Was Roy Keane Right?

Farquar Hoffe

Farquar Hoffe

Personally I can't stand the guy; even the sound of his voice irritates me so much I muted any commentary by him during the world cup!

This isn?t just because he played for Smelltic but I have always had this unexplainable hatred towards the guy.

Wondered if it is just me or does anyone else feel the same and if not which manager do you hate the most (excluding Bingo!)?

everton9.jpg

Always hated Arsene Wenger - total fud - rude, petulant, arrogant...which follows down onto his team.

"Dont tackle us please" :verymad:

I can't stand him either.

His commentary is painfully bad and he just comes across as a total dick.

Personally I can't stand the guy; even the sound of his voice irritates me so much I muted any commentary by him during the world cup!

This isn?t just because he played for Smelltic but I have always had this unexplainable hatred towards the guy.

Wondered if it is just me or does anyone else feel the same and if not which manager do you hate the most (excluding Bingo!)?

everton9.jpg

I ******* hate that man with a passion.

I also hate Mcghoo, Uncle Walter, NL, Tango man... but curiously I don't hate Bingo... he's just a fud!

BillyDavies_594892.jpg

Greeting faced lesbian looking midget.

He's obviously a half decent manager but a complete dick. How come he ALWAYS falls out with the board?

Rafa Benitez

Gordon Strachan

Alan Pardew

Paul Ince

Sven G Eriksson

Mark McGhee

Jimmy Calderwood

arseholes

Walter Bishop

Always hated Arsene Wenger - total fud - rude, petulant, arrogant...which follows down onto his team.

This.

100% this. I hate Arsene Wenger. Hate Martin O'Neil too. I've actually met him and he was a top guy, but I hate the football/TV O'Neil. Little cheeky chappy media darling when his team is winning and a horrible little spiteful tosser when they're not.

Have to say, might not be a popular view, but I don't hate Bingo. He's a nice big guy. Not much of a manager, but that's good for us, right?

sorry what was the question ?

if it was roy keane right about Mc, then no, keane is a tosser of the highest standard who was giving the freedonm to be a thug on the pitch by his vermin of a manager. Its amazing when you look at keanes record as a manager and Mc !

on the subject of hate, yes his voice is annoying !

Ogi fae Gorgie

Well I like him, his 'football' comments during the WC were far better than that **** Lawrenson who wanted to try be funny most of the time. McCarthy is a mans man and if his droll irritates so, scouse accents get to me.

grumpy rebus

Don't like McCarthy, but hate Keane.

Also hate

•  
  • McGoo
  • Lennon
  • Strachan
  • Collins
  • Wenger
  • Benitez
  • Tangoman
  • Wee Craigie
  • Pressley
  • Our 'Arry (dodgy b'stard)

Like a few on here, I don't hate Bingo - pity maybe, but don't hate

Other than that, I'm at peace with the world (until I think of more)

Harry "tax dodging, up him self" Redknapp for me. Talks out his backside and annoys the hell out of me. McCarthy I had nothing against until the World Cup and now after hearing his opinions on the beautiful game he has left me astounded as to how the man is a football manager! McGhee bugs the hell out of me as well. Neil Lennon (I just don't like him, even though he has only become manager). Kevin Keegan (Great player, petulant idiot of a manager). Rafa, for ruining Liverpool and also for generally being an arse. Oh Mourinho.....merely because I dislike his over confidence and style of play. Bingo....well what can you say, clearly not the brightest spark, but I like him for single handedly ruining all chances Hibs will ever have by masterminding Hobos fall from Europe :sweat:

• 'Arry Redknapp
    Big Mick McCarthy
    Mark "Ceelick daft" McGhee
    Neil Lennon
    Kevin "Colochini" Keegan
    Rafa
    Jose "big physical defensive team" Mourinho

Was what Keane said to McCarthy right? I'm not sure it was even physically possible.

I bumped into Mick McCarthy in the queue for the turnstiles at Tynecastle the game after Burley was sacked and he was very friendly when my mate asked him what he was doing. He seemed happy to talk to fans and explained he was there to look at players and not to take the managers job. Seemed like a good guy.

I thought his world cup commentary was awful.

