Hearts.tv International

CalMac

Geoff Kilpatrick

The key difference is that there will be no picture streaming under the existing HW, only audio.

I've no issue in subscribing, provided the service holds up.

Where's Wally

I've given up trying to watch Hearts TV on a Mac. Money down the swanny. Never worked.

I'll hold fire to see what other users experiences are. Not that I grudge the money, I simply doubt the service.

The key difference is that there will be no picture streaming under the existing HW, only audio.

I've no issue in subscribing, provided the service holds up.

Given their track record, that's a big if considering they're asking for top dollar.

60 pounds is an astonishing fee, I'd need to be getting a lot more than 18 games - only available on my PC - to pay that.

I get 6Mbps at home and I have NEVER once been able to watch a game on Hearts TV without it lagging to the max.

No way are they getting 60 quid from me. Lawrence GTF.

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm still trying to work out if this is the same Hearts TV thing I'm already signed up for...

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to think I'm already in. 18 live games would be a nice wee bonus.

NewYorkJambo

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to think I'm already in. 18 live games would be a nice wee bonus.

I live in the States and would love to get this package to see more games. The thing is, whenever i have used hearts tv in the past the quality has een AWFUL. It cuts out all the time, or worse still, never starts in the first place. IF they gave a free one game trial to test the quality, then I'd be willing to pay. But there's no way I'm paying before testing given their track record!

No mate, this is on top of the regular subscription.

What you/we have now won't have any video, just audio.

For me, living outside of the UK, it would be an option to watch Hearts games live. HOWEVER, I already have shitty internet bandwidths, where I have problems watching streamed games due to continual buffering at peak periods, so paying upfront when I do not know the quality is something I would need to investigate further. But I'd probably subscribe, mainly due to being stupid that way.

FireHearts98

This should be great at college this year :thumbsup: , Hearts.TV has worked fine for me here in the states.

alwaysthereinspirit

No mate, this is on top of the regular subscription.

What you/we have now won't have any video, just audio.

Thanks Rab. I figured it was probably to good a deal for it not to be costing me more money. I'm sure I'll sign up though.

I've never had much bother with HTV. A couple of times it has been frustrating but that has been down to local bandwidth and my lappy more than the site i think.

I emailed them and asked about the subscription as I already subscribe to HW. They've refunded the rest of my years subscription to that and asked me to resubscribe (which i find hard to type!) to the new thingy and a fiver a month or whatever it is.

Don't have a prob with it. I can watch games in the pub but maybe 10 times a year games will be on the site that aren't on telly here and I'm happy to pay ?6 a game tbh. And obv that includes your subscription to the rest of the HW stuff like the u19s highlights and the press confs, so I'm happy enough. It is on the edge of being pricey though.

I've never had much bother with HTV. A couple of times it has been frustrating but that has been down to local bandwidth and my lappy more than the site i think.

I emailed them and asked about the subscription as I already subscribe to HW. They've refunded the rest of my years subscription to that and asked me to resubscribe (which i find hard to type!) to the new thingy and a fiver a month or whatever it is.

Don't have a prob with it. I can watch games in the pub but maybe 10 times a year games will be on the site that aren't on telly here and I'm happy to pay ?6 a game tbh. And obv that includes your subscription to the rest of the HW stuff like the u19s highlights and the press confs, so I'm happy enough. It is on the edge of being pricey though.

Good point Ian - just checked my subscription its up in August so no biggie sent them the following email to cancel.

Good Evening,

As a subscriber to Hearts World noticed that I need to renew as of the 21st of August - However as I shall be taking up the new Hearts International offer over the next few days would it be possible to cancel my hearts world subscription.

I did try doing this thru the website but came up with a 404 error - apache 6.0, whatever that means.

Kind Regards

Name

p.s. any chance of another stiker to partner Kyle with that subscription.

Good point Ian - just checked my subscription its up in August so no biggie sent them the following email to cancel.

Good Evening,

As a subscriber to Hearts World noticed that I need to renew as of the 21st of August - However as I shall be taking up the new Hearts International offer over the next few days would it be possible to cancel my hearts world subscription.

I did try doing this thru the website but came up with a 404 error - apache 6.0, whatever that means.

Kind Regards

Name

p.s. any chance of another stiker to partner Kyle with that subscription.

Magic - be good to see what the reply is! If we sign a 20 goal striker I take it you'll be taking the credit!?

