Anyone been to OZ?

bob

My cousin and her husband are away for 6 month and have invited me and a friend out. They're providing accommodation and food. Looking to go around the end of July. Looked around abit and the cheapest flights i can get come to 2,500 return. I reckon i could get it abit cheaper than that, anyone got any ideas which travel agents would be cheapest?

Dean Winchester
Works out around the same in total i think.

Really? Most of them seem to have taxes and fees included? :confused:

Really? Most of them seem to have taxes and fees included? :confused:

Works out around 500 quid cheaper upon looking into it further.

?1,019

It was a while ago but because you have free accomdation etc you should look on teletext.

I got a spare seat on a Thomas Cook charter flight from Manchester. It cost 175 quid I think. Would have been 350 return.

You have to be ready to go with a weeks notice to get the best deals.

It was a while ago but because you have free accomdation etc you should look on teletext.

I got a spare seat on a Thomas Cook charter flight from Manchester. It cost 175 quid I think. Would have been 350 return.

Need to give a few months notice at work. Cheers for the advice though.

Nucky Thompson

My inlaws just got back last Wednesday after six weeks in OZ. They flew with Singapore airlines and it was only ?800 each. You would think it would be cheaper in July as it is winter over there.

Total: ?2312.60 :sad:

Oh well, they were cheapest when I went to the US a few years ago

J.T.F.Robertson

I ended up flying with them after Globespan fecked me around, last May, excellent flight it was. I think it cost me about 68 squids, all-inclusive. 'Course that was from Calgary to Manchester, so doesn't help the OP, but I thought I'd give them a plug anyway. :confused:

I've been out 4 times (my folks live out there) and i've never paid more than ?800 for a ticket. Best site ive used is http://www.airline-network.co.uk (or something like that).

The best airline ive flown with is singapore, by an absolute mile. If its a matter of a few quid to get them instead of emirates or quantas, then do it, brilliant service, cumfy seats, tasty stewardesses etc etc etc....

I've been out 4 times (my folks live out there) and i've never paid more than ?800 for a ticket. Best site ive used is http://www.airline-network.co.uk (or something like that).

The best airline ive flown with is singapore, by an absolute mile. If its a matter of a few quid to get them instead of emirates or quantas, then do it, brilliant service, cumfy seats, tasty stewardesses etc etc etc....

Singapore are the best airline although Emirates fly from Glasgow.

If you are flexible go in June and you will save a bit of cash.

I've been to Aus twice. Travelled all over. You need to check out Cairns. I didnt pay anywhere near as much of that for flights though. unfortunately i cant remember the name of the travel agent i used. i'll try find out for you.

Archived