As a manager my opinion of him has improved as Wolves have stayed up in the EPL. I thought at the time that Keane may have had a point (McCarthy is clearly not half the coach that Ferguson is), but then Keane removed all credibility by slagging off the Man Utd squad (just before they went on to start winning things again without him) and then showing that actually he could not do a better job than McCarthy at managing.

linkin- hearts

No, not even sure if Roy Keane has ever been right about anything. I don't hate football managers, there's plenty of politicians around for that, and terrorists,rapists,paedophiles, child murderers, muggers of helpless people, well you get my drift i'm sure:verymad:

I quite like him. His voice bores me but I can say that about nearly everyone from that part of England.

I quite like Roy Keane too.

As for Bingo, don't hate him, and here's why:

At my work there's this big lad that comes in sometimes. He thinks he's a hibs casual and bangs on about it all the time. He tells me he likes stomping on hearts fans heads and says we're all vermin. He's clearly not the things he says, he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic and is evidently not very smart or a particularly nice person but I don't hate him. I feel a bit sorry for him, wandering about occasionally calling himself a 'hibs boy'.

That's how I feel about John Hughes.

I don't think I hate anyone.

Arsene Wenger - Ignorant B******.

Gordon Strachan - Cheeky little F***** and a Hobo.

Mark McGhee - Torn-faced disaster.

Gus McPherson - I hate anyone that is/was associated with Bribery.

Forza Cuore

I quite like him. His voice bores me but I can say that about nearly everyone from that part of England.

At my work there's this big lad that comes in sometimes. He thinks he's a hibs casual and bangs on about it all the time. He tells me he likes stomping on hearts fans heads and says we're all vermin. He's clearly not the things he says, he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic and is evidently not very smart or a particularly nice person but I don't hate him. I feel a bit sorry for him, wandering about occasionally calling himself a 'hibs boy'.

I'd be more than happy to Hate that guy from your work on your behalf!

Andy Roxburgh - boring, smug, defensive-minded, anti-football

Craig Brown - see Roxburgh, also biggest OF-arselicker around too

McGhee - fat Celtic-loving up his own rectum ringpiece who never fails to have a dig at us

Calderwood - fat dayglo orange coloured Rangers-loving up his own rectum ringpiece who never fails to have a dig at us

Find it hard to dislike any Hibs managers recently. They're more figures of fun, guaranteed to blurt out the standard "Hibs-flair ball-on-the-ground way-it's-meant-to-be-played" patter when they first get the job, and then inevitably it all starts to go horribly wrong :D

Farquar Hoffe

McGhee - fat Celtic-loving up his own rectum ringpiece who never fails to have a dig at us

Calderwood - fat dayglo orange coloured Rangers-loving up his own rectum ringpiece who never fails to have a dig at us

PMSL :woot:

I love hearing about them behaving in this way. Simply serves to remind me how much we've made them suffer over the years.

Fort Vallance

Don't know if Keane was right but I'd suggest that Keane knew a bit about more playing at the top level. I dislike McCarthy, don't know why, its illogical, but I don't particularly like Keane either.

If you want really irrational hatred for no sensible reason its Stephen Craigan for me.

Hawick Jambo

I don't mind Mick Mc. He is obviously a decent judge of players and managed to keep Wolves up so he can't be that bad a Manager.

I also find Bingo and the likes of John Collins more amusing than anything else.

KK is one of my heroes. He may have been slightly deluded but he was a great player and he tried to get teams playing football with passion. He also played for the mighty JT's !!

Hate is an awfully strong word. I reserve it for Cameron and his cronies and Thatcher. When she eventually kicks the bucket, the party is at my house folks

mahgrassyshoes

I don't mind Mick Mc. He is obviously a decent judge of players and managed to keep Wolves up so he can't be that bad a Manager.

I also find Bingo and the likes of John Collins more amusing than anything else.

KK is one of my heroes. He may have been slightly deluded but he was a great player and he tried to get teams playing football with passion. He also played for the mighty JT's !!

Hate is an awfully strong word. I reserve it for Cameron and his cronies and Thatcher. When she eventually kicks the bucket, the party is at my house folks

What have you got against our former midfielder and his Cowdenbeath team? :whistling:

Denny Crane

How can you hate Alex Ferguson? The man is a legend!

