Toy Story

Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

...is now unquestionably the greatest motion picture trilogy of all time.

Discuss.

dobmisterdobster

Probably the best CGI motion picture trilogy.

And I also didn't like Toy Story 2.

Saw it tonight and it was brilliant.

however I will go for Back to The Future as the greatest Trilogy!

Pete Seeger

Went to see the 3rd one yesterday and it was fantastic. Some hilarious moments including lots o huggin bear strapped to the radiator of a bin lorry and Ken's fashion parade for Barbie. I can't for the life of me understand why abyone would dislike these movies.

It certainly pisses all over the snore fest that is Lord of the Rings. How anyone can watch 9 hours of hairy toed midgets wandering across a field is beyond me. They should make 1 film with all the battle scenes cut together and be done with al the pish in the middle.

Toy Story best ever? No. It is certainly 3 of the best animated/cgi/whatever films ever but as people have mentioned, the second is not to hot.

I loved the Bourne trilogy, back to the future, Mad Max and the Dollars trilogies far more than Toy Story and the aforementioned LotR.

...is now unquestionably the greatest motion picture trilogy of all time.

Discuss.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

pixar-Toy-Story-woody-buzz.jpg

Back To The Future is still the greatest trilogy of all time. Followed by the original Star Wars trilogy and the Godfather trilogy.

I saw Toy Story 3 today though and it was brilliant. Plenty of laugh out loud moments and a few weepies as well :thumbsup:

I enjoyed 1, 2 and 3 and it might make it into my top 5 trilogies. Ham and potatohead still get the best lines IMO :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Surprised to see anti-Toy Story 2 sentiment rearing its head. Until this point I had never heard anyone say it was anything other than at least as good as the first. Interesting, though - why do you guys not like it? I always preferred it to the first.

Bourne is a good shout as a challenger, I must admit, but Godfather doesn't maintain its own high standard through to the end of the trilogy, and Coppolla/Puzo have called part III an "Epilogue" rather than a trilogy conclusion. Therefore, while parts I and II may be better movies than any Toy Story individually, the edge as a trilogy stays with TS for me.

BTTF is also ace, but part III always disappoints a little.

I think Indiana Jones could have been a big challenger, but ruined it with that Crystal Skull pish.

Time to give a "mere" CGI animation its place among the big boys of cinema, for me. Easy to look down on animated and children's movies, but Toy Story is of a quality that most directors never reach in a career.

It's super. Best cartoon trilogy. It was quite dark in meaning the third one, cried a bit! Thankfully as it's very clever, it has one meaning for kids and another for adults :love:

Surprised to see anti-Toy Story 2 sentiment rearing its head. Until this point I had never heard anyone say it was anything other than at least as good as the first. Interesting, though - why do you guys not like it? I always preferred it to the first.

I always preferred it to the first as well, and Toy Story 2 is generally regarded by critics as being as good as or possibly better than the first movie.

I'll be seeing 3 later this week, and I'm looking forward to it.

I always preferred it to the first as well, and Toy Story 2 is generally regarded by critics as being as good as or possibly better than the first movie.

I'll be seeing 3 later this week, and I'm looking forward to it.

It's great Uly, you'll love it. I came home and watched Toy Story 2 (again)

Yep TS3 is a good 'un. I find myself unable to remember much of 2 though.

Saw Shrek3 in 3D as well.

And How to Train Your Dragon and Tooth Fairy as well - it's been some cinematic overload for me :D

Roy Croppers Handbag

Is it sad I was so looking forward to Toy Story 3 coming out I went to see it in Vegas last month before it came out here? :huh:

I'm 22 btw.

Guest C00l K1d

I heard its a really really sad yin.

Will i be gay if i cry.

Or will it earn me a 'pull' wi the bird? :whistling:

Marty McFly

Just watched toy story 1 and 2 tonight, getting me in the mood to see number 3 this week. best motion picture films IMHO

It's great Uly, you'll love it. I came home and watched Toy Story 2 (again)

Was forced to watch 1 & 2 over the weekend before going to 3 on Monday, then forced again to watch 1 & 2 over the last 3 days. Shouldnt really say I was forced to watch them, I didnt exactly resist much :whistling:

I heard its a really really sad yin.

Will i be gay if i cry.

Or will it earn me a 'pull' wi the bird? :whistling:

I never noticed the good lady was crying her eyes out next to me because I was struggling with something in my eye :verymad::rolleyes:

thommo, as for saying i didnt like the second one, its not that its not good - its great actually - its just i remember going to see it and being ready to leave half way through. watching it again at the weekend, i think thats because woody is 'kidnapped' quite early on and the woody-buzz relationship was so strong in the first one; simply reversing the roles of who saved who was a bit obvious and doing it so quickly destroyed the best relationship in the film. Also i didnt like stinky pete etc and i felt the grown gags in first one were smarter and more subtle. Maybe i expected too much, but for me the first one was streets ahead. I do expect i'll love the third one though, cant imagine it being so good as to topple the godfather.

Really good film and I must admit I had a tear in my eye at the end.

As far as best trilogies go, then my favourite would've been Alien-Aliens-Alien3, but of course they had to go and ruin it with complete overkill (Resurrection, AVP and AVPR)...that saying I am looking forward to the prequels coming out next(?) year.

