Using Smart Card Tonight?

lost in leith

lost in leith

Bought my ticket for the Wolves game a while back and got confirmation of purchase. I had assumed that my smart card would be updated. However, the e-mail from Hearts is a bit cryptic. It refers to a second e-mail if you bought a match ticket (as opposed to a season ticket). I'd initially assumed that meant if you are not a season ticket holder and bought a ticket, but I'm not sure.

Did other season ticket holders get sent a ticket, or can I just pitch up with my smart card and get in?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Bought my ticket for the Wolves game a while back and got confirmation of purchase. I had assumed that my smart card would be updated. However, the e-mail from Hearts is a bit cryptic. It refers to a second e-mail if you bought a match ticket (as opposed to a season ticket). I'd initially assumed that meant if you are not a season ticket holder and bought a ticket, but I'm not sure.

Did other season ticket holders get sent a ticket, or can I just pitch up with my smart card and get in?

i bought my seat for the next two friendlies and they are definitely on my smart-card.

I wondered about this and e-mailed the ticket office. They confirmed that the friendly ticket is on the season card if it's your own seat. I've now suggested that this should be made clear in the confirmation for old duffers like me.

I bought my tickets (Wolves + Blackburn) for my own seat when they were reserved online, but don't want to chance it at the turnstyles near kick-off time that they will be on my smartcard.

The confirmation email certainly implied you had to collect the tickets in person from the ticket office.

Its a complete fiasco here by Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I bought my tickets (Wolves + Blackburn) for my own seat when they were reserved online, but don't want to chance it at the turnstyles near kick-off time that they will be on my smartcard.

The confirmation email certainly implied you had to collect the tickets in person from the ticket office.

Its a complete fiasco here by Hearts.

I could not be more chilled about the whole thing, i phoned the ticket office and asked to have my seat for Wolves and Blackburn added to my smartcard, they said yes, I said thanks, then we exchanged goodbyes.

:)

mahgrassyshoes

I called up and booked my tickets 2 hours ago and they confirmed that my tickets, and that of my mate who booked online, would be added to our smartcards. I believe it was the same last year.

Think it's pretty straight forward.

You either got a message telling you to go in and collect your tickets or you got one via email to print out and take on the night or you got it added to your smartcard.

If you don't have the first two then assume it's the latter but if in doubt ring them.

scottish_chicP

I could not be more chilled about the whole thing, i phoned the ticket office and asked to have my seat for Wolves and Blackburn added to my smartcard, they said yes, I said thanks, then we exchanged goodbyes.

This was also my experience :teehee:

Maybe its because I work in IT, and it looks like their smartcard and ticketing systems are simply not integrated.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Maybe its because I work in IT, and it looks like their smartcard and ticketing systems are simply not integrated.

I did the same last season and it worked fine then too.

It could be that you are a bit more technical minded than they are and so see faults in the way they advertise and the info they give... Dunno mate, I am not being sarcy, just telling you what happned with me last year and what they told me over the phone when i purchased again this year. :)

My pal could not get in he had to join big queue at ticket office to get ticket then was refused as ticket was invalid. Eventually the guy let him in.

I was refused as well but after the fourth try the guy let me in.

joe.gausden

Mine was fine...

Me too

My mates didn't work though but the steward ended up letting quite a few in as the was a queue who all had problems

It took me an hour to get to Tynie in the rush hour traffic, and they made me queue to get my tickets only to put them on the bloody smartcard while I waited.

Got into todays game with about 25 mins to kick-off. In hindsight it might have been better if I hadn't bothered. We were utter gash.

Jambof3tornado

My smartcard didnt work,neither did sons,and sons pals printed at home ticket didnt work either! Turnstyle guy said its because its the start of the season! WTF!

WeeToonJambo

I bought my ticket for both friendlies back in June and was told they would be on the smartcard. Turnstile attendant, without even checking, told me smartcards weren't valid. I told him that according to Hearts website they were. He scanned it and the card was rejected. I showed him my confirmation e-mail and he said to take it up with the ticket office. I joined a long queue at the ticket office with dozens of others brandishing rejected smartcards and was assured by the staff there that they were valid, the scanners hadn't been working properly and to try again because they were now fixed. I went back to the turnstile and again the card was rejected. I told the operator I had been sent by the ticket office and that I wasn't budging. A supervisor then instructed the operator just to take peoples' word for it that they had paid and to let us in. As I said this happened to dozens of people that I could see. What would happen to people who arrived late I have no idea. Maybe that's why the attendance was low. People just gave up and went home? I'll be contacting the ticket office today for an explanation and an assurance that this won't happen on Saturday when the crowd is bound to be much bigger. Oh, and the 7pm kickoff was rubbish. Far too much of a rush for those of us who live in the west, and I didn't see an awful lot of families there.

I was genuinely expecting a similar experience to some other posters on here with regards to problems with the smartcard (this is my first one, wasnt a ST holder last year). I went down to the stadium ten minutes earlier than usual but mines worked first time with no problems. I was quite surprised actually.

scottish_chicP

Mine worked fine first time but I did see the queue at the ticket office when I was walking by and thought if it doesn't work I am not waiting in that!

WeeToonJambo

Further to last night's problems, Derek Matthews from the ticket office has contacted me and explained what caused the problem. I won't go into details but he has assured me that everything will be OK for Saturday and that they are having a meeting this afternoon to discuss stewarding and other problems which arose last night, including why the gates didn't open until 18 minutes past 6.

Archived