Xbox 360 - EU Price Drop Official

Dazo

Microsoft today announced it is lowering the estimated retail price (ERP) for its Xbox 360? family of consoles in Europe. Now with an entry-level ERP of ?199.99/?159.99, Xbox 360 is a mass market entertainment proposition with something to offer for every interest and budget.

From Friday, 14th March, Xbox 360, which includes a 20GB hard drive and one wireless controller, will have an ERP of ?269.99/?199.99 - a saving of ?80/?50 on the current ERP. The Xbox 360 Elite, which comes with a massive 120GB hard drive enabling consumers to store huge quantities of content downloaded from Xbox LIVE? Marketplace as well as their own music, will have an ERP of ?369.99/?259.99 - a saving of ?80/?40. The Xbox 360 Arcade console, perfect for those wishing to make their first foray into the gaming and entertainment world of Xbox, will have an ERP of ?199.99/?159.99 - a saving of ?80/?20.

Xbox 360 is the number one next-gen console in EMEA, owning 42% of the market in terms of life-to-date revenue. Xbox 360 continues to enjoy the highest software attach rate of any game console in Europe with more than 7.0 games sold per console (PS3: 3.8; Wii 3.5) after 26 months on the market .

The new ERPs are part of Microsoft's ongoing strategy to open up the ultimate in high-definition gaming and entertainment to an even wider audience, with an offering for everyone:

* Best Choice for Families:

o Xbox 360 grows as your family does, offering games and entertainment for every member of the family - from movies to games to music videos.

o With over 150 3+ rated games and unparalleled parental controls, parents can feel good about their kids playing Xbox 360

* Most Diverse Entertainment:

o Xbox 360 offers great choice in high-definition entertainment

o Xbox Live Video Store offers a wide variety of movies to download, both in HD and SD, enabling great entertainment in the living room at the press of a button

o It's easy to view and enjoy video and photos on Xbox 360 as well as connect wirelessly to share content with a Windows Media Center PC

* The Best Games:

o There will be over 1,000 games available on Xbox 360 by the end of the year, with something for every skill level, interest and taste.

o New community games allow gamers to sample the best of indie games, providing innovative new ways to play and enjoy

o Blockbuster franchises like Grand Theft Auto IV, with exclusive downloadable episodes on Xbox LIVE, and Rock Band make Xbox 360 the place to be this Spring

o Xbox 360 exclusives for 2008 include Fable 2, Gears of War 2 and Too Human, setting new standards for next-generation gaming

"Xbox 360 is now mass market in Europe," said Chris Lewis, Vice President, Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Business Europe. "We have reached and surpassed several key milestones that form part of our long term strategic plan to achieve critical mass in Europe; and our portfolio now offers the kind of mainstream entertainment experiences that secure wider appeal for Xbox 360. These factors allow us to execute on our strategy to widen the market for Xbox 360, as planned.

"We continue to offer intense, immersive gaming experiences for gamers - but now we're priced in a way that will allow new consumers to find out for themselves why Xbox 360 is the ultimate in high-definition entertainment." said Lewis. "History shows that ?199/?159 is the price point where a console's audience begins to expand, and with these new ERPs in place we're ready to bring more consumers into the Xbox 360 world."

Source: Microsoft press release

Playstation 3 is far superior don't waste your money on a fault-ridden xbox

shame all the games are crap though

They are releasing alot more and what they do have is worth it in my opinion. Uncharted is a fantastic game. coming up:

Gran turismo HD

Time Crisis

Golden Axe (nostalgic value, originals were some of the best games ever)

Uncharted 2

Indiana Jones and Starwars games near the end of the year, that use a new game engine that xbox won't be able to cope with. primarily because blu-ray holds more information

and now that blu-ray has won its worth it in itself as a blu-ray player will set you back more than a ps3

They are releasing alot more and what they do have is worth it in my opinion. Uncharted is a fantastic game. coming up:

Gran turismo HD

Time Crisis

Uncharted 2

Indiana Jones and Starwars games near the end of the year, that use a new game engine that xbox won't be able to cope with. primarily because blu-ray holds more information

and now that blu-ray has won its worth it in itself as a blu-ray player will set you back more than a ps3

GT is the only game up there, and possibly Uncharted 2 that will be worth getting that wont be on the xbox. Im sure the xbox is still getting starwars unleashed if thats the one your referring to, as even the Wii is getting it.