Service here in Oz has been good for me. Usually connect the PC to the 50inch Plasma and watch on that and not had any issues. Quality isn't HD but good enough for me. Worth the money for me to watch the games.

I have just cancelled my subscription to Hearts World. I find the whole thing quite confusing. I have been paying something like C$80.00. The new program is about C$140.00. I find this high for what the previous quality offered has been. If I do subscribe I will probably do so on a monthly basis to watch games that interest me, would the games be broadcast at 3.00pm Edinburgh time, or as has been the practise with TV games would they be at noon. If this is the case it is a bit too much to pay that amount and get up at 3.00am every week.

As a result of another thread on the Shed I thought I would get a cheap seniors flight and get my Saturday amusement slapping across the heid young people with their feet on bus seats. :whistling:

Service here in Oz has been good for me. Usually connect the PC to the 50inch Plasma and watch on that and not had any issues. Quality isn't HD but good enough for me. Worth the money for me to watch the games.

I've got a 50inch Plasma-ist post imo

You know what pisses me off about this - the start of the advert is all very positive about the service they are going to provide, but when you read near the bottom they are showing the SAME NUMBER OF GAMES AS LAST SEASON, except you have to pay about twenty quid more for the privilege! I'll still be buying it as (touch wood) I rarely have problems with the live feed, but I object to the club pretending they are doing something when we are just getting the same as last season.

colinmaroon

I have just cancelled my subscription to Hearts World. I find the whole thing quite confusing. I have been paying something like C$80.00. The new program is about C$140.00. I find this high for what the previous quality offered has been. If I do subscribe I will probably do so on a monthly basis to watch games that interest me, would the games be broadcast at 3.00pm Edinburgh time, or as has been the practise with TV games would they be at noon. If this is the case it is a bit too much to pay that amount and get up at 3.00am every week.

As a result of another thread on the Shed I thought I would get a cheap seniors flight and get my Saturday amusement slapping across the heid young people with their feet on bus seats. :whistling:

Be careful!

I'm not sure but I think it's a minimum of 6 months and then a monthly fee after that period.

I must say 60 quid is an awful lot to ask for just 18 games. All the pre-season hype was for more matches to shown.

That said, the tests they did last season of the HD quality were pretty impressive and, at least for one game, the HW commentary was completely in sync with the picture. If that works every time, then it's worth the money.

But how come there is no information on the Hearts site about what to do if you're already subscribed to the old system? My sub renews automatically every year but I'm not sure when. That just means more hassle trying to get it all sorted out. A simple email from the club wouldn't have been that much trouble.

To be honest I am totally confused now. I cancelled my Hearts TV account. I thought this Hearts International was totally seperate from the old one. If I register with the new one my cost is 69.99, thats it I take it. The service I take it then offers me all I had before, plus some better quality picture and more games. Is this a proper review of the circumstances or am I misled somewhere. On checking my present account despite pressing the cancel my account it is still current.

Also if I want to contact them by E Mail does it go through the Club E mail or am I not looking in the right places. Or am I just looking for love in all the wrong places? That would make a great song.

To be honest I am totally confused now. I cancelled my Hearts TV account. I thought this Hearts International was totally seperate from the old one. If I register with the new one my cost is 69.99, thats it I take it. The service I take it then offers me all I had before, plus some better quality picture and more games. Is this a proper review of the circumstances or am I misled somewhere. On checking my present account despite pressing the cancel my account it is still current.

Also if I want to contact them by E Mail does it go through the Club E mail or am I not looking in the right places. Or am I just looking for love in all the wrong places? That would make a great song.

Bob, I also want to cancel my annual HW subscription, but got an error message when I did, so I'm in the same boat as you.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well folks, I asked Lawrence on Facebook about this thread and he basically wants individual feedback. Over to you.

Well folks, I asked Lawrence on Facebook about this thread and he basically wants individual feedback. Over to you.

Lawrence can GTF. The feedback is right here, he can come and read it. That guy thinks he's something special and he isn't. HW video has been broken for years and he's never done anything about it.

From the Facebook announcement:

We're aiming to show 15-20 live games (no promises of course, its entirely based on the right infrastructure being there in terms of an OB unit and feed at BT Tower)

The number of games isn't even guaranteed.

Well like the wimp I am I have registered with the new group. Like I said I cancelled my previous membership. I only hope I don't despite an acknowledgment that I had cancelled get billed for both. My greatest fear is that I become one of the people when things don't go the way they want shout as in WW2 Camerade Camerade, which to us old farts indicated surrender. I am more likely to sing Away Down In Gorgie, although my wallet sings a different tune.