I refer you to Michael Crick's book on him (and Crick himself is a Man Utd fan)

Och, ofcourse you're right. But I manage to separate "football hatred" (Martin O'Neil, Andy Webster, Neil Lennon...) and "actual hatred" (Maggie Thatcher, Nick Griffin, Neil Lennon...) in my head and I'm quite comfy using the word. A bit like saying I'm starving when in actual fact, that's a bit wrong when you think about it!

Anyway, see you at the party!! Icecream and jelly when Thatcher dies, there'll be icecream and jelly when...

Well I like him, his 'football' comments during the WC were far better than that **** Lawrenson who wanted to try be funny most of the time. McCarthy is a mans man and if his droll irritates so, scouse accents get to me.

I agree with this. As far as scouse has got to be the most irritating accent ever...and I'm convinced they all over egg it Gerrard certainly does, he always looks fexed, furrowed brow, oh woh is me. Cheer up ya ****!

Boris Johnstone famousley nailed the peolple of liverpool when he accused them of being professional grievers...nice one Boris, can't argue with that...

And that stand up comic that's at the festy this year, John Bishop...unbe****inleivable gratuitous use of the accent to get cheep laughs.... but dee do doh dont dee doh.

Mick 'never in my day' McCarthy, like the pure yorkshireman that he is.. Says what he likes and likes what he bloody well says!

Bit of a erse though all the same..could be the menopause..

I have a dislike for Koy Keane too. Ever since he done Haland on purpose, which he admitted, and ended his career.

He is the dirtiest football player ever.

McCarthy's a bit dour but is a proper football man, and speaks a decent degree of sense.

Roy Keane, on the other hand, is a complete and utter knob.

shaun.lawson

McCarthy's known throughout football as one of its most decent, most down to earth people. His record in management is, generally, very good too; and almost unnoticed, he's taken a club notorious for being a poisoned chalice and is on the point of finally establishing it in the Premier League.

Keane, meanwhile, is a nob. But that said, I remember McCarthy being a seriously dirty player for Ireland, but don't go far back enough as a Hearts fan to remember his time with Celtic. So I assume many Hearts fans will have reason for thinking differently in his regard.

How can you hate Alex Ferguson? The man is a legend!

I'm certainly not criricising his mangerial abilities - I just don't like him. Mostly stemming from his Aberdeen days, but also when Scotland went to Holland for a pre-World Cup friendly on 29th April 1986 I have this thought in my mind that somehow he managed to unsettle some of the Hearts players either by taking them and not playing them or not taking them or something daft like that which (again, in my mind) helped our 0-2 defeat the following Saturday. I had it down to jealousy in that if the Sheep didn't win the league he didn't want non-OF team to do it.

In addition, I believe that he would often criticise managers from England for poaching players from Scotland for a fraction of their true worth, then, as soon as he got the Man U gig he came and snaffled Brian McClair for ?800K. That apparent hypocrisy p'd me off...not that I cared what happened to the selling club (in that instance).

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

McCarthy's known throughout football as one of its most decent, most down to earth people.

Source?

shaun.lawson

Source?

Everyone says it. No-one - except Keane - ever has a bad word to say about him, and even Keane patched it up with him a while back. If you ask me, most of McCarthy's success is down to his man management - players like and respect him because he's a decent, fair minded bloke.

Never liked Mick McCarthy - reminds me of an old boss of mine who was as much use as tits on a budgie.

FWIW here is my list:

McGhoo: previous posts have already covered the main reasons. I also (feck knows why) got pissed off that he joined Aberdeen and then immediately said how disappointed he was not to get the Celtic gig. For me that just summed up how shite Scottish football is and he is a product of that system.

Gus McPherson: St Midden prick who constantly wingess at the ref from the touchline more than any other manager I have seen in the SPL.

Paul Mariner: got my Plymouth Argyle relegated :verymad:

Luggy:for coming back and helping Argyle get relegated.

Ian 'Judas' Holloway: tells the Plymouth Evening Herold that any talk of moving to Leicester is 'Poppycock' and he has green blood - the following friday he was made manager of Leicester.

Gordon Strachan: wee hobo, cocky shite.