Commander Harris
Playstation 3 is far superior don't waste your money on a fault-ridden xbox

when will people get past the hardware issue!

you can have the fastest chips, most RAM etc and still have a crap console because a console is only as good as the GAMES you can play on it.

historically, the least powerful console has almost always won the "console war" of its generation. For example the PS2 won in a generation that had the x-box and gamecube - both technically superior consoles.

I am a fan of games, not platforms.

another example I've used before - people like bands/musicians. Not the manufacturer of a particular player. at least, that's the way it should be.

you can have the fastest chips, most RAM etc and still have a crap console because a console is only as good as the GAMES you can play on it.

historically, the least powerful console has almost always won the "console war" of its generation. For example the PS2 won in a generation that had the x-box and gamecube - both technically superior consoles.

another example I've used before - people like bands/musicians. Not the manufacturer of a particular player. at least, that's the way it should be.

neither the PSone or the PS2 was the most powerful console of its generation. yet my playstation owning friends say i should get a PS3 coz its the most powerful!? :confused:

Your right.I have all 3 of the new consoles but have still to play a game on the PS3 that has blown me away.Played many brilliant games on the 360 and Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil on the Wii but only Ratchet & Clank has come close to being great on the PS3(sorry COD4 aswll but i had that for both PS3 and 360)

Gran turismo HD

Time Crisis

Uncharted 2

Now correct me if I'm wrong with any of my points...

Golden Axe - Already on the 360 arcade.

Indiana Jones and Star Wars will be using the same engine that Mass Effect does, which the 360 can cope with :rolleyes:

It's all about opinions, the PS3 had far too many delays and that made me buy the 360, which I'm delighted with. It also has the exclusive content for GTA IV, great success!

Now correct me if I'm wrong with any of my points...

Golden Axe - Already on the 360 arcade.

Indiana Jones and Star Wars will be using the same engine that Mass Effect does, which the 360 can cope with :rolleyes:

It's all about opinions, the PS3 had far too many delays and that made me buy the 360, which I'm delighted with. It also has the exclusive content for GTA IV, great success!

Indy and The Force Unleashed are both coming to the 360 mate.Indy was confirmed before the PS3 was even out.Even Unreal Tournament 3 is coming to the 360.What aint coming and what i am really excited about on the PS3 is God Of War 3

Indy and The Force Unleashed are both coming to the 360 mate.Indy was confirmed before the PS3 was even out.Even Unreal Tournament 3 is coming to the 360.What aint coming and what i am really excited about on the PS3 is God Of War 3

I'll need to check what God of War is about, could it come out for PC? All major gaming titles need to release on the 360 IMO, it's all about ??? at the end of the day.

i'll need to find the site. its not force unleashed. it was another for very end of year (no doubt longer) but i think the game engine was EI or something. Not the same as mass effect because it was an all new program and hence why it was taking so long. im not into computers or all that jargon but that was my understanding. im sure it was the offical lucas arts site. and indy im talking about was definately not released before ps3 was out because they began designing it specifically for the ps3. I no im a massive indiana jones fan and theres been build up to it for years.

Microsoft today announced it is lowering the estimated retail price (ERP) for its Xbox 360? family of consoles in Europe. Now with an entry-level ERP of ?199.99/?159.99, Xbox 360 is a mass market entertainment proposition with something to offer for every interest and budget.

Balls. I just bought an Xbox elite 2 weeks ago...

:sad:

I'll need to check what God of War is about, could it come out for PC? All major gaming titles need to release on the 360 IMO, it's all about ??? at the end of the day.

No God Of War games are Playstation exclusive

i'll need to find the site. its not force unleashed. it was another for very end of year (no doubt longer) but i think the game engine was EI or something. Not the same as mass effect because it was an all new program and hence why it was taking so long. im not into computers or all that jargon but that was my understanding. im sure it was the offical lucas arts site. and indy im talking about was definately not released before ps3 was out because they began designing it specifically for the ps3. I no im a massive indiana jones fan and theres been build up to it for years.