I don't begrudge the money although I agree it's getting up there. It's the unreliability that p!sses me off. That and I'm mainly Mac based as well and only have an older PC laptop.

I have 4MB wireless.. is there any chance of me getting the live video or is that speed to slow for live games.. i also only have a small notebook laptop but i am not sure if that makes a difference..

I would really like an option to try a game first.. if it works then i will go ahead with the full subscription..

What's the best way of contacting Lawrence about this setup? I have the Hearts.tv subscription and would like to change over to the international one.

I've got a 50inch Plasma-ist post imo

lol just trying to demonstrate to those that are saying watching it on the PC is crap that you can actually plug it into your telly and watch it from the comfort of your armchair for the cost of a lead for 10 quid

linkin- hearts

lol just trying to demonstrate to those that are saying watching it on the PC is crap that you can actually plug it into your telly and watch it from the comfort of your armchair for the cost of a lead for 10 quid

I've got 10 quid post imo:whistling:

Winnipeg Willie

I'm in ... no problems last year when watching on HW and the HD was excellent. If anyone is having trouble viewing you might want to check your bandwidth or clean out your cache, delete temp files etc and any other technical stuff that's needed to improve viewing ... well done Hearts in providing this service for the many overseas fans! P.S. Bob, every game should interest you :-)

I am an old sceptic, so while I will probably subscribe, I'll wait until there is feedback from the first game covered as I like to see what I'm paying for. Maybe if Hearts gave a Free Trial Offer I'd sign up now.

My bandwidth is sh*t but that is more to do with the local internet service than my laptop, although not having to use a UK proxy address might ease the buffering problems. Running a "cleaning" programme doesn't help much, so I have a feeling that I will be restricted to audio.

Ho-hum my problem not Hearts'.

My tuppence worth on this subject............

My HW subscription was automatically renewed a while back without receiving a notice that it was going to be taken from my bank account. Strike 1

This new "scheme" doesn't guarantee games, according to the way it's been written. "We hope........." Strike 2

Do they automatically think us ex-pats are rich? As this is a very high price to pay for something that is not guaranteed. Something to do with free space on a BT tower????

On the good side.......... I have a Mac, after they tweeked the system it worked great.......... In almost HD

To me, the way it should have been presented is there should have been an upgrade to the new service prorated to the amount of months left on your current subscription and then we wouldn't have all this crap that we always go through when it comes to matters concerning the club we love and always pay out for.And yes, there should have been a FREE Preview of this service.

On another note, I do have Lawrences mobile number if you want to complain. :)

Aye, I managed a couple of games like that until the lead or the telly or the laptop decided it didn't want to do it anymore. Probably my telly which I think was water damaged on the ark. Need a new one.

Any chance of buying it for me, Mr Nobody? You seem loaded!

John Gentleman

I found the live streaming last year very dodgy - and I have a VERY fast connection, so I'm very wary of this latest 'initiative'. Plus, a Sunday game kick-off at lunchtime means I'd have to get up at some ungodly hour then get about 2 hours sleep before getting ready for work. Who's bloody idea were Sunday kick-offs anyways?

Now, if they were to offer a post-match downloadable feature to the package, then I'd seriously consider.

Are you tuned in Laurence? Are you listening to your customers? Yoo-hoooooo.....wakey, wakey.

Ok....... Wh wants Lawrence's mobile number?

He's not going to answer obviously.

I've just read through the terms and conditions regarding this "new" service and low and behold, it won;t work on a Mac, so there's no point in me going any further. There's more but I honestly can't be bothered anymore.

As for his comments on not allowing the beeb not to do commentary on yesterdays game show how much the administration have become money-grabbing you know whats and not giving a hoot about real supporters.

:down:

It's the unknown that is the most frustrating issue. I can log on and then watch for a few minutes, go away for a coffee, and a quick smoke, come back and I have constant buffering etc.

When I read that the product is reliant on an unknown set of variables- BT Tower, bandwidth etc, this smacks of lack of resources and research. Product right the first time. Research the demand, make sure that the resources are there( both infrastructure, and people) then market the product.

They seem to be doing it ass before face. It's not rocket science. They should benchmark against similar products- that way one can learn, and adapt systems, structures, and process's that work and can be used by them.

The MLB network would be a good starting point.