I never noticed the good lady was crying her eyes out next to me because I was struggling with something in my eye :verymad::rolleyes:

Indeed - curse those 3D glasses. :whistling:

I P Knightley

It certainly pisses all over the snore fest that is Lord of the Rings. How anyone can watch 9 hours of hairy toed midgets wandering across a field is beyond me. They should make 1 film with all the battle scenes cut together and be done with al the pish in the middle.

That, my friend, is why you're a Jambo. It's a concept that the Hobos absolutely live for.

As for Trilogies - I'm yet to see Toy Story 3 so can't judge but there's no way that the Godfather trilogy is at the top of the pile. Great I and very good II but a trilogy has to be judged on all three parts and III was desperate.

Back to the Future also got a bit too complex and desperate towards the end.

Shrek tailed off after a great start but isn't a trilogy anymore so not worth considering.

Like the nomination for the Dollars. I watched a bit of a Rich Hall documentary on the westerns last night and it reminded me just how much fun and how clever many of those movies were.

Overall, though, I'd put my weight behind the Bourne trilogy to top the lot.

Dean Winchester

Going to see it tomorrow. Anyone seen it in 3D? Is it worth it for the 3D or is it the same kind of post-conversion they've used in the like of Clash of The Titans?

Rupert Pupkin

Going to see it tomorrow. Anyone seen it in 3D? Is it worth it for the 3D or is it the same kind of post-conversion they've used in the like of Clash of The Titans?

TOY STORY 3 with the kids today which was really good, you cant help but connect with the characters.There were more adults there than kids. Wouldn't recommend the extra couple of quid to see in 3D though. Didn't look like it was made for 3D even though they said it was

Posted this on the movies thread , dont pay extra for the 3D it,s not worth it.

Dean Winchester

TOY STORY 3 with the kids today which was really good, you cant help but connect with the characters.There were more adults there than kids. Wouldn't recommend the extra couple of quid to see in 3D though. Didn't look like it was made for 3D even though they said it was

That'll do for me :thumbsup:

It's fantastic. Watched TS3 a few nights ago (the first time I'd seen a 3D movie) and I loved it.

Spanish Buzz :laugh:

Also when Woody's hearing the story of what happened to the bear and it cuts to that clown. His pus is hilarious.

Tommy Wiseau

Would agree with this, to be honest - the 3D is very nice and all, but it doesn't affect the story in any way.

On the other hand... those 3D glasses may provide good enough cover to hide your tears and help you keep your rep. :thumbsup:

Dean Winchester

Would agree with this, to be honest - the 3D is very nice and all, but it doesn't affect the story in any way.

On the other hand... those 3D glasses may provide good enough cover to hide your tears and help you keep your rep. :thumbsup:

I have to wear glasses in the cinema for 2D or 3D anyway :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not long back from seeing it and I must say I was a bit disappointed. It's not a bad movie, not at all and compared to most other movies it's very good, but I just felt I'd seen it all before.

Lotso was just a clone of Stink Pete, toys not getting played with anymore, going on a big perilous journey to save one of the team, all done in Toy Story 2 (which I thought had more laughs than Toy Story and was at every bit as good, if not better).

Yeah there were some laughs and the end is touching and tear jerking and entirely appropriate, but overall it did not meet the high expectations that Pixar have given me over the years.

And it's not worth seeing in 3D, in fact I think I might have enjoyed it more if I had been watching the plain old flat version of Woody and Buzz.

I liked Bonnie's toys though, especially the triceratops!

Thought the Shakespearean hedgehog was funny as **** :laugh:

toy story is good but the best trilogys are back to the future,the godfather , matrix and austin powers.

the best animated trilogy has to be shrek

toy story is good but the best trilogys are back to the future,the godfather , matrix and austin powers.

yer joking!

Shrek was very good but the sequels are honking!

yer joking!

Shrek was very good but the sequels are honking!

He lost me at Matrix. I find it easier to just deny that there were a second and third Matrix film. The first is superb, the other two do not even exist to me.

The best trilogy is Star Wars, by a country mile. Godfather III is crap, Back to the Future II and III are not even close to being as good as the first. The Bourne trilogy is at least consistent, but it's more of a series like Bond than a classic trilogy, it doesn't do beginning, middle and end as such although I suppose there is some kind of denouement. Word to The Man With No Name trilogy though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Did anyone think that the triceratops was voiced by Mel from Flight of the Conchords? I was sure it was her!

We went to see it last night, brilliant. When the horse guy introduces the Shakesperean hedgehog as Baron von Shoosh I was crying! :lol:

There are 4 Shrek films...

Godfather is the best trilogy. As debated on another thread last month 3 is underrated. Closely followed by the Terminator (I know there's four now)

Prefer Shrek to Toy Story. Saw the new one last night and it's better thaan the third one. Lord of the rings and Star Wars do nothing for me, especially the 3 new Star Wars films, just an excuse to make new toys IMO.

Toy Story 2 when the cowgirl sings her song made me cry like a big jessie last weekend.

Godfather is the best trilogy. As debated on another thread last month 3 is underrated. Closely followed by the Terminator (I know there's four now)

Prefer Shrek to Toy Story. Saw the new one last night and it's better thaan the third one. Lord of the rings and Star Wars do nothing for me, especially the 3 new Star Wars films, just an excuse to make new toys IMO.

Toy Story 2 when the cowgirl sings her song made me cry like a big jessie last weekend.

I have highlighted the parts of this post that aren't wrong.

Archived