Price Of Key Cutting

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Does anyone know what the standard cost to get a basic cylinder lock key cut would be? I just got three keys cut and the wee bam in Timpson's charged me ?15. I am now slightly suspicious as I looked at my receipt and he's put it through as being a fiver. So either he's ripped me off, or he's ripped his work off with a wee tenner contribution to his friday night fund.

Which is it?

Snake Plissken

There's a place on Leith Walk that did keys for me about a year ago for about ?3.

You've been ripped off big time.

Does anyone know what the standard cost to get a basic cylinder lock key cut would be? I just got three keys cut and the wee bam in Timpson's charged me ?15. I am now slightly suspicious as I looked at my receipt and he's put it through as being a fiver. So either he's ripped me off, or he's ripped his work off with a wee tenner contribution to his friday night fund.

Which is it?

Go back and ask to see his Boss...Ask him what you should have been charged if it's wrong show him the reciept...Get the Wee bam sacked, That'd be funny as :whistling:

The People's Chimp

There's a place on Leith Walk that did keys for me about a year ago for about ?3.

You've been ripped off big time.

Absolute joke likes, it took him all of a minute per key. If the price is ?5 per key then obviously as Timpson's have the market pretty much covered, they've decided they can charge what they like. Put it this way, there are no other Key cutters I know of in glasgow city centre, so what are folk going to do?

I feel royally shafted though, and it's even more annoying that this **** has chored a tenner off it as well.

heartsfc_fan

Which is it?

Exactly the same with me. I had lost a set of keys so I borrowed the missus set and popped along and got 3 cut a few months ago. ?16 it cost me. Only took 3 mins aswell :blink:

conn artist

only expensive key I have had cut recently was the one for my old flat. the key opened the common door and the door to the actual flat so was not a standard yale key. cost about ?7 or something.

got keys cut a few weeks ago in NYC for the apartment i was staying in. $6 for three yale keys. sweet.

Archived