They might decide that the costs will/would outweigh the potential revenue stream, or they might find that their pricing model is not balanced. Either way, more work should be done before going to market.

Just my two cents.

Clarkserino

Hi,

I know the advert says doesn't work on Macs. Just looking for some genuine feedback on using Hearts world in the past on Macs? I am moving out to Ontario in 3 weeks time, and my original plan had been to get out there and then subscribe to Hearts International, is that just pointless unless I have access to a PC?

Seems like the games I am gonna see has just plummeted. Looks like it will be Hearts V Rangers/ Celtic at the local Old Firm supporters clubs for me to get any Hearts fix!

Hi,

I know the advert says doesn't work on Macs. Just looking for some genuine feedback on using Hearts world in the past on Macs? I am moving out to Ontario in 3 weeks time, and my original plan had been to get out there and then subscribe to Hearts International, is that just pointless unless I have access to a PC?

Seems like the games I am gonna see has just plummeted. Looks like it will be Hearts V Rangers/ Celtic at the local Old Firm supporters clubs for me to get any Hearts fix!

Last season it DID work on Mac's. Not the full season, but as Hearts were moving onward and upward, things were great. Now, they have decided to save a few pennies, (a la the Dons toaster I presume) and are now going to pay the price.

And for this new service, they are charging more money for less.

Aye, I'm not happy and have a beef. :angry:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm going for it although I have to buy it first. HDMI cable from TV to laptop, plug cable from router into laptop rather than working wirelessly and job should be a good un!

I contacted the service provider by email got an almost instant reply it will not work on a MAC something to do with DRM or something, that must use a windows based media player. Will be stuck with setanta sports all season will get the games against the ugly sisters and Hibs plus the highlights on a monday night.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lawrence's arrogance in this matter doesn't surprise me. We don't have thousands of ex-pat fans so the opportunity to engage and sell the offer to a large number of potential subscribers exists. Instead, he palms it off. Marketing manager? He hasn't a clue about Marketing!

Lawrence's arrogance in this matter doesn't surprise me. We don't have thousands of ex-pat fans so the opportunity to engage and sell the offer to a large number of potential subscribers exists. Instead, he palms it off. Marketing manager? He hasn't a clue about Marketing!

He hasn't a clue about commentating either, but he still does it.

I'm still swithering. I'm not too bothered about watching Hearts get beat by St Johnstone live, so I'll wait for feedback on the service before subscribing.

I still say that it needs better marketing. Give one trial game free, and a special offer upgrade for existing Hearts-TV customers. Why is it that football is the only commodity where you have to pay in advance (ST) before you know what you are going to get for your money.

He hasn't a clue about commentating either, but he still does it.

I'm still swithering. I'm not too bothered about watching Hearts get beat by St Johnstone live, so I'll wait for feedback on the service before subscribing.

I still say that it needs better marketing. Give one trial game free, and a special offer upgrade for existing Hearts-TV customers. Why is it that football is the only commodity where you have to pay in advance (ST) before you know what you are going to get for your money.

Given how bad previous broadcasts have been I would need a trial before committing a penny. I already pay for the audio service and that's basically a donation to the club for all it gives you.

I don't imagine Lawrence could give a flying feck about the entire exercise, especially as it has already been declared that there's no guarantee of broadcast and/or quality.

As others have said, his arrogance is pathetic. He has a captive audience on JKB who probably make up 90% of his potential audience and he can't even be arsed joining us for a chat about the new service. ****** of the highest order.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lawrence has replied to Duffer on Facebook. Here's the response: -

Wullie - the match are screened in Flash at 1mb (as we trialied in the last three or four matches last season and got outstanding feedback) so should work on Macs (not Ipads though as I don't think they allow Flash).

The number of games can...'t be guaranteed because we don't know how each match is filmed until about 8 weeks out (and less in the latter part of the season) but we reckon 15-20 matches (currently 9 of the first 15 are live so we're on course).

For the last five years we've offered games live as part of a ?34.99 subscription which cost the club about ?250 per match to run so we're losing money. That could not continue. On the basis of last season you're matches would have cost a little over ?1 per game. To compare, Hibs charge ?6 per match which we're not going to do at this time. It's not perfect but the way the SPL is covered is not perfect. Every game you get will be multi-camera and will include instant replays etc. It will be streamed in excellent quality and course we'll welcome as much feedback as possible so we can work with our partners to improve as we go.

Archived