capacity in one particular area of the ground had been reached yet the cash taken at the gate suggested it was 1500 or so short of capacity.

The other of the two previous chairmen was also fond of 're-routing' gate cash in an non government sort of way and although never caught, was told by her majesties tax collectors in no uncertain terns to stop it or face a full audit.

I cant remember the last time I actually had enough actual "Cash" in my wallet to pay for a football ticket. What they could do, and Ive always wondered why some club hasnt done it is put a PDQ machine at the gates and you could pay by switch ?? (Wonder why thats never been done before)

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100806/dont-leave-it-late_2241384_2113858

1.Customer buying data

2.Huge change issues

3.Turnstile scams

4.Its 2010!

Francis Albert

If I go to the theatre or the cinema I don't expect to be able to shove cash in the hands of the person who rips the ticket in half on the way in. What's so difficult about buying a ticket in advance by one of the several means available or failing that turning up early enough to buy one from the ticket office?

Marooned In Oz

If I go to the theatre or the cinema I don't expect to be able to shove cash in the hands of the person who rips the ticket in half on the way in. What's so difficult about buying a ticket in advance by one of the several means available or failing that turning up early enough to buy one from the ticket office?

This

Adi Dassler

Fans are less likely to turn up on the spur of the moment if there is no cash gate and they have to stand in a massive queue for tickets.

That is a fact.

There should still be a cash gate IMO.

I wouldn't envy the poor sod who gets stuck working the cash gate at 3pm, facing a massive queue of angry idiots who thought they could just rock up with a couple of mins to kick-off with a ?50 note and waltz in.

If you only have one point where cash is accepted, with only a few full time staff accepting cash, there is less chance of money going missing. If you have several turn styles with casual staff operating them it is obvious to see the potential flaws.

There are so many options now to buy tickets the 'cash gate' will never return. A few hours before the friendly the other night i went on to a computer and used the eTicket facility, printed off my own ticket and got in without any problem.

Life requires a bit of planning sometimes, and in football terms thats by the club and the FANS.

If you only have one point where cash is accepted, with only a few full time staff accepting cash, there is less chance of money going missing.

The Ticket Office? :teehee:

I agree with your point, though. Fans have to take responsibility for themselves when it comes to getting in on time.

No.

Jambof3tornado

You can buy tickets in far more ways than you could a few years ago and still some dinosaurs want a cash gate. welcome to the 21st century folks.

I wouldn't envy the poor sod who gets stuck working the cash gate at 3pm, facing a massive queue of angry idiots who thought they could just rock up with a couple of mins to kick-off with a ?50 note and waltz in.

they still have cash turnstiles at the away ends and at the hibs v aberdeen game last october there were only two turnstiles open in the away end and the sheep were going mental, some of them never got in until half time and were taking it out on anyone and everyone. Thing is, it was halloween and they were all wearing ridiculous costumes so it was hard to take them seriously when they were telling me to eff off and calling me a c u next tuesday, vile creatures :yucky:

Archived