Media Darling, Uncle Wattie: absolute prick who should have been shot for treason when he quit Scotland for Rankers.

phreesssley: nuff ssssssaid.

Eddie May: perhaps the only good thing the above mentioned snake did was knief this tramp in the back...

Joe Kinneer: foul mouthed ***** - its a family game ffs.

Bobby Williamson: what a roaster.

Ian McCall: no reason - just dont like the *****.

shaun.lawson

Luggy:for coming back and helping Argyle get relegated.

Ian 'Judas' Holloway: tells the Plymouth Evening Herold that any talk of moving to Leicester is 'Poppycock' and he has green blood - the following friday he was made manager of Leicester.

The Luggy one's ludicrous. Plymouth were punching well above their weight to begin with: which was confirmed when Ollie got you in a challenging position, and the people of Plymouth just wouldn't come out to support the team. It's them your beef should be with, not two of football's true gents. I'm sure Ollie will be gutted Plymouth fans hate him when they start their League 1 campaign, and he begins a season in the Premier League... :whistling:

Which football managers do I hate or dislike? Hmm...

Redknapp, Allardyce, Pulis, Calderwood (both J and C), Keane (I fear he'll turn Ipswich around though), Davies, Pearson, Roeder, Malofeev, Bryan Hamilton, Tommy McLean. I used to hate Warnock and Paw Broon, but don't any more; I hated Ferguson for years, but can't help but respect him now; and people like Yogi, Mixu and the snake are all figures of fun if you ask me, worthy of pity rather than hate.

And - apart from Jim Jefferies or Paul Lambert, who are both bloody wonderful (not that I'd expect any Jambos to agree with me on the latter, of course) - my favourite manager in British football is currently...

This man:

roy-hodgson.jpg

Anyone so old skool he still refers to Arsenal as "the Arsenal" is fine by me. :thumbsup:

The Luggy one's ludicrous. Plymouth were punching well above their weight to begin with: which was confirmed when Ollie got you in a challenging position, and the people of Plymouth just wouldn't come out to support the team. It's them your beef should be with, not two of football's true gents. I'm sure Ollie will be gutted Plymouth fans hate him when they start their League 1 campaign, and he begins a season in the Premier League... :whistling:

As one of the poorest cities in the UK with a population mixed of rugby fans and Forces brats who grow up supporting their parents teams attendances are low at Home Park. Plymouth were in the Championship thanks to Luggy, but I dont like him - pure and simple - I have met him a few times and for that reason Shaun he is on my list if that's all the same.

As far as Ollie is concerned, I made my point in the previous post. He jumped ship AFTER telling the fans he wouldnt. Aye it happens and he aint he first, but he did so I stand by my comments. Besides there is a bloody good chance that he would have manager Argyle in the EPL if he stayed that year as we were knocking on the door of the playoffs that season.

OP and dont get too cocky about League One Lawson, you are just out of there:rolleyes:.

shaun.lawson

As one of the poorest cities in the UK with a population mixed of rugby fans and Forces brats who grow up supporting their parents teams attendances are low at Home Park. Plymouth were in the Championship thanks to Luggy, but I dont like him - pure and simple - I have met him a few times and for that reason Shaun he is on my list if that's all the same.

As far as Ollie is concerned, I made my point in the previous post. He jumped ship AFTER telling the fans he wouldnt. Aye it happens and he aint he first, but he did so I stand by my comments. Besides there is a bloody good chance that he would have manager Argyle in the EPL if he stayed that year as we were knocking on the door of the playoffs that season.

OP and dont get too cocky about League One Lawson, you are just out of there:rolleyes:.

When I was at UEA, an Argyle fan was one of my best mates - and through him, I became convinced that Plymouth - like Hull and to a lesser extent, Brighton, down where they shouldn't have been at that point - were a sleeping giant. The gates under Ollie unfortunately say otherwise, for reasons you've explained well.

In terms of Ollie's exit: there was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding during those few days, which he himself has explained well: it all happened very quickly, and not in the manner he'd have chosen ideally. As for League 1: we may only just be out of there, but we're never going back. MUHAHAHA! :thumbsup:

When I was at UEA, an Argyle fan was one of my best mates - and through him, I became convinced that Plymouth - like Hull and to a lesser extent, Brighton, down where they shouldn't have been at that point - were a sleeping giant. The gates under Ollie unfortunately say otherwise, for reasons you've explained well.