I never said Indy was released before the PS3 came out i said it was confirmed for the 360 before the PS3 was even out it was one of the first trailers i downloaded on my 360.

I see Bioshock 2 has been announced, another fantastic Xbox exclusive. I've still not finished the first one, will need to have a go later.

jack D and coke
I see Bioshock 2 has been announced, another fantastic Xbox exclusive. I've still not finished the first one, will need to have a go later.

Its one of the best games i've played on the 360. There was downloadable content a while back that gave extra mods and powers for taking down the big daddies. Really meant to have another dash at it. Different endings as well depending on whether you harvest or set free the little girls. I killed them all so need to see what happens if you don't.

That and Mass Effect have no equal on PS3.

Its one of the best games i've played on the 360. There was downloadable content a while back that gave extra mods and powers for taking down the big daddies. Really meant to have another dash at it. Different endings as well depending on whether you harvest or set free the little girls. I killed them all so need to see what happens if you don't.

New downloadable missions for Mass Effect are now out aswell

jack D and coke
New downloadable missions for Mass Effect are now out aswell

Aye a wee word of warning for anybody whose intending to download that. Make sure you keep a couple of save games before you start the final mission because the DLC appears as side quests and once you take on the final mission you can't leave the preisidium and once the mission is over you would need to start another career as i've found to my cost.

Great game for anyone who hasn't played it and i hate RPG's.

It's a great game, I've not completed it so I don't know what happens at the end, but my mate seems to think It'll be a prequel. I think Mass Effect is to be a trilogy, so plenty more fun to be had with that. The PS3 can't compare to the 360, it has better games and Xbox Live is second to none.

I'm going to have a look on the forums and see if there is a way for you to play that Mass Effect download.

jack D and coke
It's a great game, I've not completed it so I don't know what happens at the end, but my mate seems to think It'll be a prequel. I think Mass Effect is to be a trilogy, so plenty more fun to be had with that. The PS3 can't compare to the 360, it has better games and Xbox Live is second to none.

I'm going to have a look on the forums and see if there is a way for you to play that Mass Effect download.

Nice one sconnie cheers but it would need to be quick cos i reckon i'll be trading it in next week for Rainbow Six Vegas 2. :peace:

Ray Winstone

So has anyone seen the price drop in effect today?

As it was my birthday yesterday I have decided to splash out on an xbox pro and am basically looking for the best deal I can get for 200 quid.

jack D and coke

As it was my birthday yesterday I have decided to splash out on an xbox pro and am basically looking for the best deal I can get for 200 quid.

Gamestation or Blockbuster generally have the best deals but look around mate there's plenty of deals. GAME generally have the worst deals bundled with the worst games so i'd stay away from them, things like Viva Pinata and pish like that. There's a tonne of great games as well so look around. What sort of games are you into?

Zavvi has an excellent deal. Premium console complete with 20GB hard drive, plus copies of Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed for ?210.

Ray Winstone
Gamestation or Blockbuster generally have the best deals but look around mate there's plenty of deals. GAME generally have the worst deals bundled with the worst games so i'd stay away from them, things like Viva Pinata and pish like that. There's a tonne of great games as well so look around. What sort of games are you into?

Mainly Sports games (of any sort) and things like Call of Duty, GTA - if you catch my drift.

I am just shopping around for now - probably buy one next weekend at the latest.

Ray Winstone
Zavvi has an excellent deal. Premium console complete with 20GB hard drive, plus copies of Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed for ?210.

Not too bad at all.

I can get an xbox pro at argos for 180 (with a mates discount) which has a wireless controller, headset and 1 month free subscription to xbox live.

jack D and coke
Mainly Sports games (of any sort) and things like Call of Duty, GTA - if you catch my drift.

I am just shopping around for now - probably buy one next weekend at the latest.

COD4 is the mutts online and off. Best sports games are probably Pro Evo and FIFA, FIFA apparently has the best online functions and smoother online play. Bioshock, Half Life 2 Orange Box, MassEffect and PGR4 are top games too. New Rainbow 6 Vegas is out next week. GOW is ace also.

Archived