Hearts.tv International

CalMac

John Gentleman

Laurence, IMHO, should be answering the questions raised here. JKB is lot closer and the fans more representative of the club than bloody Facebook.

He should adopt the KISS principle of communication.

Hearts Heritage

Laurence, IMHO, should be answering the questions raised here. JKB is lot closer and the fans more representative of the club than bloody Facebook.

He should adopt the KISS principle of communication.

John,

Laurence (or 'Heart Of Midlothian') have got a specific FB page where they do try and answer questions posted by the fans. And Laurence has given a reasonable response to Bill's question. Looks like the MAC issue is not in HMFC's domain but got all to do with Steve Job's dispute with Adobe.

Geoff Kilpatrick

John,

Laurence (or 'Heart Of Midlothian') have got a specific FB page where they do try and answer questions posted by the fans. And Laurence has given a reasonable response to Bill's question. Looks like the MAC issue is not in HMFC's domain but got all to do with Steve Job's dispute with Adobe.

Davy, not everyone wants to go on Facebook given the security scare stories that crop up with it.

Anyway, I'm now reassured by Lawrence's response to me. Buying the thing seems to be the only bugger now for me!

Geoff - it has nothing to do with the home or away club. The feed from Sky, ESPN, and BBC Alba/MNE TV games is made available at BT Tower (the MNE bit is new this year). We control our own international digital media rights. The ?250 is the... approximate cost borne between Perform and Hearts. On the issue of the ?3 per game, you have to remember you also get the standard Hearts.TV package (i.e. highlights, interviews etc) within that price so you actually need to take out the ?34.99 first so you're more like ?1 per game cost to you (rather than other clubs such as Celtic, Rangers and Hibs who are all charging much more) on the basis of the same sort of number of games as last season. The reason we've kept the cost low is partly because we can't promise a set number of games (although we will show 9 of the first 15 all being well).

On the issue of sufficient numbers we're looking at 150 subscribers as a target - so far we're going to be ok it seems based on initial subs we've got in, so we're quite relaxed.

Finally - I should make it clear on a few more points. We've said the games will stream at 1mb (as they did last season) and we're launching the product based on the excellent, detailed and large amount of email feedback we got last season on our beta trial (there was barely a negative, except for some who found the stream was "too high" quality for their internet speed, for which we offer a 500kb stream). We've not just stuck our finger in the air and pulled this out. Supporters told us the quality was good and they were prepared to pay for something we've effectively offered for free for years. So now we're offering and we'll see if it works - but we're pretty relaxed. If people are prepared to pay we'll run it, and if they're not ultimately we will bin it at the end of the season. It's entirely "consumer led" but we reckon we've done very well to offer something for effectively only an extra ?20 (i.e. one match ticket).

As always I am happy to discuss any of these issues via email to lawrence @ homplc.co.uk or indeed on the telephone to 0871 663 1874, option 0. Please note that I can't always provide a response immediately on here because I am one of four people who monitor this page. If you send me a message directly then I know I need to get a response to you ASAP.

Buying the thing seems to be the only bugger now for me!

You could just say NO. But I suspect that like you, I'll buy and grumble.

Loneliness makes the Hearts grow fonder.

Guys,

I'll try and contact Lawrence. I use advanced social media (web 3.0, sales 2.0 etc) in business and for business's to reach out to customers, and develop a client base, and as a way to engage customers. I am currently working my way through an MBA in Global marketing/management.

I'm quite happy to evaluate/ develop a plan, pricing model/ customer engagement policy/ give them tools to use to capture more market, and to get the customers more fully involved. If I can do that over here for corporations, then I can help Hearts too. I am perfectly willing to do this for zip. I can use the work for research material as part of my studies.

Guys,

I'll try and contact Lawrence. I use advanced social media (web 3.0, sales 2.0 etc) in business and for business's to reach out to customers, and develop a client base, and as a way to engage customers. I am currently working my way through an MBA in Global marketing/management.

I'm quite happy to evaluate/ develop a plan, pricing model/ customer engagement policy/ give them tools to use to capture more market, and to get the customers more fully involved. If I can do that over here for corporations, then I can help Hearts too. I am perfectly willing to do this for zip. I can use the work for research material as part of my studies.

I don't suppose you use advanced Commentary 5.0? That would be great.

To be fair to Lawrence I don't blame him for not coming on KB. He has done in the past and some of the comments directed towards him make it no wonder he doesn't anymore. Anytime I have had correspondence I have always had a response.

Having lived abroad for 6 years I have tried numerous ways of watching games on the Internet and whilst it isn't perfect it is improving and to be honest the games shown via Hearts World have not caused me any undue problems last year other than the odd bit of buffering and having to reset it now and then. That is somethig I am prepared to put up with if it I get to watch about 50% of games played.

Watching via the pirate sites is tough and have had them not work or somebody change the channel 10 minutes into the game. There used to be lads from Dunfermline that showed the game at quality of 200 and were very unreliable.

For me it is a no brainer 6 quid a month is not really a huge amount of cash to part with every month for a couple of games each month and as the technology improves then it should become more and more reliable.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Was thinking about signing up but think i will go for 1 month as trial. It its good I will go for the year.

Some questions,

- If I book a month is it from the 1st to 30th/31st? Or will it be for example from the 9th to the 9th?

- Is there a schedule for the current live games? What are the first 9 to be shown.

- Does the deal include Cup games?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Big_Hearts_Runner

A wee update, I logged in this weekend on my mac for the Hamilton match and it worked perfectly.

Plugged the laptop into my tv and was able to watch the match fine without buffering or freezing. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next match now, hopefully Dundee Utd. The only problem was it was an early start on Saturday to get up for the 7am KO but when it comes to the JT's I don't mind if I get to watch the match & in the end the four goals were worth the early start, the Arsenal Blackpool match was on ESPN2 after then Chelsea Wigan on Fox soccer so a goal fest on Saturday!

Thundercats Are Go

Looking at some of the personal abuse aimed at Lawrence im not surprised he doesnt post on here to answer people. As for KB being a better medium than FB thats nonsense.

A wee update, I logged in this weekend on my mac for the Hamilton match and it worked perfectly.

Plugged the laptop into my tv and was able to watch the match fine without buffering or freezing. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next match now, hopefully Dundee Utd. The only problem was it was an early start on Saturday to get up for the 7am KO but when it comes to the JT's I don't mind if I get to watch the match & in the end the four goals were worth the early start, the Arsenal Blackpool match was on ESPN2 after then Chelsea Wigan on Fox soccer so a goal fest on Saturday!

Nothing worked on my Mac :(

If I "did" buy this thing it would actually be costing me a hundred knicker. I've already paid for the regular HeartsTV and to get the International would be ANOTHER 60 bar.

I don't think thats fair at all. Plus if you sign up for the full year you get 2 months "free". Well, let's hope we start playing live games in the close season to make it worth it.

Basil Hayden

From my perspective living in the US I have found the service to be great. I jumped at the international version and am glad I did. Loved being able to wtch the Hamilton game live on my phone.

Archived