In terms of Ollie's exit: there was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding during those few days, which he himself has explained well: it all happened very quickly, and not in the manner he'd have chosen ideally. As for League 1: we may only just be out of there, but we're never going back. MUHAHAHA! :thumbsup:

As in the comments he made in his column he had for the Plymouth Evening Herold (and front page title) which Im sure you read cover to cover Shaun. :rolleyes:

Oh and Im the Argyle expert around here Popeye. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

As in the comments he made in his column he had for the Plymouth Evening Herold (and front page title) which Im sure you read cover to cover Shaun. :rolleyes:

Oh and Im the Argyle expert around here Popeye. :thumbsup:

:D

Confident of your prospects for this season, then? Peter Reid's a bit of a curious choice: he was a terrific manager once. The operative word here being 'once'.

:D

Confident of your prospects for this season, then? Peter Reid's a bit of a curious choice: he was a terrific manager once. The operative word here being 'once'.

I am actually. Not automatic promotion candidates but via the playoffs I feel. Obviously want to get promoted the easy way but we will see. I was surprised at appointing Peter Reid tbh but feel more confident under him than Mariner thats for sure.

We have Japanese investors and a long term plan (how many clubs have that though eh?) to get into the EPL and I thnk some money will be spent - but in an area where the average annual wage is ?14k how can locals afford a ticket to an EPL game? Ah well cant keep on dreaming about that when League One business is first.

Then of course is the Championship...

I really like Mic McCarthy, he's never done anything I thought was that out of line and let's face it, what Keane knows about management you can write on the back of a postage stamp.

During the World Cup McCarthy's commentary was the only one worth listening to. Once you got past the dull accent, what he said was very good. He could actually talk about what managers were doing, he was very fair and not biased, for example Lawrenson and co were always slagging off the smaller teams for being poor whilst McCarthy would give them praise for what they were doing well as well as pointing out what may not be so good and he didn't say "we" when talking about England.

shaun.lawson

I am actually. Not automatic promotion candidates but via the playoffs I feel. Obviously want to get promoted the easy way but we will see. I was surprised at appointing Peter Reid tbh but feel more confident under him than Mariner thats for sure.

We have Japanese investors and a long term plan (how many clubs have that though eh?) to get into the EPL and I thnk some money will be spent - but in an area where the average annual wage is ?14k how can locals afford a ticket to an EPL game? Ah well cant keep on dreaming about that when League One business is first.

Then of course is the Championship...

******* hell. That average wage is an eye opener. And yes: you're likely to be play-off contenders I'd have thought. Southampton and Sheff Wed ought to go up, Huddersfield'll be up there; then maybe Swindon, Plymouth and Brighton (surprise package) making up the top six? The glaring omission in all that are Charlton: I'm not convinced their problems are over TBH.

shaun.lawson

I really like Mic McCarthy, he's never done anything I thought was that out of line and let's face it, what Keane knows about management you can write on the back of a postage stamp.

During the World Cup McCarthy's commentary was the only one worth listening to. Once you got past the dull accent, what he said was very good. He could actually talk about what managers were doing, he was very fair and not biased, for example Lawrenson and co were always slagging off the smaller teams for being poor whilst McCarthy would give them praise for what they were doing well as well as pointing out what may not be so good and he didn't say "we" when talking about England.

Totally agree. The lack of empathy of many pundits - so few of whom assess a match properly from both sides' and managers' points of view - always surprises me. Lawrenson even spent the first half of Spain-Germany slagging Spain! It was laughable really.

******* hell. That average wage is an eye opener. And yes: you're likely to be play-off contenders I'd have thought. Southampton and Sheff Wed ought to go up, Huddersfield'll be up there; then maybe Swindon, Plymouth and Brighton (surprise package) making up the top six? The glaring omission in all that are Charlton: I'm not convinced their problems are over TBH.

Cant see Wednesday go up for some reason. I can see Exeter (urrrgghh) do well this season and at least there are some Derby games to look forward to down there. Dont get me wrong - they wont go up - they can't, just can't - but are my tip as surprise package.

Colchester are in with a shout I feel.

Archived